Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146555 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #315 on: June 15, 2015, 06:42:49 PM »
Am I the only one who's excited about a new DOOM and Fallout 4?

Also, I don't know if any of you saw EA's E3 conference, but most of it was horrendous, apart from this super-cool (and obviously very scripted) Battlefront video:
(please note that Luke is the worst Jedi in existence and in no way should be considered cool)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »
Same here, I was literally squeaking a little to myself when her name was said aloud. I wasn't entirely surprised though because I was always thinking it would be such a perfect idea, but at the same time I was fearing that like with all perfect ideas that one might not come to be at all. But it did and I've been happy all day!
As soon as I saw the lady-hands I was like, "Oh please tell me that's who I think it is."
Also made some noises when I saw Fallout's new shelter building thingy!

And also, LAST GUARDIAN. FINALLY.  And a FF7 HD remake!  And Dark Souls 3!  And Xbox decided to start reverse compatibility (so PlayStation has to now, as well)!  This is going to be a very, very good year for video games.  Can't wait to see what else is unveiled when I get home from work today!  :D
Feel free to PM.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »
I don't know if anyone's been that bothered about E3 this year, but I'm actually excited for once. Sure, not too many new IPs, but Nintendo are making a new Zelda, new Mario, new *STAR FOX*, etc etc, Just Cause 3 looks hella-great as does Battlefront... Gaaah.
New PC, though, or my laptop genuinely will melt into a puddle.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:08 PM »
Nintendo's conference was very, very disappointing.

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
Instead of preparing for my exams, I'm replaying obscure stuff I used to play when I was 6 years old...  :(
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2015, 02:19:30 PM »
Instead of preparing for my exams, I'm replaying obscure stuff I used to play when I was 6 years old...  :(
O________________O
I USED TO PLAY THAT GAME TOO
I forgot all about it but now I REMEMBER OH MY GOD THANK YOU.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Tap10lan

« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »
Cool, so I'm not the only one who really really wants to get the new Pokemon games.  I cannot wait to get me a 3ds and start playing those.  The ones I'm waiting for right now are final fantasy 15, Little Big Planet 3 (!!!), and... Can't think of anything else cause I'm rushing out the door, but lots of things. This will be a tough year on my wallet.
Oho, so you play on PS?! I have both PS3 and PS4 (well, there's a PS2 somewhere, too, but ...).
If you ever need/want someone to play with, I have the same nick there, as here! :D
Currently I'm playing annoyingly much Destiny. Finally, they're changing it so you don't need to grind AS MUCH, and there's at least a bit more content now ...
Too bad the people I usually play with have left by now.
Foresty fanboy

Know it
:sweden: :uk: / :usa: (Mid-Atlantic ;D ) :germany:
Sort of
:finland: :croatia: (old)
Manage
:norway: :denmark:
Basically forgotten
:france:
Enjoy guessing
:italy:

:book1+: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7:

Tap10lan

« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2015, 02:31:02 PM »
Most times its just Age of Empires II or I. My laptop doesn't support anything new. When works leaves time I try to get old games working with the help of Dos-Emulator. As I'm far away from blessed with programming skills this is kinda tough for me. When everything is set up, I will work on Maniac Mansion Part II and The Elder scrolls Arena ;).
Humble bundle's running a weekly with classic games (some nice Sid Meier games such as OLD Colonization (still have my t-shirt!) and Pirates!)!!!
Foresty fanboy

Know it
Sort of
Manage
Basically forgotten
Enjoy guessing

Tap10lan

« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
Pokemon Y is still fun. Might try breeding up a team.
Can't connect a 3ds to my university's WiFi, though :(

My roommate is playing The Last of Us for the first time.  I think he's new to the stealth thing.
Yeah, I liked how many ways you could play The Last of Us, although when you play on Survivor, you pretty much HAVE to sneak as much as possible. (I ignored the existence of the "Grounded" difficulty level ("Supplies are next to non-existent. Listen Mode is disabled. All enemies do triple damage. The HUD is disabled. Enemy AI is extremely sharp; more so than survivor. Multiple mid-combat and mid-stealth checkpoints have been removed."))
Also, I agree the multiplayer is excellent. Sadly, it started turning into pay-to-win, with the added guns.
Foresty fanboy

Know it
Sort of
Manage
Basically forgotten
Enjoy guessing

Tap10lan

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »
TPS, man.  I actually prefer 3rd person, because I can see my character doing stuff.  :D
That's also part of why I went with a PS4.  I'm not a big FPS fan, but I do like the runny-jumpy-swingy-happy games that PlayStation likes to put out every now and then, as well as the other stuff like inFamous and super cool stuff like this.

Also, AC Unity is doing... this?  Link.  Looks interesting, at least.
Time anomalies? Cool, that's the best I've seen so far about Unity. UGH, I have to start in on AC3 now ...
The only good thing about this is that with the stacks of games waiting, the prices get low by the time I get to the later games in series.
Foresty fanboy

Know it
Sort of
Manage
Basically forgotten
Enjoy guessing

Grotox

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2015, 01:14:09 PM »
Am I the only one who's excited about a new DOOM and Fallout 4?
I can't believe they brought back a level editor for Doom. It makes sense given how much Bethesda pushes for mods but that was an exciting announcement for me. Fallout 4 looks very promising but they promised a lot with Oblivion and it just ended in disappointment.

Also, I don't know if any of you saw EA's E3 conference, but most of it was horrendous, apart from this super-cool (and obviously very scripted) Battlefront video:
Spoiler: show
(I cannot abide you insulting a true hero)
EA and Ubisoft are masters of the E3 fumble, at least one of them looks terrible at every E3.

Tap10lan

« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »
It's time.  I've just bought Dark Souls. 
Tomorrow:  Dark Souls 2.  Then: the world. 
I'm spending so much money this week.  :'(

Also, old, but it always makes me laugh at this time of year. 
Spoiler: show

OK, your sale trailer may have forced me to buy the Complete XCOM package (well, in conjunction with the fact that XCOM 2 is PC exclusive). I have the previous Firaxis iterations for PS3, but what can you do. (I have the classic XCOM games via Steam, so it's not as if it's a first.)
Still, a bit annoying. It is money, after all, even if they do have the sale. ;)
Foresty fanboy

Know it
Sort of
Manage
Basically forgotten
Enjoy guessing

Tap10lan

« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
Has anyone played the Multiplayer in Firaxis XCOM games? I just watched some youtube footage of it, and it looks sort of fun.
Foresty fanboy

Know it
Sort of
Manage
Basically forgotten
Enjoy guessing

meshebe

• Ranger
  • altruistic idiot
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
(please note that Luke is the worst Jedi in existence and in no way should be considered cool)

OH DEAR LORD that looks amazing :D

On a completely different note, I've currently been addicted to Civilization V.  please tell me I'm not the only one... P:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01:

Avatar made by the most awesome Tap.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »
Has anyone played the Multiplayer in Firaxis XCOM games? I just watched some youtube footage of it, and it looks sort of fun.

Yeah. It's fun, but not good for you if you are competitive and have a low tolerance for nonsense game mechanics (like snipers shooting through walls and gunners refusing to target enemies in plain sight).