Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580576 times)

Snommelp

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #660 on: April 20, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
After a while of being too nervous to sign up and post here, I figured it was finally time to fix that! So howdy, I'm Shelby (or Baku if you prefer) and I come from the lovely Commonwealth of Virginia where you can drive from a big city to a field out in the middle of nowhere in approx. 5 minutes.

Welcome Baku! I am also from the Commonwealth! Formerly from one of those big cities, and now out in the middle of nowhere  :P
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #661 on: April 20, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »
Omfg nice art, fellow newbie :D

Thank you, I'll have to post some serious non-doodle-y arts when I can!  ;)

Welcome Baku! I am also from the Commonwealth! Formerly from one of those big cities, and now out in the middle of nowhere  :P

Thanks! I'm kinda shocked at the amount of people from VA lol.
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

AusMonde

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #662 on: April 21, 2015, 01:31:20 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm Geoff, a 22 year old student living in Brisbane, Australia when I can't escape the city. I've been reading SSSS since the last prologue page went up and finally decided to stop lurking because you all seem like lovely people. Also, cookies.

*nom*
Niiiice cookies.
*nom nom nom*

I speak French to an acceptable level and will be working as an English language teaching assistant in Besançon later in the year. If anyone reading this speaks French, send me a message - I need practice!
Fluent: :australia:
Getting there: :france: (B2 level)
Learning: :sweden: :portugal:
Archaeological curiosity: :japan:

My Duolingo username is VonGooge - add me if you wish!

BreezeLouise

« Reply #663 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
Hi. I'm some chick from Michigan that wants to become an aerospace engineer and/or a pilot. I like reading and writing a bunch, and I play bass (poorly). Aside from science and aviation, music is easily my biggest passion. I like copy editing too, for some weird reason. Feel free to make fun of me for this whenever I make a typo.

I speak English. American English. I tried to learn French once, it was a complete disaster. People died. Other things I'm really bad at: geography; drawing; singing; dancing; sports that aren't soccer or tennis; posting in the intro thread before anywhere else; and much, much more.

My best friend (koalalou <3) directed me here after introducing me to SSSS, for which I will always owe her. I'm usually not too big on webcomics (or normal comics), but SSSS really hits all the right notes. I love it.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend I'm super interesting, but hopefully we'll get along just fine anyway.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:01:37 PM by BreezeLouise »
Life is a state of mind.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #664 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »
Hi. I'm some chick from Michigan that wants to become an aerospace engineer and/or a pilot. I like reading and writing a bunch, and I play bass (poorly). Aside from science and aviation, music is easily my biggest passion. I like copy editing too, for some weird reason. Feel free to make fun of me for this whenever I make a typo.

My best friend (koalalou <3) directed me here after introducing me to SSSS, for which I will always owe her. I'm usually not too big on webcomics (or normal comics), but SSSS really hits all the right notes. I love it.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend I'm super interesting, but hopefully we'll get along just fine anyway.

D'awww.  You sound interesting to me!  :) Your aerospace knowledge will come in handy discussing tech issues.  We can use a bass player over in our SSSS: The Musical! thread.  And as Forum-Skald, I'm always happy to see more copy editors. 

BTW, what happened to koalalou?  We haven't seen her posting in a few weeks, and we miss her!  She got the self-inserts ball rolling, among other things. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Snommelp

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »
D'awww.  You sound interesting to me!  :) Your aerospace knowledge will come in handy discussing tech issues.  We can use a bass player over in our SSSS: The Musical! thread.  And as Forum-Skald, I'm always happy to see more copy editors. 

BTW, what happened to koalalou?  We haven't seen her posting in a few weeks, and we miss her!  She got the self-inserts ball rolling, among other things.

...SSSS: The Musical? What is this? Could you kindly direct me towards it?
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

BreezeLouise

« Reply #666 on: April 21, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »

Aw, thanks~ I'll totally toss toss in what I know if the situation arises. It's not the most practical post-apocalyptic profession, though, if we're being totally honest. As for the musical, that sounds awesome, I'll totally check it out. I can't promise that I can join in, though, I'm really not very good. And I've never actually written any music before.

I'm honestly not completely sure. We talked for a few hours the other day, but it didn't come up. Knowing her, she's just been forgetting, though. I'll remind her to pop on next time I talk to her.

Oh, as for the copy editing thing, you can totally feel free to have me take a look at something if you're swamped or just don't want to do it. Nobody believes me when I say I enjoy doing it, but I really do.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:50:45 PM by BreezeLouise »
Life is a state of mind.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #667 on: April 21, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »

I speak English. American English. I tried to learn French once, it was a complete disaster. People died. Other things I'm really bad at: geography; drawing; singing; dancing; sports that aren't soccer or tennis; posting in the intro thread before anywhere else; and much, much more.

I'm Matt, I also want/am studying to become an Aerospace engineer. If you'd like to discuss feel free to shoot me a PM, I don't bite and I do enjoy good talks.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

EveryZig

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #668 on: April 22, 2015, 03:26:52 AM »
Hi! I have read SSSS and lurked on the board for a few weeks now, and this is my first time posting here.

By the way, I have been kind of wanting to make a thread to compare/contrast SSSS with zombie fiction on the SSSS board, but part of me thinks that would be a bad idea (especially for not having posted here before). Should I go for it?

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #669 on: April 22, 2015, 04:39:34 AM »
Hi! I have read SSSS and lurked on the board for a few weeks now, and this is my first time posting here.

By the way, I have been kind of wanting to make a thread to compare/contrast SSSS with zombie fiction on the SSSS board, but part of me thinks that would be a bad idea (especially for not having posted here before). Should I go for it?

Why, hello there, young 'un! Welcome to the forum! A welcoming party will be with you shortly, but as for that comparison: you should probably post it on the general discussion board, in my opinion. However, I'll let the Great Almighty Sunflower Skald have the final say.

Anyway, welcome to the rapidly growing team!
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #670 on: April 22, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »

Why, hello there, young 'un! Welcome to the forum! A welcoming party will be with you shortly, but as for that comparison: you should probably post it on the general discussion board, in my opinion. However, I'll let the Great Almighty Sunflower Skald have the final say.

Anyway, welcome to the rapidly growing team!

*whoosh*  Did someone call? 
EveryZig, I agree with DaneMurgen.  Discussing SSSS in the context of zombie fiction is a fine topic; it could plausibly go in the SSSS board, but let's put it in General Discussion just because that's a bit less cluttered.  (Also, GD has other book/movie/video game discussions.)

Welcome to the Forum!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Anton

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #671 on: April 22, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
Hi there,
my name's Anton. I've been reading SSSS for a few days now and I've been hooked frm the first few pages,
so i decided to join in on the forum so I can actually talk to people about the thing :D I'm also hilariously bad at introductions, but I'm trying. 
I'm a german punk and part-time viking, a massive nerd and a student of the literary arts. So yeah. Hello and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:29:40 PM by Anton »

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #672 on: April 22, 2015, 04:53:44 PM »
Welcome, all new people! Get yourself comfortable and join the merry party! We have cookies, drinks, a pillow fort and countless other nice things ;D
Anton: Hello from a fellow German, nice to meet you!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #673 on: April 22, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »
We have cookies, drinks, a pillow fort and countless other nice things ;D
Apparently we just availed ourselves of a batch of mecha-squirrels even ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #674 on: April 22, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
Hello!

*readies cookie cannon

READY

AIM

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: