About the Site > Troubleshooting Archive

login problems, instant time out (SOLVED)

(1/3) > >>

thorny:
Hi --

Starting last night and continuing through most of today I've been unable to log in to the forums; I tried at intervals, but kept getting a message telling me the session had timed out, although all I'd done was put info into the login boxes and immediately click enter.

Quitting browser didn't work; and I tried with both Chrome and Firefox -- both are old versions (I can't upgrade without buying a new computer, am using an old Mac OS). I was able to log in at least two other sites at which I need to use a login, so the problem may not be at my end, though they may be using different systems. I finally got logged in by attempting to reply to a private message -- I don't know whether the problem has fixed itself permanently, however, so will drop this here now while I've got the chance.

Edited to add: still have the problem, though I can still log in on the page that comes up if I click on the reply link in the private message email; and that does seem to log me in on the board as a whole. Fimbulvarg replied in the note-of-absence thread with another workaround, using the link in the board's toolbar instead of the login boxes at the top of page; I'll try that next time.

Junpaku:
I just had the same problem. I finally managed to login by going through the login page instead of using the login up top so I'm guessing that's the part that's broken?

thorny:

--- Quote from: thorny on June 04, 2017, 03:52:50 PM --- Fimbulvarg replied in the note-of-absence thread with another workaround, using the link in the board's toolbar instead of the login boxes at the top of page; I'll try that next time.

--- End quote ---

Forgot to update but yes, that works; although when I forget and try the old way that's continued not to work.

So anybody else having this problem: try the toolbar link (near the top of page, but not as obvious as the login box above it.)

CAMIR:
Just for the statistics I want to say I am experiencing this problem as well but the workaround works for me quite well. Never had problems afterwards because I keep permanently logged in.

Unlos:
I have the same problem on my pc, but am still logged in on my phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version