Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146673 times)

MrNegative

• pretty cool
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2015, 08:30:18 PM »
Yeah. It's part of the mystery. We can only be sure of what we know, which isn't that much actually.
And I hope that it stays that way. If Scott revealed the truth, then one of the biggest and best parts of FNAF, all the different theories, would be destroyed.
Native: :usa:
Learning: :sweden:, :vaticancity:
On hold: :denmark:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »
And I hope that it stays that way. If Scott revealed the truth, then one of the biggest and best parts of FNAF, all the different theories, would be destroyed.
Yeah, I like the mystery. Have you heard they're making a movie?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2015, 08:48:29 PM »
Yeah, I like the mystery. Have you heard they're making a movie?
Yes I have. I've been wondering about it. Who'll be in it? Will they stay canon or not? How many of the three games will they span? Will it actually be successful?
Concerning that last one, video game movies usually end up negative in profits. A pretty good director is working on this one, so hopefully it'll break that trend of bad movies.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
Yes I have. I've been wondering about it. Who'll be in it? Will they stay canon or not? How many of the three games will they span? Will it actually be successful?
Concerning that last one, video game movies usually end up negative in profits. A pretty good director is working on this one, so hopefully it'll break that trend of bad movies.

I might watch it depending on how well it goes over.

MrNegative

• pretty cool
« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »
I might watch it depending on how well it goes over.

I might go as well. A couple of my friends are definitely going as soon as it comes out due to their love of FNAF.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
I might go as well. A couple of my friends are definitely going as soon as it comes out due to their love of FNAF.

Cool.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
Just got my 100% completion trophy in Bloodborne yesterday.  The game is amazing, and anyone who has a ps4 should get it immediately.  I'm not sure where it will land in my top 10, but it's in there for sure. 
...Now on to Dark Souls. 
Feel free to PM.

ClairityKoi

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2015, 11:48:12 PM »
Adventure games or ones with a focus on the story are kinda my thing :P I can get behind certain shooters or action games or whatever but they have to hook me in with the story. So, essentially anything developed or produced by Telltale and some others. I've particularly enjoyed Life is Strange lately, and then before then was Bioshock Infinite, and then there's...

Dun da-da duuuun! http://www.thedreammachine.se The Dream Machine! A point and click puzzle/horror game which is still awaiting the final chapter's release! It's essentially about husband and wife Victor and Alicia Neff, who move to the old Morton estate which is a large building which belongs to the landlord Mr. Morton, who renovated the building and rented out the apartments. Anything more than me saying that you investigate "strange goings-on" at the start would be a spoiler, so if anyone's interested they'll just have to check it out. The game features a story which does very much reel you in, and is told entirely through claymation sets and landscapes, sporting an art style which is in ways both beautifully ugly and unique.
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
@ClairityKoi - so, the site lets you play until you first log out and then locks the game until you pay for it? Cause that's what seems to have happened to me. Just checking to see if I'm missing something.

ClairityKoi

« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
@ClairityKoi - so, the site lets you play until you first log out and then locks the game until you pay for it? Cause that's what seems to have happened to me. Just checking to see if I'm missing something.

Hmm, I think that might have happened to me as well, but I prolly wasn't aware of it happening. At the time I just thought that they had taken the first episode off of free-to-play. That sounds like a little bit cheap of a ploy, buuut.. Each episode on Steam is pretty cheap, and if I remember correctly, the first 2 are bundled together, and you get them both for the price of one of them.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
Just curious, has anybody else played The Last Door? I'm usually not into horror, but... dang. It's something else. And it's free, and online, and still updating, sooo... try it. Seriously. I have never enjoyed any other horror game, but The Last door has a special place in my heart (and my nightmares). Who needs jumpscares or flashy graphics?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
Hmm, I think that might have happened to me as well, but I prolly wasn't aware of it happening. At the time I just thought that they had taken the first episode off of free-to-play. That sounds like a little bit cheap of a ploy, buuut.. Each episode on Steam is pretty cheap, and if I remember correctly, the first 2 are bundled together, and you get them both for the price of one of them.
Sounds good, except I don't use Steam. I don't know if this is the game that'll make me get an account. I didn't like the aesthetics, but I do find myself wondering about how the story progresses. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be another way to buy chapters.

Just curious, has anybody else played The Last Door?

No, but I'm gonna give it a try now that you mentioned it, I love me some pixels. I'm a bit suspicious about how "horror" anything can get at that level of detail, but it doesn't matter, it should be fun.

ClairityKoi

« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »
Sounds good, except I don't use Steam. I don't know if this is the game that'll make me get an account. I didn't like the aesthetics, but I do find myself wondering about how the story progresses. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be another way to buy chapters.

Hm, yes, I'm not sure if you can play outside the browser if you don't buy it through Steam, but they're 'at least' accessible through the website. Hopefully it'll become available through more services though. The story is more than worth it, but that's just my opinion. :P

Divra

« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2015, 01:22:46 PM »
Just thought i'd mention it to our newbies as well; I still have 9 keys for Goat Simulator and 12 keys for Sanctum 2. PM me if you want either (or both).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:25:36 PM by Divra »

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »
How did you get all those keys?