Author Topic: SSSS Monopoly game  (Read 15151 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
SSSS Monopoly game
« on: February 27, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »
I'm not sure that this qualify as art... If you think it belongs to another thread please tell me.

Meanwhile here is the Monopoly SSSS Edition, inspired by page 235 on adventure 2. I hope you like it

Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: SSSS Monopoly game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »
Good, especially the Dream Duck, Kitty and the Grossling.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:54:41 PM »
Excellent work!

Some suggestions. Rename the properties to SSSS locations with Finland at the cheap end and Iceland at the high end (maybe have Borholm as the most expensive, because of tropical flowers and palm trees ;)). Change 'Jail' to 'Quarantine' (as already mentioned) and make the 'Get out of jail free' card 'Proof of Immunity Papers'. Replace the railways with the Sveavagen line, the Saimaa Canal and two other transport routes (any suggestions people?). Rename the power company and water company to the Oresund base and the Icelancic mage college.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 05:56:04 AM »
Excellent work!

Thanks! I love your suggestions, but I can't make them now. (real life...) But if I get some time on the weekend I may.

Meanwhile if anybody wishes to try please be welcome. I can send the .psd (photoshop) file with the layers by e-mail. Just tell me.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
Here's a starting attempt at a board layout. It needs a lot of work!

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
Here's a starting attempt at a board layout. It needs a lot of work!

Hey, that's great! And very well done! This way you will really make me redo the board (which is a good thing, but will imply a lot of work...)!

I'd only point that it seems to be too little Iceland and too much Denmark, and that the Mage Academy would fit better in the Iceland section. Problem is we have 5 nations and just 4 sides on the board, unless some crazy maniac that likes to play with photoshop (and, in this case, with some vectorial graphic program) decides to create a pentagonal board, which could be filled, in the center, with the Nordic Council symbol and/or images from each country...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 06:09:20 PM »
I see someones are getting carried away... it’s great!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 07:08:15 PM »
Hee, this is awesome!! I especially love the little dog grossling thing. Also, if you want to assign nations to squares but the pentagon-board idea is too much work, maybe doing it by population would make sense? or would the board be too dominated by Iceland
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 07:41:50 PM »
Hey, that's great! And very well done! This way you will really make me redo the board (which is a good thing, but will imply a lot of work...)!

I'd only point that it seems to be too little Iceland and too much Denmark, and that the Mage Academy would fit better in the Iceland section. Problem is we have 5 nations and just 4 sides on the board, unless some crazy maniac that likes to play with photoshop (and, in this case, with some vectorial graphic program) decides to create a pentagonal board, which could be filled, in the center, with the Nordic Council symbol and/or images from each country...

Yeah, I considered re-arranging the squares to place the academy in Iceland but for this version at least I decided to just rename things in place rather than start moving them around. Swapping "Import Fees" and the Academy could work, as could reassigning one of the Danish squares to Iceland.

A five sided board? Hmmmmm...  ^-^

I see someones are getting carried away... it’s great!

I know no other way to live!  ;D

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 07:46:22 PM »
Hee, this is awesome!! I especially love the little dog grossling thing. Also, if you want to assign nations to squares but the pentagon-board idea is too much work, maybe doing it by population would make sense? or would the board be too dominated by Iceland
Thanks! I'll see if I can do the pentagonal board, because it would make our version unique :-) Let's see if I can make it in a reasonable time... I can't spend the whole weekend on that, even if I'd love to ;-)
The Known World Map (page 66) points that Iceland has a pop. of 190.600, and all the rest 58.900. So we would have 3 sides of the board with Iceland... So maybe it's better to return to the pentagonal board.
I thought that on the Danish side we could add Kastrup and Kastellet, where you would be able to build in a place already fortified :-) When a player hit Kastrup (no building allowed) it would roll the dice. 3 or less would mean being attacked and losing a turn.  :-)

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 07:53:55 PM »
A five sided board? Hmmmmm...  ^-^

I know no other way to live!  ;D

I'll try to make the pentagonal board. How hard can it be?
(Like you, I don't know other way to live...)

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »
(Like you, I don't know other way to live...)
hey, wenn schon denn schon (translation: if you're gonna do something, go all out!)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 08:21:10 PM »
I was going to suggest putting this in the memes & edits thread, but this is now far beyond that, and is a legit work of art.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
If we're sticking with the traditional-ish layout a pentagonal board will need another "railway" and something special to go in the extra corner. The railways on my version are...

* The Saimaa Canal
* The Timber Carrier
* The Sveavagen Line
* The Tunfiskurrin

So maybe the Krabben Liner? The Oresund Bridge is another possibility, but I was going for transport systems that are still in use.

Another "Utility" (Oresund Base, Seithur Academy) could also be nice. Maybe the Cat Academy? There are branches everywhere except Finland.

No idea for the extra corner though!

I thought that on the Danish side we could add Kastrup and Kastellet, where you would be able to build in a place already fortified :-) When a player hit Kastrup (no building allowed) it would roll the dice. 3 or less would mean being attacked and losing a turn.  :-)

I like!

hey, wenn schon denn schon (translation: if you're gonna do something, go all out!)

I couldn't agree more!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 03:00:19 AM »
Has the Keuruu-Pori waterway been susggested yet?
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.