Author Topic: Forum Restructuring Plans  (Read 17114 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Forum Restructuring Plans
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2021, 10:47:36 PM »
You mean unarchiving everything? I'm not complaining, just curious. Also I think this process (total or partial) wouldn't have to be done in a hurry. We could focus first in the restructuring, and later began moving the archived threads to their new locations.

No not necessairly unarchiving everything, but at least moving them to archives that fit the context, so ssss related archived things will go to an ssss archive. Just to make it easier to find past memories. I've been wanting to do it for awhile but not had time.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2021, 07:15:11 AM »
I think I also like the third option best. I´m a big fan of an events-board and a roleplay-board too. I think if that doesn´t turn out too chaotic, all the events should go there. Since all the event-threads are only active during the event and locked afterwards, I don´t think there´s a high probability of active threads getting lost.

To the perssssona-board, I think this one could even be completely moved to the Roleplay-board. Basically all of the threads there are dedicated to current roleplay, past roleplay and writing characters and backstories that could theoretically be roleplayed with. I maybe saw once or twice that people used it to show off their characters for fan-fiction they´re writing, but that does seem to happen rarely. It is a nice preview sometimes though, so if people still want to do that, a new thread exclusively for it could be made in the Creative-board.

But I do think that all the threads in the perssssona-board are very intertwined (Like, one thread is for the characters themselves, the next for their dreamspaces and so on...), so I fear that moving them under a different topic with more threads might let things get lost. If there´s the possibility to move this board as a whole rather than seperating it, I think that would be the best option.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2021, 06:53:47 PM »
Yeah, also the perssssonas and OCs people have created are creative works in the first place! I agree that the entire perssssonas board could become the roleplaying board. Still, I vote for renaming it Role-playing (with or without -? I don’t know the correct spelling!) to make it easy to understand what it contains and also to welcome games about other universes, or original games.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 06:07:34 PM »
Way back when, the perssssona craze was sort of a worldbuilding & community bonding thing, where everybody jumped on the bandwagon of creating a 'sona of the type of person they would be in the SSSS universe.  (Point to research: is the index still live?)
Only then did people try to do stuff with them, such as fic and role-playing (I prefer hyphenating the word) to interact and explore the worldbuilding further.  Newer perssssonae (post-2016) have mostly been created for role-play.  Long intro to agree that the whole sub-board can morph seamlessly into a role-play board.

Edit - yes, I have the SSSSona info dump file still in my bookmarks, and it still goes there.  The maintainers of the file are long since gone from the fandom, though.  Let's see if this only works if you have specific permission?
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.g5940e7062_3_3
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:08:03 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »
Alright, the new structure has been set up, we ask that you be patient with us as we move some of the threads to their new homes. This could take a few days.

We ended up leaving out the childboards for original work and for recommendations for now since those boards do not have many posts yet. As they grow or as needed we will be able to add them though.

The archive has also changed, it has new categories to make old topics easier to find if you're looking for something, as well as to make requests to unarchive topics easier to make. We've also unarchived a few old topics related to the new boards to hopefully get some discussions going again. Don't feel bad about posting in threads that haven't been posted in for years. It's totally fine!

We'll keep this thread open for the rest of the summer at least to see how things are working, feel free to suggest things or mention what might not be working and we'll do our best to make it better. :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2021, 03:46:09 PM »
Hi everyone! :)

This seemed the thread most fit to ask...
I just realized that the events-board and with it the current chapter-break-special doesn´t show unless you´re logged in. I think I recall a conversation somewhere to keep older events visible for everyone so it´s easier to join in. Therefore: is it supposed to be this way? I might have overread something, but I´m just asking to be sure. ^^'

Butter good! :squirrelcookie:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2021, 09:51:08 PM »
Hi everyone! :)

This seemed the thread most fit to ask...
I just realized that the events-board and with it the current chapter-break-special doesn´t show unless you´re logged in. I think I recall a conversation somewhere to keep older events visible for everyone so it´s easier to join in. Therefore: is it supposed to be this way? I might have overread something, but I´m just asking to be sure. ^^'

Butter good! :squirrelcookie:

Yes, it's meant to be this way! Since the events board has a lot of older/previously archived boards, and archive stuff is generally not visible to guests, we decided it'd be best to hide it from that category in order to respect the people who've participated in events in years gone by (as we've got events going back nearly to the start of the forum) and might not be comfortable with that stuff being visible to the whole internet anymore. It does mean that guests can't see our current/ongoing events, which is a bit annoying, but we figured it's more important to have a cohesive events board for the forum users.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2021, 05:51:09 AM »
I think it's a good option, Keep
It brings up an idea. Shouldn't we have a welcome screen for guests?
A place where we explained what this Forum is and list the things that only registered users have access?

It would be nice, and an incentive for people to join.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2021, 04:34:19 PM »
Yes, it's meant to be this way! Since the events board has a lot of older/previously archived boards, and archive stuff is generally not visible to guests, we decided it'd be best to hide it from that category in order to respect the people who've participated in events in years gone by (as we've got events going back nearly to the start of the forum) and might not be comfortable with that stuff being visible to the whole internet anymore. It does mean that guests can't see our current/ongoing events, which is a bit annoying, but we figured it's more important to have a cohesive events board for the forum users.

Ok, thanks for clarifying! :)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 10:25:44 AM »
Hi folks! So in order to solve the issue of us needing to have older events hidden from guests for privacy reasons, but also wanting ongoing events to be accessible, we're making a child board of the events board for old events so we can open up ongoing and recent events to guest viewers (within the last three years).
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2021, 05:06:39 AM »
Hello,

I have now removed the "MOVED to XX board" threads, I hope the new structure is clear enough for everyone to find their threads!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.