Author Topic: Server Migration III: Insert Clever Subtitle (SOLVED)  (Read 2610 times)

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
Server Migration III: Insert Clever Subtitle (SOLVED)
« on: July 08, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »
Denizens of the forum, a technical announcement:

At 10PM MST tonight, we will be moving the forum to a new server. This is happening for many reasons, including life changes on my part, and my personal unhappiness with the current server. The new server should have better overall uptime, and be more stable in general. This should be the last migration we go through for a good long time!

Those of you who were around for the previous migrations will probably remember the drill. When the time for the migration comes, I will lock down the forum in order to make sure that nobody loses any posts; when you come to the forum, you won't be able to log in or post, and you'll see a message explaining what's going on. Then I'll point the domain name to the new server.

IMPORTANT: When the server switches over for you will depend on your internet service provider, since each provider needs to see and acknowledge the change individually. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to a day or more in rare cases. You will know that the switch over has finished for you when you see the forum again and are able to log in!

Finally, the forum as it stands on the new server is here:

https://temp.ssssforum.com/index.php

We are not making many technical changes during this migration, so there shouldn't be much difference from the current forum; nevertheless, feel free to go there and test it out, and let me know in this thread if you find any bugs. Keep in mind, that link will no longer work after the migration begins.

If you have any questions or concerns, this is the place to air them, so let me know!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:48:11 PM by Feartheviolas »

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
Re: Server Migration III: Insert Clever Subtitle
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »
The migration has been accomplished.

If you're seeing this message that means you're good to go! But as always, let me know if you see any problems. Your bug reports help me make sure that everything transferred over okay!

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:23:49 AM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with this server migration, but I  just needed to log in again and the login page just kept throwing me with "incorrect password",  I got frustrated and went back to main page and was logged in. Don't know what happened.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:48:56 AM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with this server migration, but I  just needed to log in again and the login page just kept throwing me with "incorrect password",  I got frustrated and went back to main page and was logged in. Don't know what happened.

Have you tried deleting your cookies? Sometimes that helps. If it continues I'm afraid Eri, Vi and hush can provide you with a better solution. Good luck!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »

Might or might not be related, but good to know just in case! I'm not able to replicate this one though (going to https://ssssforum.com/index.php?action=login and logging in works for me). Do you think you could try to make it happen again, like by logging out and then in again at the login page?

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 03:25:54 AM »
Might or might not be related, but good to know just in case! I'm not able to replicate this one though (going to https://ssssforum.com/index.php?action=login and logging in works for me). Do you think you could try to make it happen again, like by logging out and then in again at the login page?
Could not replicate it either now after logout. Perhaps it was a cookie issue, or something.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 07:24:08 PM »
Might or might not be related
Rather not, I'ld say. Maybe once month, when I go to the forum (bookmark straight to ...?action=unread) and my Firefox auto-fills user+pass for me, I click to submit and the login page tells me that I got a wrong password. Re-click submit (user+pass again auto-filled) as often as I want, same result. Reload the page, then click "submit", presto, logged in normally.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15