Author Topic: Reported bugs on CoH prototype  (Read 635 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: Reported bugs
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »
I think I may have just run into something. I left the shelter without speaking to anyone and got hit by an enemy spawn basically as soon as I exited. When this happened, I ended up with only the card part of the battle menu on a dark screen.
But how it happened was quite odd: I did briefly have the screen change from landscape view to battle view, but it happened along with the camera progressively moving toward the top right until the battle image was gone.

I just managed to reproduce this error as well, so it seems to be a system-wide bug.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kis

• Ugh?
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »
Have just experienced this bug by pausing the game while the screen was blackening before the battle. Sorry, wrong bug. So I paused the game when the battle was starting and got this: cards aren't given out, everything except charecters' icons at the bottom, places for cards, icons above them and card thingy in the center is darker. I could move my cursor but the game wasn't reacting to clicking and I had to close it. Maybe just a glitch
About the exp bug again: playing any non-bugged game helps (solved the bug on one bugged save, then moved to another and it wasn't bugged). Also, starting a new game and going to the fields is enough, you don't have to fight.
Edit: saving without having won a fight makes all your saves bugged
Edit[2]: so I suppose starting a new game and going to the fields makes all your saves unbugged (is it even a word)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:48:57 PM by Kis »
I hope I'm doing it right..
Native: :russia:
Enough to understand what's going on: :uk:
Learning: :sweden: (oh so cool)

Kis

• Ugh?
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »
Found another graphical error: the cliff near the squashed spider is broken and Sigrun can go through it (okay I'm just bored and need to pretend that I'm doing something usuful instead of running aimlessly and killing poor spiders)
Upd: I wonder if everything in this thread has been reported yet
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:07:36 AM by Kis »

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 03:48:36 AM »
Have just experienced this bug by pausing the game while the screen was blackening before the battle. Sorry, wrong bug. So I paused the game when the battle was starting and got this: cards aren't given out, everything except charecters' icons at the bottom, places for cards, icons above them and card thingy in the center is darker. I could move my cursor but the game wasn't reacting to clicking and I had to close it. Maybe just a glitch
About the exp bug again: playing any non-bugged game helps (solved the bug on one bugged save, then moved to another and it wasn't bugged). Also, starting a new game and going to the fields is enough, you don't have to fight.
Edit: saving without having won a fight makes all your saves bugged
Edit[2]: so I suppose starting a new game and going to the fields makes all your saves unbugged (is it even a word)

Thanks for the further testing ;) I'll check a last few things and update Minna on our findings.
edit3: the bug is resolved by *entering the snow fields*: saving in room1 and quitting does cause the bug too
Edit 4: now, the bug only disappears until the next time I close and re-open... not sure if it was already doing that.

I had the bug with the screen staying dark during battle (I think it's an overlay that didn't disappear), under the same circumstances but the cards did show up for me.

all these have been reported already, except the broken cliff (as far as I know): you should go ahead and do that (with a screencap of the place it happens if possible ;) )
edit: with the dark screen during battle bug, I reported it but didn't mention that the card weren't dealt, since it didn't happen to me :P so I guess you could mention it too

EDIT 2: Lazy8 and Grade E Cat, when the "first battle too soon" thing happened, did you also have a problem with the "Southern Ice Fields" text overlay not disappearing? It happened to me but I'm not sure if it's the same bug or a different one happening at the same time
Edit4: happened again, the text overlay is indeed present
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:41:32 AM by P__ »
:chap5: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book2: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book3: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap18: :chap17: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
EDIT 2: Lazy8 and Grade E Cat, when the "first battle too soon" thing happened, did you also have a problem with the "Southern Ice Fields" text overlay not disappearing? It happened to me but I'm not sure if it's the same bug or a different one happening at the same time

I didn't notice it, but it's entirely possible that that's just something I missed. I can test it again.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Grade E cat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 07:42:42 AM »

I unfortunately wasn't paying too much attention to that either. Since I'm playing this as a game of "dodge the enemy spawn" half the time, I was mostly helplessly looking at the nasty surprise when it happened.
Will keep my eyes out if play again anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:04:01 PM by Grade E cat »
Note to self: I live in France and go to bed early, I do NOT get time zone induced early updates
Native: :france:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :usa:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :spain:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :japan:
Tried, but gave up: :germany:

Kis

• Ugh?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »
Aaaaaand graphical error, now in the first room. The tube thing Emil sits behind. What's more, it turns out the background image for this room is not wide enough. Time for another report~
The bug when the battle starts too early (we should name it somehow, too many wooooords) happens when you try to move while the background is going down. Should investigate further
However, not sure if the text overlay is a part of this bug, that happened to me only once, other times there was just buggy camera movement
Edit: pressing the move buttons was the only thing that managed to provoke this bug (I mean several times in a row) but NOW it happens not every time I do that so probably a mistake don't pay attention
okay it stopped happening.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:52:11 AM by Kis »

TheDog

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:06 AM »
The Resolution setting is not saved after exiting the game.
I tried every possible way to apply it (before starting a new game; after; from save game menu; from main menu), but each time I reopen the game, the Unity splash screen is in the previously chosen resolution, then the main menu is displayed in the lowest resolution.

Configuration : Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Re: Save folder
If that might help anyone with their installation hack, my save folder is located in: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Hummingfluff Studio\City of Hunger\saves

P__

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »
The Resolution setting is not saved after exiting the game.
I tried every possible way to apply it (before starting a new game; after; from save game menu; from main menu), but each time I reopen the game, the Unity splash screen is in the previously chosen resolution, then the main menu is displayed in the lowest resolution.

Configuration : Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Re: Save folder
If that might help anyone with their installation hack, my save folder is located in: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Hummingfluff Studio\City of Hunger\saves
Not sure if the settings not being saved is a missing feature or a bug... I may check tomorrow, but is text speed saved or not?
And thanks for the tip on the save folder ;)

fairly-fast edit: I see from the newly discovered save folder that text speed is indeed saved, for each individual game. Resolution isn't in the file, so I guess it's just that it's not implemented yet (in a global save-file maybe). Might still be worth mentioning to Minna anyway. Have you done it, TheDog?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:57:19 PM by P__ »
:chap18: :chap17: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6:

P__

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 12:31:48 PM »
even with trying to move, I can't willingly replicate the fighting-upon-entering bug.

I'm now fooling around with the save file ;) Only rather tame experiments for now, but nothing was bugged yet (except that if you have everyone on team except Sigrun, you only fight with Lalli, Mikkel and Onni and not 4 characters*)
edit: and also Exp gets distributed oddly in some characters/level combinations*.

*edit2: should I mention these 2 things to Minna?
edut3: I guess the getting more/less Exp depends on a "participated in combat" value, which... is wonky but I don't know in which ways :p
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:58:43 PM by P__ »

Kis

• Ugh?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »
*edit2: should I mention these 2 things to Minna?

Weeeell I don't think Minna thought we would mess around with our saves so she is probably not expecting reports about things behind the scenes but you could mention them just in case
And the bug with battle is very interesting! With your combination of characters I fight with Reynir, Mikkel and Emil. Maybe it's somehow related to the non-existent (yet) choice of characters you want to fight with because everything is okay if you have 4 or less characters in party

Upd: I shouldn't have done that, but I have changed my location to the closed area and now I'm SO IMPRESSED AND ASHAMED AND WOW THAT ALREADY FEELS LIKE A GAME LIKE A PLOT I CAN'T EVEN im so guilty
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:32:12 PM by Kis »

Feartheviolas

• Hel
  • I only bite sometimes
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
Slightly off topic but... every time I see this thread show up I have the immediate reaction OHMYGOD THERE'S A BUG ON THE FORUM, MUST FIX and then I see that it's for City of Hunger and I calm down. XD

Carry on being awesome bug finders :D
yes: :canada: :france: :iceland: | somewhat: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: | the alphabet: :arableague:

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

P__

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 04:49:42 AM »
Upd: I shouldn't have done that, but I have changed my location to the closed area and now I'm SO IMPRESSED AND ASHAMED AND WOW THAT ALREADY FEELS LIKE A GAME LIKE A PLOT I CAN'T EVEN im so guilty
Wait? closed area! I tried to mess up with the position, but not much... do you mean there's something beyond the chasm?!

Slightly off topic but... every time I see this thread show up I have the immediate reaction OHMYGOD THERE'S A BUG ON THE FORUM, MUST FIX and then I see that it's for City of Hunger and I calm down. XD

Carry on being awesome bug finders :D
Updated the topic's title. Wouldn't want to risk you having a heart attack :3

Kis

• Ugh?
Re: Reported bugs on CoH prototype
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 05:03:39 AM »
Wait? closed area! I tried to mess up with the position, but not much... do you mean there's something beyond the chasm?!
YES! Not as much as it may seem after reading my screaming but definitely yes
I'll just leave it here
X: 140
Y: 6

Kis

• Ugh?
Re: Reported bugs on CoH prototype
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
So that's what we have: if you launch the game and play your save with more than 4 characters, in battle there will be only Sigrun if present and instant game over if not. After starting new game, going to the fields and going back to the said save, in battle there will be only original characters (for example, if you don't have Emil in your party, you will battle with Reynir, Mikkel and Sigrun). You can battle with Lalli or Onni only if you don't exceed the number of possible battle participants (i.e 4)