Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146589 times)

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #390 on: August 20, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
I KNOW IT GOT MENTIONED A FEW PAGES BACK BUT OK.....BASTI.O..N....
i played the pc version of the game like 2 years ago but since then there have been complications with my new computer and i cant get steam downloaded to play it SO i downloaded the mobile app and i......completely forgot.........how much i love this game oh god oh my god i want to cry its still so beautiful and the soundtrack is fabulous and honestly i keep mucking around in different zones just to keep listening to it (I STOOD AROUND ZIA FOR LIKE AN HOUR JUST LISTENING TO THE SONG BYEEEE MY HEART) anD I JUST.....MY LOVE HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REKINDLED SOMEONE PLEASE TALK ABOUT BASTION WITH ME I LOVE IT SO MUC H......im gonna cry at the end again i cried the first time (what ending did u guys pick the first time) (i kept the battering ram) (because i am merciless NEVER FORGIVE AND NEVER FORGET)
its only 5 bucks i nthe app store everyone do urself a favor and play bastion please its a beautiful masterpiece of a game and i love it. i love it i love it i love it

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #391 on: August 20, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »
BASTI.O..N....

I... haven't played Bastion fully yet...
*Bwaah of betrayal*
But I have played Transistor!
*Meep of partial forgiveness*

You should try Transistor! Also by Supergiant, positively the best thing that ever was gifted to me, I also cried, I want a sequel, a spinoff, something, aaargh that company is the best ever.
Also! All their songs, from both games, are on Spotify. Yooo. I listen to the soundtracks of both on a regular basis.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #392 on: August 20, 2015, 04:45:59 PM »
*Bwaah of betrayal*

You should try Transistor! Also by Supergiant, positively the best thing that ever was gifted to me, I also cried, I want a sequel, a spinoff, something, aaargh that company is the best ever.
Also! All their songs, from both games, are on Spotify. Yooo. I listen to the soundtracks of both on a regular basis.

Aaaah, I have a friend who cosplays Transistor and she constantly tells me to play it but alas, I spend my time drawing, not playing video games :____3c Bastion looks super cool too thought?? Send help, I found where I'm spending my money next ahah
YEET

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #393 on: August 20, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »
*Bwaah of betrayal*

listen im not mad im just disappointed /hit
yOU SHOULD REALLY FINISH IT WHENEVER YOU GET A CHANCE TO!! its so good the end is so good i will yell forever
AHA i was SUPER PSYCHED ABOUT TRANSISTOR when the trailer came out i wouldnt shut up about it for days BUT I HAVENT PLAYED IT.....i didnt really like the look of the gameplay?? so i was never super bent on buying it - how is it?!!? i usually enjoy more open battle systems like bastion, or kingdom hearts, over turn based/strategy based......it looks gorgeous though and i must have watched the trailer like 30 times. I LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK ALL THE TIME theres playlists and full videos of the soundtracks......my lifeblood i love love love so much

also @curry i already yelled on skype but hONESTLY even the iphone app is like....so worth it and so cheap??!?! u can have a teeny bastion in ur pocket and cry about it WHENEVER YOU WANT LIKE I DO

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #394 on: August 20, 2015, 09:36:57 PM »
Does anyone like Animal Crossing and is excited for Happy Home Designer? It looks like a portable version of the house-decorating portion of the Sims to me (which I am ridiculously excited for). Cute furniture, animal villagers, adorable clothes-what more could you want? I am not too happy about having to buy that connector thing since I don't have a new 3DS, but hopefully it'll work fine. *electronics have a habit of conking out dead in my house*
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
  • Preferred pronouns: He, Him, His.
« Reply #395 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »
I am gettign hyped for xcom 2. The whole scenario is right up my alley, and it looks like the gameplay is going to be good.
Call me OMO, the wise ones do.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #396 on: August 24, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »
Hey everyone, we've got a starbound server now!
It requires Hamachi, but we've already got some people interested in playing.  If anyone else wants to join, just say so here, and I can post or PM the Hamachi info you'll need to connect.  Also, because it uses Hamachi, we'll need to schedule times to play, cause I'm just using my laptop for this.  :P
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #397 on: August 24, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
So, like practically everyone on the chat knows already, I received a copy of Hatoful Boyfriend from a friend a few days ago.

It. Is. BRILLIANT.

Sure, it's a game about dating pigeons. Sure, it's ridiculous. But... oooh this thing. This thing.

If you ever play it, stick with it and play all endings. Then play the last ending.

To quote a Steam review: "Came for cute pigeon dating. Ended up with an emotional trauma."

Spoiler: and this is the real reason why it is so great • show
Also there is a pudding apocalypse.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
listen im not mad im just disappointed /hit
yOU SHOULD REALLY FINISH IT WHENEVER YOU GET A CHANCE TO!! its so good the end is so good i will yell forever
AHA i was SUPER PSYCHED ABOUT TRANSISTOR when the trailer came out i wouldnt shut up about it for days BUT I HAVENT PLAYED IT.....i didnt really like the look of the gameplay?? so i was never super bent on buying it - how is it?!!? i usually enjoy more open battle systems like bastion, or kingdom hearts, over turn based/strategy based......it looks gorgeous though and i must have watched the trailer like 30 times. I LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK ALL THE TIME theres playlists and full videos of the soundtracks......my lifeblood i love love love so much

also @curry i already yelled on skype but hONESTLY even the iphone app is like....so worth it and so cheap??!?! u can have a teeny bastion in ur pocket and cry about it WHENEVER YOU WANT LIKE I DO
*Bwaah of betrayal*

Crap. I missed the chance to fanboy on supergiant games... *slams coffee down* I'MMA DO IT ANYWAY!
Concerning the gameplay aspect of Transistor, don't be afraid Calli. Although I take great joy in meticulously planning out Turns and skillsets, the real thrill of combat comes after the Turn ends. Your recharge gauge ramps up slowly, and you have to fix skills so they won't be off cooldown to survive. You fight, run, or hide till the charge is up again. It's like running up to cliff, stopping on the very edge to throw a rock off, and running back before doing it again. It's a rush. Also, no judgement Adria. I have a backlog of videa games as big as my arm.

On I side note, so much hype. MGSV, XCOM2, FF15, I can't even play half of them and I'm still stoked. Need a next gen. console or a better computer. Don't care, too hyped!

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
Hey everyone, we've got a starbound server now!

Oooh oooh ooh! Pick me! It's been a long time, and I've never really gotten far in the game, but I love Starbound  :D

Also, Callipygous, agreed with Everett that Transistor is far less Turn-based than hybrid-action-tension-awesome. Really what I use Turn() for is to set up combos and prepare my enemies for swift doom by explosive, but it's just as fun to play mostly without (though that is far more difficult).
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »
I'm back on this forum after spending the past days playing Metal Gear Solid V to completion.

All I can say it that it's good.

earthdragonboyscout

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #401 on: September 06, 2015, 02:19:30 AM »
Ooooo the thread I get to talk video games! I played Transistor, it was good, but the gameplay was simply too much for me. It didn't help that my friend was yelling over my shoulders about how I was doing it wrong. I prefer turn based rpgs, like pokemon, bravely default, and i make a rare exception of Fire Emblem. Logic games are cool, as long as they don't stress me out. I know what kind of gamer I am and I like to have fun.
Languages:
Somehow remember bits and pieces: :france:
I took it, but was never any good: :spain:
Would like to learn: :denmark: (please, i want to talk to my cousins, they only speak danish)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
So the Mad Max game we talked about is finally out (the review scores are okay-ish), and the Icelandic gamer duo BirgirPall have tested it out. The results are well worth watching (warning: some swearing and violence).

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #403 on: September 18, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
I couldn't think of any other place to put this because it's weirdly miscellaneous (video game clothing art???), SO HERE IT IS.

I've made some Animal Crossing New Leaf clothing patterns from the comic!

There's a long and short version... both are as accurate as I could get it given ACNL's weirdly functioning clothing design system and the tiny tiny TINY size you get for working on. The "coat" is actually a dress but it should work on male characters also.
Here they are modeled by my mayor (with bonus Weird Ugly Moose)

QR codes under the spoiler!

Spoiler: Silent World Coat • show

Spoiler: Silent World Jacket • show

If anyone wants other clothes made, let me know and I'll see what I can do :3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #404 on: September 18, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »
Cuuute! It's nice to see how it finally turned out!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: