Author Topic: City of Hunger Speculation  (Read 2073 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: City of Hunger Speculation
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 07:54:39 AM »
I don't know why this issue is even up for debate. Because this "planet" we're talking about is obviously Iceland. :P
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

JoB

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »
Because this "planet" we're talking about is obviously Iceland. :P
Behold: Iceland, Viðey, and Tunglfiskur. >:D

native: :germany:secondary: :usa: :france:
:artd: :book1+::book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JacobThomsen

• Ranger
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 12:55:07 AM »
I wonder who would win in a fight, these new insectoid-beasts of the trolls and giants from SSSS
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Understand: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

JoB

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »
I wonder who would win in a fight, these new insectoid-beasts of the trolls and giants from SSSS
That depends a lot on the details, these two in particular:
  • Can the grosslings infect the insectoids?
  • Are the insectoids - size-wise on par with trolls but no match to giants - social, as in, do they form swarms/packs?
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Róisín

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
Social....now that's a very good question.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

XanaduTrigger

• Not even gonna try
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
That would be terrifying
Fluent- :england: :spain: :canada:
Loathing Those who do speak it- :sweden: :norway: :iceland: :finland: :netherlands: :japan: :portugal:

Sir.Orc

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 12:50:06 AM »
The rash can only infect mammals, so the aliens would probably be safe.
In raw combat terms I'd say the aliens have an advantage, their bigger and stronger than humans and would be immune, but there is something clearly supernatural going on with the Rash and trolls, beasts, and giants. That would need to be factored in.

My theory is that Tuuri isn't in the game thus far because, in a reversal of the situation in SSSS, Onni shoved her on the first ship out of there and now she's on another planet entirely.
The world's gone mad, Oh yes it's true
But I care not, for I'm mad too!

JoB

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
My theory is that Tuuri isn't in the game thus far because, in a reversal of the situation in SSSS, Onni shoved her on the first ship out of there and now she's on another planet entirely.
Game's mission statement: "Commandeer a spacecraft, force your anxiety-issues-riddled client to board it, and rescue his sister, stranded on planet Tuuranus."

Sir.Orc

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »
I do wonder how anxious he would be in this game.
A lot of his fears in SSSS have to do with the rash, the state if left the world, his and his sister's vulnerability to it, and the awareness his mage powers give him of all sorts of horrifying things.

Without the rash, he'd probably be less terrified of everything, but without magic, he'd also have a lot less power.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »
Here I go throwing hand grenades into our blithe speculations again...
I do wonder how anxious he would be in this game.
A lot of his fears in SSSS have to do with the rash, the state if left the world, his and his sister's vulnerability to it, and the awareness his mage powers give him of all sorts of horrifying things.

Without the rash, he'd probably be less terrified of everything, but without magic, he'd also have a lot less power.
What if there is no Onni in City of Hunger?

Does Tuuri being in the game inevitably mean Onni will appear or even be mentioned?

This being its own continuity, absolutely everything is up in the air so far; people have even wondered if Tuuri will be in the game, to say nothing of Onni.

Sir.Orc

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 01:28:33 PM »
In the early demo Minna posted, someone who looks like Onni from behind is standing next to Lalli in line when Emil talks to him. So he does at least appear in the game, though his role still isn't defined. I think Job is on the right track with a slight adjustment:
Game's mission statement: "Commandeer a spacecraft, force hunt down and hog-tie your anxiety-issues-riddled client to and drag him aboard it, and rescue his sister, stranded on planet Tuuranus.

I wonder if Torbjorn and the rest of the support crew will appear.

JoB

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 01:13:45 PM »
I wonder if Torbjorn and the rest of the support crew will appear.
That would have interesting side effects on the spacecraft available to the player.

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »
Eeeeeek! Finally Emil complite concept! I was waiting for that one for so long!
(and now i don't have any time to sew unfortunately, meh)

So it's only Tuuri who wasn't still presented... Such a mysterious twist it should be
Nice work, Minna!
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/She/Her
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »
Props to a guy in the comment section on page 750 for pointing this out. Ilja, I think their name was.
Tuuri is so far the only character from SSSS that hasn't been in CoH concept art, as has been discussed earlier. Now, Tuuri is the first (and hopefully last) main character death. Could these be related? Either because she doesn't appear due to being dead in the Canon Universe, or because she will die in CoH, possibly early on as a driving factor for the story.
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

MR_PLINKETT

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »
Props to a guy in the comment section on page 750 for pointing this out. Ilja, I think their name was.
Tuuri is so far the only character from SSSS that hasn't been in CoH concept art, as has been discussed earlier. Now, Tuuri is the first (and hopefully last) main character death. Could these be related? Either because she doesn't appear due to being dead in the Canon Universe, or because she will die in CoH, possibly early on as a driving factor for the story.

I got bored and I zoomed in on the menu screen that she has. It looks like there is only 5 people on the screen.  http://imgur.com/a/q9rPi

Maybe tuuri is one of the last people you pick up in the game. There have been shown to be 6 character spots. Maybe she got lost. She has shown to be without onni and lalli.
I'm a survivor, we're a dying breed: :chap18: :chap17:  :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :chap5:  To lazy to go find the aRTD reader one but eh.