Author Topic: SSSS Fic ideas [general repository]  (Read 11940 times)

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
Re: SSSS Fic ideas [general repository]
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »
Okay, this is really more of a general sci-fi movie idea, but it could work in SSSS, and I want to get it down on figurative paper. I was inspired by the sci-fi miniseries Ascension on netflix, where the smartest people in the US are thrown in a ship on its way to Proxima Centauri to create a new civilization.

What if the rest of civilization haven't fallen? What if, the Rash and its effects on Scandinavia was just a controlled experiment? It's probably been done before, but I want to present a bit of a unique twist.
The experiment could start 6 months before Y0, with scandinavia being fed a bunch of false information regarding this mysterious new plague. Once this first step is completed to satisfactory fulfillment, step two commences: A biologically engineered plague, the Rash, is released in Denmark, and quickly spreads. But why? One possible explanation is that it was supposed to create a perfect society, where the nations band together for the greater good, or maybe to create superhuman abilities.

A possible story for this is that someone, like the cat-tank crew, discovers some kind of watchpoint close to the german border in denmark, and are faced with the leader of the experiment. In the spirit of conspiracies, let's call them "They" with a capital T
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 01:02:48 AM »
an Emil/Lalli fic based on/incorporating Bright Eyes' "First Day of my Life"
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 07:03:41 PM »
Re: Lalli stuck in Emil's head, looking out of Emil's eyes. 
Wouldn't it be fascinating if one of them was red-green colour-blind and never knew it until now?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

WeirdnessUnfolds

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 07:16:15 PM »
Anything with the ship spelled Emil/Sigrun.  There need to be more of those, I adore their dynamics.
Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Chapter break survivor : :chap19::chap20::chap21:

Virginiangoober

• Super-Newbie
  • Just a Goober living in Virginia
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »

I'm not sure if this would count, but here's a terrible crossover map I made. It's pretty much Parks & Recs, but set in the SSSS universe. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, credits to Reddit User u/madsmadsmadsmads for using their far superior map of Pawnee as a reference.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:03:16 PM by Virginiangoober »
Native: English (American)

Barely enough to get by: Greek, Swedish

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:48 PM »
https://imgur.com/6qZSeQX

I'm not sure if this would count, but here's a terrible crossover map I made. It's pretty much Parks & Recs, but set in the SSSS universe. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, credits to Reddit User u/madsmadsmadsmads for using their far superior map of Pawnee as a reference.

Hello and welcome!  Unfortunately, I can't see your image?  Imgur gives you a series of sharing links, try again using the BBCode one, which will allow it to be viewed directly in your message.  I'm not familiar with P&R (although I know it comes highly recommended), but would still like to see your map.

You may wish to have a gander at the Introduction Thread as well, and let us wave at you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:07:43 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 10:08:52 PM »

I love this idea! I recently finished watching Parks & Rec and was just today entertaining myself by imagining a crossover with ssss. The map looks very nice as well, I think
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 08:28:52 PM »
Emil adopts the NoToros and teaches them manners. Eventually they civilize the troll world. The Swan gets infinite headaches.
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »
That would be entertaining!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

euseevius

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »
Re: Lalli stuck in Emil's head, looking out of Emil's eyes. 
Wouldn't it be fascinating if one of them was red-green colour-blind and never knew it until now?
I'm necromancy-ing this thread bc here, have this. Couldn't shake this concept, so I wrote a tiny thing about it. I chose Emil to be the one who's red-green color-blind, because I felt like that could be possible since his education was what it was :D Lalli as a scout should have keen eyes, especially if he's going around in the forest picking berries and mushrooms and whatnot.
Yes: :finland: :uk: | Ehhhhh: :sweden: :germany:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »
Really enjoyable little story. I especially like the fact that Emil is staying composed and didn't understand till the end. It is difficult to imagine Lalli laughing, but it's a nice mental sight.
Great job !!

euseevius

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35:04 AM »
Thanks Kyara <3 And damn, you're absolutely right about this:

It is difficult to imagine Lalli laughing, but it's a nice mental sight.
This is exactly why practising with short silly drabbles like this one is a good idea, folks! Gets you more familiar with the characters.
Yes: :finland: :uk: | Ehhhhh: :sweden: :germany:

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 07:25:05 AM »
I'm necromancy-ing this thread bc here, have this. Couldn't shake this concept, so I wrote a tiny thing about it. I chose Emil to be the one who's red-green color-blind, because I felt like that could be possible since his education was what it was :D Lalli as a scout should have keen eyes, especially if he's going around in the forest picking berries and mushrooms and whatnot.

Remember, necromancers are wimps. Don't be like them.

In all honesty, though, the fic is great. I do, however, believe it belongs to the SSSS Scriptorium. Consider posting it there.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »
Fic idea / headcannon:

"Lalli has a beautiful singing voice. Emil loves to listen to Lalli's incantations even if he doesn't understand the meaning or the purpose of them."

or

"How Lalli ended up singing finnish lullabies to put Emil to sleep."
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Virginiangoober

• Super-Newbie
  • Just a Goober living in Virginia
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »
I’m thinking of doing fan art of survivors living in the American Mid-Atlantic (where I live) and started out with a draft map. Please let me know what you guys think.

https://imgur.com/ctCMV5w
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:15:02 AM by Virginiangoober »
Native: English (American)

Barely enough to get by: Greek, Swedish