Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580403 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2015, 12:24:34 PM »
/takes all the cookies
But yeah you most likely have, haha.. . . ... I overreact over Emil/Lalli things (YOUR COMIC FOR EXAMPLE SWEATS) and I've been rolling on the fanart side there!

Thank you both you're too nice ;7;

Ah yeah, you're the one who posted all the excited tags on that post ;D Gave me a good chuckle.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
I'm trying to get more active on the forum because none of my friends read SSSS and I need people to talk to..! (??? ) Let's obsess together get along oK
/starts sweating

Oh yes, let's be friends. :D Welcome! Love your avatar.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

mureena

• Super-Newbie
  • sadly i am only an eel
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Gave me a good chuckle.

I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED

Oh yes, let's be friends. :D Welcome! Love your avatar.

I'm glad my avatar makes its way to people's hearts, haha. Thank yooououou too ( ? ³?)?
/edit: Apparently the forum doesn't appreciate my emojis tho haha
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:06:54 PM by mureena »
can do: :finland::uk:
studied but lmao: :sweden::spain::russia::vaticancity::china:
would love to: :japan:

tumblah

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
I like you already. Have some cookies, stay awhile!

(also pretty sure I've seen you around tumblr, heh)

Eh Piney, you are aware about the original quote, aren't you? :P

:)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
Eh Piney, you are aware about the original quote, aren't you? :P

:)

Ah, no? Maybe? What?

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »
Ah, no? Maybe? What?

*coughcough* Live of Brian *coughcough*

*goes into hiding*
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
*coughcough* Live of Brian *coughcough*

*goes into hiding*

Wait, yes! I'm familiar with that, yeah :) (I was just going off the idiom "take off your coat and stay a while")

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #472 on: February 27, 2015, 05:19:36 PM »
Hello all!

I've been meaning to join the forum for a while now, but I prefer to lurk, generally because... reasons. I really enjoy perusing the forums though so I figured I ought to at least introduce myself and stop lurking.

I'm a year older than Tuuri, I have a bachelor's degree in French and Spanish, I speak a little Italian, am learning Korean, and have recently added Finnish to my to-do list along with Japanese, Icelandic, Dutch, German and Russian just for fun ...I dream big. I call the pretty, pretty Pacific Northwest my home but I want to travel all over the world. I'm struggling to find a job though (because I refuse to be a teacher!) so that might take a while. In the meantime I read SSSS, post comments, read books, draw things, sing songs, and watch an embarrassing amount of Korean dramas.

Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #473 on: February 27, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »
Hello all!

I've been meaning to join the forum for a while now, but I prefer to lurk, generally because... reasons. I really enjoy perusing the forums though so I figured I ought to at least introduce myself and stop lurking.

I'm a year older than Tuuri, I have a bachelor's degree in French and Spanish, I speak a little Italian, am learning Korean, and have recently added Finnish to my to-do list along with Japanese, Icelandic, Dutch, German and Russian just for fun ...I dream big. I call the pretty, pretty Pacific Northwest my home but I want to travel all over the world. I'm struggling to find a job though (because I refuse to be a teacher!) so that might take a while. In the meantime I read SSSS, post comments, read books, draw things, sing songs, and watch an embarrassing amount of Korean dramas.

Welcome!  You'll find a good number of French speakers (from France, Canada, and Belgium so far, plus learners like me) and a few Spanish speakers.  And given all the other languages you hope to learn for fun... you'll fit in just fine.  :D

I don't suppose you want to move down to the overcrowded S.F. Bay Area, do you?  I see a lot of jobs in writing/editing (my field) that require near-native fluency in one or more European languages as well as English.  (Chinese too, if anyone else reads this...)  I can make silly jokes in 2-3 languages and sing Hawaiian Christmas carols, but that's not exactly what they're looking for.

BTW, what inspired your forum name?  Are you a jazz fan?  If so, you'll find kindred spirits in the music threads.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »
Hi everyone!

So, I realized I haven't properly introduced myself yet, I kinda just jumped into everything. Figured it's time to fix that now that it's the dreaded chapter break!

I go by the name Windfighter on most sites I sign up, and I try to get people to just call me Windy, but I guess "Wind" is a kinda good name as well? Anyway, please call me Windy.

I'm a 26 year old girl living in the southern part of Sweden. I don't really speak english, but I like to think that I write it pretty well. I've also studied a bit spanish, but forgotten most of it. I'm fluent in swedish though!
I'm mostly a lurker, too shy to do anything else than peek at what you guys write, but I'm trying to be more active.

I started stalking Minna about halfway through aRTD so I've read SSSS since it first started. I also frequent a lot of other webcomics, but SSSS is by far my favorite which is why I've started delurking around the forum and the comment section.

What more can I tell you?
I enjoy writing, reading and watching anime. I still haven't written a fanfic for SSSS, but I'm working on that. I also recently learned how to make AMV's and continued my success with making two fanvids for SSSS.
Err... I'm out of ideas about what to write now, so if there's anything else you'd like to know about me feel free to ask!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
...I dream big. I call the pretty, pretty Pacific Northwest my home but I want to travel all over the world. I'm struggling to find a job though (because I refuse to be a teacher!) so that might take a while. In the meantime I read SSSS, post comments, read books, draw things, sing songs, and watch an embarrassing amount of Korean dramas.

Welcome, fellow PNWester! *longdistanceawkwardsidehug* No one will judge you for watching the Korean dramas.... at least, I can't, as I've watched several and am hesitant to admit it to the general public. >_>
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2015, 10:11:37 PM »
Welcome!  You'll find a good number of French speakers (from France, Canada, and Belgium so far, plus learners like me) and a few Spanish speakers.  And given all the other languages you hope to learn for fun... you'll fit in just fine.  :D

I don't suppose you want to move down to the overcrowded S.F. Bay Area, do you?  I see a lot of jobs in writing/editing (my field) that require near-native fluency in one or more European languages as well as English.  (Chinese too, if anyone else reads this...)  I can make silly jokes in 2-3 languages and sing Hawaiian Christmas carols, but that's not exactly what they're looking for.

BTW, what inspired your forum name?  Are you a jazz fan?  If so, you'll find kindred spirits in the music threads.

Haha I've been perusing through the language thread for the past hour or so. J'ai vu que vous parlez français trés bien   ;D It looks like the romance language thread is pretty much dead though... I may just post something anyways, just for kicks.

So where/how do you find these writing/editing jobs? I wouldn't mind living in S.F. It is, in fact the only city in California I could live in (the Oregonian is strong in me). It would be an adventure, that's for sure.

My forum name is something I made up when I was eleven for my email address. Back then I really hated having numbers in my username so it took me forever to come up with something. Eventually I started naming objects around the room, one of which was a book my grandma was reading called "White Jazz." That of course was taken so I typed in Blackjazz and the rest is history. :) It's got nothing to do with music but I did play the clarinet for seven years and was in choir for many, many years.

Welcome, fellow PNWester! *longdistanceawkwardsidehug* No one will judge you for watching the Korean dramas.... at least, I can't, as I've watched several and am hesitant to admit it to the general public. >_>

*returnsawkardsidehugcompletewithhighfive*

Yay! Another kdrama fan! What are your favorites?
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

MarthaFisker

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2015, 12:32:57 PM »
Hi I'm Martha, I'm from Germany and discovered this great comic(s) and the forum just, let's say, a week ago. :)
Well I like Pen and Paper games, and first I thought in the RPG thread I could join, but as far as I understood it's not ready to play... I love languages, even when I only speak german and english, and a bit spanish and french (but that's already a long time ago, so not so perfect). I want to learn some scandinavian languages and maybe finish ^^ What I definitely want to do is make a trip around scandinavia (or at least "normal" holiday in these countries). Maybe I can find people who want to come with me :D
Well I like to draw, but I never find the proper time to improve or upload anyhting. And I like all kinds of Metal, but I also listen to other music genres. Especially to musicals (as Lion king, phantom of the opera, Dance of the vampires, etc) and disney music :D so a happy colourful bunch of different things which not exclude each other.
So nothing more comes up my mind. Oh well I'm a really big Bioware fan (Dragon Age and Mass Effect). So and for everything else just ask me ^^

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
more or less: :spain:
tiny-winy: :france:
want to learn: too much!! :D

P__

« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
Welcome all those I haven't greeted yet ;D

Martha: as you noticed, SSSS: The RPG is still under (somewhat) active development, and in dire need of experienced contributors, so if you want to comment / suggest / invent / otherwise help, you'd be very welcome ;)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »
Hey, Kdrama fans (Peraphelion, Blackjazz, Auleliel, et al.):  Would you mind if I moved the 3 or 4 posts discussing Korean dramas to the TV/Movies thread?  As our Forum expands, I feel a greater need to keep threads on-topic so we don't scare off (future) newcomers.
Oops, sorry. I always seem to be off-topic. Yes, go ahead.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: