Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 98542 times)

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #465 on: April 01, 2020, 02:33:58 AM »
Lately, I've been wondering how Tuuri would do in the Ascendance of a Bookworm setting. It's one of those die-and-reincarnate-in-fantasy-setting stories that are a dime a dozen in Japanese media, but the twist in the original work is that the person from our world is a bookworm and the fantasy setting in its pre-printing-press era. The number one difficulty of a SSSS crossover is that it would be probably be best to have Tuuri end up in an entirely different family than that of the original story's protagonist; her new older sister is named "Tuuli" and due to the way Japanese-to-Latin name translation works, "Tuuri" is a technically correct interpretation of her name as well.

(Says the girl with an inordinate fondness for the Dead Guy Junior trope)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:38:57 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #466 on: April 01, 2020, 07:47:42 AM »
So, I suppose this is not, in fact, an appropriate place for me to plug my kinda-crossover with the Blonde Sunrise comic, which I'm told is halfway decent, which would make it the best of my fics by default...

Oh, I did it anyway. Shame on me.

SORRY EVERYONE, I'MMA GO HIDE FOREVER

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2020, 08:01:10 AM »
So, I suppose this is not, in fact, an appropriate place for me to plug my kinda-crossover with the Blonde Sunrise comic, which I'm told is halfway decent, which would make it the best of my fics by default...

Oh, I did it anyway. Shame on me.

SORRY EVERYONE, I'MMA GO HIDE FOREVER

I must disagree. It's not halfway decent. It's a great story!

For me it's ok that you hide, as long as it's for a very short time and you spend that time writing more! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:06 AM »
Cinnamon bun was my favorite pastry.
....It....Was...
cry

More seriously, it is a nice little story. Quite sad, but I was able to perfectly see both characters during the (heartbreaking) discussion. Maybe at some point adding Emil perspective could have been interesting. Having an insight of his mind, and his feelings toward is current situation.
Neverthless, great job ! Hope you'll write more !! :D

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2020, 08:17:00 AM »
For me it's ok that you hide, as long as it's for a very short time and you spend that time writing more! :)
JFYI, I've written and posted two more stories since then, but they have nothing to do with SSSS and they're for a completely different fandom. One of them is infamously TERRIBAD (I rushed it and it shows), and the other is actually conceptually brilliant, but the execution is lacking and besides, I imagine it can be rather opaque for people unfamiliar with the source material. You can check them out if you want, but consider yourself warned.

I actually have an idea for another story, completely original this time, but I need to do some more figuring out before I start writing.