Author Topic: Fan exchanges elsewhere  (Read 10027 times)

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Fan exchanges elsewhere
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
Oh, nice find! There is something off with the link, so here's the fixed one: Mother's Day Exchange. They also have an LJ with nomination guidelines.

And Not Prime Time (for medium-sized fandoms) has opened nominations until April 15. This one is a little more complex in terms of eligibility guidelines - SSSS is in, unfortunately aRTD (108 fics) and CoH (...6 fics) are too small to qualify, but there's plenty of time to get in other fandoms that interest you, provided they qualify.
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:05:33 AM »
Oh, nice find! There is something off with the link, so here's the fixed one: Mother's Day Exchange. They also have an LJ with nomination guidelines.

And Not Prime Time (for medium-sized fandoms) has opened nominations until April 15. This one is a little more complex in terms of eligibility guidelines - SSSS is in, unfortunately aRTD (108 fics) and CoH (...6 fics) are too small to qualify, but there's plenty of time to get in other fandoms that interest you, provided they qualify.

Elleth, what's the theme of the Not Primetime exchange?  I can see what they want, but not why.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »
I'm... not totally sure, actually? I know that NPT started out as a second, off-season Yuletide-inspired event, and the requirements for that are number-based, too. One critique that often shows up for exchanges in general is that no one is interested in small fandoms and the megafandoms take all the spotlight, so the medium-sized requirement for NPT might just be to cater to those for a change...?

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »
I'm a bit blind, but I didn't find the FAQs for these, meaning I couldn't to figure out if these exchanges were write- only or art accepted. Help please?

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »
I'm a bit blind, but I didn't find the FAQs for these, meaning I couldn't to figure out if these exchanges were write- only or art accepted. Help please?

Not Prime Time and Mother's Day look to be fic-only, but Night on Fic Mountain has options for both fic and art in the signup form. Usually, if you can't find a FAQ for a specific exchange on their journal, check the respective profile page on AO3 - that has a FAQ section as well, and most mods seem to use it.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 05:01:07 PM »
Not Prime Time and Mother's Day look to be fic-only, but Night on Fic Mountain has options for both fic and art in the signup form. Usually, if you can't find a FAQ for a specific exchange on their journal, check the respective profile page on AO3 - that has a FAQ section as well, and most mods seem to use it.

Ah, thank you  :)

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
For the slash shippers, RareMaleSlash Exchange has nominations open currently. There's a good deal of SSSS and aRTD pairings, as well as some CoH and crossover pairings relevant to forum interest.

The tagset is here, there currently is no pairing from those fandoms that doesn't fulfil the eligibilty guidelines for rarity, even Emil/Lalli squeezed in by 50 fics or so. Nominations end on May 20, Signups open on May 23, requests and offers are 4-10 fandoms with 1-10 ships, for both fic and art, 1000 words or a complete piece of art for your request.

All the remaining info is here: https://raremaleslashex.dreamwidth.org/

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 12:12:28 AM »
For the slash shippers, RareMaleSlash Exchange has nominations open currently. There's a good deal of SSSS and aRTD pairings, as well as some CoH and crossover pairings relevant to forum interest.

The tagset is here, there currently is no pairing from those fandoms that doesn't fulfil the eligibilty guidelines for rarity, even Emil/Lalli squeezed in by 50 fics or so. Nominations end on May 20, Signups open on May 23, requests and offers are 4-10 fandoms with 1-10 ships, for both fic and art, 1000 words or a complete piece of art for your request.

I see a whole bunch of SSSS pairings under the 'Unassociated' set. Whomever put them under "SSSS" should probably revise them for Stand Still Stay Silent, or drop a message to the Exchange's mod(s) if you can't change them.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 05:06:41 AM »
That usually just means the mod has approved but not sorted them, they seem to be in the right place now. :)

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »

Signups for this one are ongoing until Saturday, there already are a bunch of SSSS and aRTD requests.

Also, for those of us who love female characters, EveryWoman currently has nominations open for both characters and groups:

everywoman.dreamwidth.org

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
Multifandom Drabble is open for signups until Saturday! It's a low-stress exchange for those little exactly-100-words snippets (or double/triple or series/sequences, you can specify that) with plenty of Minnaverse and Minnaverse crossovers to write for! The mod changed up the rules somewhat from last time, so you can specify whatever you want in the comment boxes - things you don't want, and things, characters or pairings that you do, your imagination is the limit!

It's super fun, this is one of my favourite exchanges of the year, and it'd be great to see someone else around there! 

https://multifandomdrabble.dreamwidth.org/

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »
Multifandom Drabble is open for signups until Saturday! It's a low-stress exchange for those little exactly-100-words snippets (or double/triple or series/sequences, you can specify that) with plenty of Minnaverse and Minnaverse crossovers to write for! The mod changed up the rules somewhat from last time, so you can specify whatever you want in the comment boxes - things you don't want, and things, characters or pairings that you do, your imagination is the limit!

It's super fun, this is one of my favourite exchanges of the year, and it'd be great to see someone else around there! 

https://multifandomdrabble.dreamwidth.org/

I'm here for this one!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 12:40:33 AM »
Tag sets are open for the Trick or Treat Exchange!  Art or fiction, trick (spooky) or treat (fluffy).
https://archiveofourown.org/tag_sets/2574  Dreamwidth: https://trickortreatex.dreamwidth.org/
Even if you don't really want to sign up, getting in at the tagset stage is important - each person can only contribute so many, and more contributions means more to choose from for those who sign up!
This exchange is apparently single-character tags, not relationships, and the word limit and finish quality of the art is a lower bar as well, so maybe this is a good one to start with if you haven't done an exchange before, or in a while.
Tagsets are nominated from now through 8 September, then sign-ups are open for 11-18 Sept.  Assignments due 24 October, works revealed on Hallowe'en. 

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 02:59:07 PM »
Thank you, I was just wondering about that one!

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2018, 04:04:40 PM »
Something of a last-minute thing because signups close soon for the Holiday Fluff Exchange; signups close at 11:59om EST tonight. For... pretty much what it says on the tin, fluffy holiday fics/art of 1,000 words or a finished piece of art are required as minimum.

https://holidayfluff-exchange.dreamwidth.org/

Go go go, don't leave me all alone - both aRTD and SSSS are in the tag set.