Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146675 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
Spyro the Dragon was a Playstation 1 game, released in the late 90s - though there were obviously later titles.
Well, I never said I played the original; most of the later ones, yes.
Actually, I did play the original: an after-school club in my primary school had an old PS1 that of course had Spyro.
Ah, nostalgia.

Fenris

« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »
I guess Fallout 4 might be good (hopefully Bethesda takes some pages from Obsidian's book there). I was disappointed by Fallout 3, but Fallout New Vegas wa sa pleasant experience... then again, it had a different development team. Fallout 2 remains my favorite in the series overall (while F1 had a more coherent world and plot, F2 was just larger I guess, and the first fallout game I played).

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »
Fallout: New Vegas is a really good game, mainly because, as said, Obisidian made it. Obsidian has made some great games in the past (looking at you, KotOR II) but they've somehow been cursed with short development time...

Bonus since they we're composed of ex-Black Isle employees (the guys who made the original Fallout games)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2015, 03:52:13 AM »
(looking at you, KotOR II)

Hey now, KotOR I was great too. Maybe not as great, but still.

Now if they'd only stop making f2p tank games and make a third one that would be kinda great.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »
Hey now, KotOR I was great too. Maybe not as great, but still.

Now if they'd only stop making f2p tank games and make a third one that would be kinda great.

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved KotOR I too, but KotOR II is my fav Star Wars game of all time, followed tightly by Battlefront II and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Although KotOR I was made by Bioware who currently runs The Old Republic. I agree, I want them to create a third in the series, I felt like they more or less butchered the established lore with the MMO :(

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:13 AM »
Oh don't get me wrong, I loved KotOR I too, but KotOR II is my fav Star Wars game of all time, followed tightly by Battlefront II and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Although KotOR I was made by Bioware who currently runs The Old Republic. I agree, I want them to create a third in the series, I felt like they more or less butchered the established lore with the MMO :(
I bought the Old Republic *one day* before it went F2P, like, two years ago.
-cries in the corner somewhere-
It's actually a pretty good MMO if you ignore all the story issues, so I might reinstall it sometime.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
Oh yeah, I've been playing it with a friend recently. It's decent, sure, but the mess of a lore is still bothering me.

Grotox

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »
I'm excited for Fallout 4 but I think Bethesda has something else up their sleeve. You usually don't have an E3 press conference for a single game.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »
Oh boy, the Steam sale has begun! I'm getting my paycheck over the weekend so this'll be good

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2015, 01:49:20 PM »
Oh boy, the Steam sale has begun! I'm getting my paycheck over the weekend so this'll be good
hah haha
hahhahaha

what is this "paycheck" of which you speak?

to be honest though I already have sooooo many games I never finished, it's kind of ridiculous. I'm not letting myself buy anymore (not that i can anyway, no money) until I finish at least... SOME of these
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »

I figured thanks to the telltale "the Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now please try again later" disclaimer on the store page.

This year I'm not going to buy anything unless I actually intend to play it before the next sale. Wish me luck...

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2015, 03:19:25 PM »
I recommend people who love platforming and puzzles to be gunning for the Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee remake, it's on a flash sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314660/

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2015, 03:24:59 PM »
I bought the Old Republic *one day* before it went F2P, like, two years ago.
-cries in the corner somewhere-
It's actually a pretty good MMO if you ignore all the story issues, so I might reinstall it sometime.

What story issues do you have in mind?
SWTOR is only the second MMO that I ever played, and I considered the story actually good? I mean... The only MMO I played before SWTOR was LOTRO, and the fact that SWTOR has those dark side and light side points and so many cool interactions between characters got me really excited.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »
What story issues do you have in mind?
SWTOR is only the second MMO that I ever played, and I considered the story actually good? I mean... The only MMO I played before SWTOR was LOTRO, and the fact that SWTOR has those dark side and light side points and so many cool interactions between characters got me really excited.

Don't mind us. We just choose to cling to the story that was established in the preceding (singleplayer) games.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Don't mind us. We just choose to cling to the story that was established in the preceding (singleplayer) games.

Oh... Sorry. I started playing SWTOR very recently, so I have never played KoTOR.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."