Author Topic: SSSS Monopoly game  (Read 15145 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: SSSS Monopoly game
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »
As for the cards, my idea is that all events apply to anyone. So Mikkel can keep the Onni ex Machina card Lalli has to pay the Mage Academy fees and Reynir can have Grandma’s Rifle etc. In the case of the Summons from Cousin it can easily be changed to Summons from Family and anybody will to their own hometown, but in general I suggest the events are the same for everyone.

Yeah I think that´s the best option too. It´s kind of how I ment it I just phrased it weirdly…

I´m not sure about the mortgate rules. Maybe there needs to be some rule put in place to be able to emergency-save-yourself from bankruptcy, assuming that that would still be a way to lose permanently, alongside to dying. But I agree with you that these rules as they are don´t really fit into the story and goal of our Minnaopoly/Minnionopoly/SSSSopoly/The Game (uhm… I have no explanation for this collection of random names for the game right there... Except that I´m tired).
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »
Well, some things... such as playing as different characters. Or are we giving different skillsets and/or a nationality?
Such as... language barrier depends on the languages you speak... and where your token is. Then there's the similarity of Swedish/Norwegian/Danish to be considered. So you may need to solve it with a dice...

The Academy payment... Sigrun/Mikkel pay for Kitty's cat-training, Reynir attends the Academy, Lalli/Onni get lessons from some other Finnish mage, and Tuuri would be learning something else.
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2020, 07:29:52 AM »
The current idea is that any player may have any event happen to them, i.e. you go to dreamworld even if you are Sigrun and Mikkel can have Grandma’s Rifle. We were thinking about optional rules for characters, and the nationality / languages could be included with that.

Good of you to revive the thread! I have dropped the ball, I am supposed to (promised to, not made to) collect the rules into initial test set, but have failed to do so. Not by decision! Nw that I’ve been reminded, I’ll try to see to it.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2020, 08:40:50 AM »
Well, some things... such as playing as different characters. Or are we giving different skillsets and/or a nationality?
Such as... language barrier depends on the languages you speak... and where your token is. Then there's the similarity of Swedish/Norwegian/Danish to be considered. So you may need to solve it with a dice...

The Academy payment... Sigrun/Mikkel pay for Kitty's cat-training, Reynir attends the Academy, Lalli/Onni get lessons from some other Finnish mage, and Tuuri would be learning something else.
Hmm... Last time I put this idea forward, it's been deemed too difficult to balance. Let's see if you're luckier than me with this.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2020, 11:23:25 AM »
Ran, I haven’t been thinking about the rules for a long while, my earlier answer to you was provided better considered han this . If it was me :) After I wrote the reply I’ve been wondering whether it’s doable after all, as Tuuri has many languages and Lalli and Reynir only one and clearly it’s very easy to create an unbalance. Maybe just making Tuuri’s character rule special bonus about languages would be easier, something to that effect was probably suggested before.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2020, 11:58:47 AM »
Along with mages getting some permanent bonus due to seeing the spirits; while spells come with the potential coma.
I'm thinking maybe players have GROUPS rather than individuals -- or if you do plan on playing a role, then it's going to turn into a role-playing game.
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany: