Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580627 times)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #675 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:54 AM »
Apparently we just availed ourselves of a batch of mecha-squirrels even ...

Oh, I want one for the Kinderzimmer!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #676 on: April 23, 2015, 06:45:53 AM »
Welcome, new people :)

I speak French to an acceptable level and will be working as an English language teaching assistant in Besançon later in the year. If anyone reading this speaks French, send me a message - I need practice!
You can join us in the french thread (in the language board) !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Blacky

• Super-Newbie
  • I like cheese.
« Reply #677 on: April 24, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Blacky from Canada and I've been watching Minna's art since long before even ARtD was a thing, so I've been a fan of SSSS since before anything was even posted, which I think is the same story for a lot of people. :) I figured that it was time that I joined the forum, so here I am! Phew. Glad that's done.

In real life I'm an aspiring author (my main creative pursuit) and I'm working on the pre-production of a graphic novel which shall be called 'Dragon Knight.' I've actually learned lot about comic production by studying established comic artists like and including Minna and I've been slowly beginning to do little practice comics alongside all the concept art that I create to work out stuff like what the look of my own comic will be. When I am not doing creative stuff I hike, backpack, camp, stare at cat videos, adore my own cats and work at a boring retail job.

DonatelloFellow

• DeviantArt
« Reply #678 on: April 24, 2015, 09:33:32 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEeEeEeee the new domain name isn't blocked by my school network <3 Hehehe I can actually post in the forum now

So hey folks, it's me DonatelloFellow, story writer, artist, and awkardier. Feel free to talk to me about whatever ^-^

Eh, I'll write more later

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #679 on: April 24, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »

(Seriously though, should we start a thread for this or something?)

Started.
My one-and-only: :uk:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #680 on: April 24, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
Seriously though, should we start a thread for this or something?

If anyone would like your posts from this thread moved to the new Space Thread Richard just created, please let me know.  (PM or posting here, either way.)

- Sunflower
Forum-Skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #681 on: April 26, 2015, 12:18:13 AM »
Heyo! I'm Latent Leprechaun!
I came from over yonder *waves vaguely off in a direction*
Some of you may have seen me in the chat on occasion.

I have never really been into reading webcomics. I would occasionally read Precocious and Lackadaisy when I was bored, but I always lurked. When my brother introduced me to SSSS I binge read the comic in 2-4 days and then inhaled read aRTD. It only took a few weeks after that for me to finally break down and make a comment on a page. Then it all went downhill. I made an account on the forum, made a piece of fan-art and have been obsessively checking and re-checking the forum and the comic since. My fate has sealed.

On another note, I like trying to art with both digital and physical mediums and I'm fairly decent with Blender!

http://www.blender.org/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:20:30 AM by Latent Leprechaun »
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #682 on: April 26, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »
Hi Blacky, DonatelloFellow and Latent Leprechaun! Welcome to the forum!  :D I hope you'll have a nice time and lots of fun here - we're all friendly people, there are interesting discussions on almost everything and if you don't find the topic you're looking for, you can of course start a new thread :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #683 on: April 26, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »
Hello, I'm MrNegative from Atlanta, Georgia. I'm not as negative as you may think. :D

I came across SSSS in Summer 2014 and have been keeping up on the webcomic since then. I decided to join this forum after I left my previous one due to lack of interest. Hopefully I'll remain here for a while and become a daily poster and become active in the community.

Cheers!
Native: :usa:
Learning: :sweden:, :vaticancity:
On hold: :denmark:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #684 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:01 PM »
Welcome everyone! :)

Hopefully I'll remain here for a while and become a daily poster and become active in the community.

Cheers!

Unfortunately, your profile doesn't agree with you. You better reason with it. :P
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #685 on: April 26, 2015, 12:42:55 PM »
Welcome to the other newbies!
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #686 on: April 26, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
Welcome everyone! :)

Unfortunately, your profile doesn't agree with you. You better reason with it. :P

Until I actually decide...
Well...I've posted daily so far, so I guess I'll change it. :P
Native: :usa:
Learning: :sweden:, :vaticancity:
On hold: :denmark:

Divra

« Reply #687 on: April 27, 2015, 05:44:31 PM »
It was pointed out to me that I had been rude and forgotten to introduce myself so here we go.

Divra's the handle, I'm fresh to the comic but have handed out recommendations like candy. The community seems great, and I can't wait to tallk some more with you all.

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #688 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
Hi! I'm Olive, my brother introduced me to this comic, and i've been reading it for about a month now. You may know him, he's Adrai. So, I enjoy watching Anime shows in Japanese with my friends, and studio Ghibli. :D They are my favorite. I also enjoy reading and drawing. YAY. I've been a lurker for a while, and have enjoyed the fun and interesting conversations you have all had, and am excited to join in on the randomness. :D
-Olive

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #689 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:42 PM »
i haven't actually welcomed any newbies before, but a first time for everything i guess

HELLO Divra and Olive3-3!!!! Welcome to this super neato community!! We do indeed have fun and interesting conversations - among other things, we also have lots of art and storystuff and self-insertion (if you hear accordion noises, watch out, it might be a troll).
I'm not a cookie baker but I'm sure one of them will come around soon and cover you with edibles, so brace yourselves, hahahaha
you'll know where to find me.