Author Topic: City of Hunger Speculation  (Read 2072 times)

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use what you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: City of Hunger Speculation
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »
Since protopype appears everyone started to talk more about the game and call it CoH for short

And everytime i see it, it makes me laught because in russian the word 'сон' (that's actually reads as 'saun') meand 'dream'. Kind of funny (if to remember about our mages also), isn't it?
... I didn't notice this until now! and how we gonna call the game? гг?
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
diligently learn : :iceland: , :finland:
one day : :poland: (ง'̀-'́)ง

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :chap17:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Kis

• Ugh?
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
... I didn't notice this until now! and how we gonna call the game? гг?

Yes! I like it! I always call SSSS "ЗЗ" and "ГГ" fits so well now :) but still don't know if it would be better translated as "Голодный город" or "Город голода" (sounds crappy so probably the first but the first sounds kinda like hunger games) i'm so sorry for talking about russian in this thread
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:40:47 PM by Kis »
I hope I'm doing it right..
Native: :russia:
Enough to understand what's going on: :uk:
Learning: :sweden: (oh so cool)

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »
Yes! I like it! I always call SSSS "ЗЗ" and "ГГ" fits so well now :) but still don't know if it would be better translated as "Голодный город" or "Город голода" (sounds crappy so probably the first but the first sounds kinda like hunger games) i'm so sorry for talking about russian in this thread

once I occasionally wrote голод города instead of город голода well... with adjective is better I guess
Because the hunger games began in original SSSS with 13th chapter anyway...

Also Minna liked this https://twitter.com/s_l_geiyin/status/823956067260448768 so... I don't know xd
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use what you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »
Yes! I like it! I always call SSSS "ЗЗ"
we with friends reduce to "4С" х)

Well, about CoH... СЛОЖНОВАТО.
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
diligently learn : :iceland: , :finland:
one day : :poland: (ง'̀-'́)ง

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :chap17:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

JoB

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2017, 11:29:07 AM »
and how we gonna call the game? гг?
Well, it's called "City of Hunger". We shall not call it anything with our feeble mouths but with the mighty growls of our stomachs! ;)
native: :germany:secondary: :usa: :france:
:artd: :book1+::book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
Since protopype appears everyone started to talk more about the game and call it CoH for short

And everytime i see it, it makes me laught because in russian the word 'сон' (that's actually reads as 'saun') meand 'dream'. Kind of funny (if to remember about our mages also), isn't it?

Very fitting!
Languages: native: :norway: fluent: :uk: understand and speak some: :spain: remnants: :france:
:artd: :book1+: :book2::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 11:35:44 AM »
Well, we've been told that this world "exports crime lords".

This basically means we have an interstellar civilization around here, not just an isolated colony? (forgive me if the question is stupid, still not tested the demo yet...)

JoB

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »
This basically means we have an interstellar civilization around here, not just an isolated colony? (forgive me if the question is stupid, still not tested the demo yet...)
The current demo does not contain any backstory beyond a hint at a recent earthquake. But yes, from the info that this world has effectively only one habitable region yet "exports crime lords", I'ld expect interstellar travel. Interstellar travel beyond the amount that anyone not wanting crime lord import to happen could put under effective control, even.
native: :germany:secondary: :usa: :france:
:artd: :book1+::book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
The current demo does not contain any backstory beyond a hint at a recent earthquake. But yes, from the info that this world has effectively only one habitable region yet "exports crime lords", I'ld expect interstellar travel. Interstellar travel beyond the amount that anyone not wanting crime lord import to happen could put under effective control, even.

Yeah, it is pretty sensless for crime lord to "export" himself, if the only avaliable interstellar transport is a relativistic rocket, or even "sleeper"/generational slowship.

So, there are interstellar civilization, interstellar communications are fast, readily avaliable and there isn't any single unified government around (otherwise they would stomp the abovementioned activity). Hm... looks like classic space opera, huh?