Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146681 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
That's not to be taken for granted though. As it turns out 4Chan made another Pokemon game, and, well; that one I won't link to.
Well, I just meant in the sense that, everyone expected it to be terrible and offensive because hey it's 4chan right, everything they do is awful, but when it came out a lot of people really liked it apparently.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

DzigaWatt

• Just 5 more mins
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »
Apparently 4Chan (of all places) is developing a Pokemon game with a South-American theme. Aside from some strange type combination it looks surprisingly good.

:OOOO  I will love you forever for showing me this!
can discuss the meaning of life:
like a second mother-language:
won't starve:
dATumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2015, 05:44:09 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think I saw a pseudo-legendary line?  That's, like, one of the most important parts!
What is a pseudo-legendary line? Like the Dragonite line?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
What is a pseudo-legendary line? Like the Dragonite line?
Yeah, exactly.
I think I found it after posting that, with something that ended up being... Dark/Steel type, toward the bottom of the list?  The qualifications for being pseudo-legendary are having 3 forms, and a base stat total of 600 when fully evolved.  They're also really hard to catch.  Excluding legendaries, they're the best regular Pokemon in a game, stat-wise.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
Yeah, exactly.
I think I found it after posting that, with something that ended up being... Dark/Steel type, toward the bottom of the list?  The qualifications for being pseudo-legendary are having 3 forms, and a base stat total of 600 when fully evolved.  They're also really hard to catch.  Excluding legendaries, they're the best regular Pokemon in a game, stat-wise.
Figures. Been a while since I dealt with base stat totals. To be totally honest though I'm not really interested in Legendary Pokemons, I always form a team based on Pokemons I think are cool/capture early. Which is why my generation V team consists of Seismitoad, Braviary, Scrafty, Samurott, Krokorok and Lilligant.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
Figures. Been a while since I dealt with base stat totals. To be totally honest though I'm not really interested in Legendary Pokemons, I always form a team based on Pokemons I think are cool/capture early. Which is why my generation V team consists of Seismitoad, Braviary, Scrafty, Samurott, Krokorok and Lilligant.
I do something similar.  I don't include legendaries in my team because they're just kinda overpowered.  I make a team out of my favorites that I find along the way... so usually just the cool/cute ones, though I try to keep my types balanced, and always have a steel and water type with me by the end.  Usually that means going with only my starter through at least the first gym, before anything fun shows up.
Feel free to PM.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »
Took a risk today and bought Bloodborne.  I was afraid I wouldn't like it, but I'm really enjoying it.
Can't be bothered to figure everything out on my own, so I'm using the wiki.  :P
Feel free to PM.

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »
About a year ago, I had the urge to try a moba. At that time the only ones I knew were league and dota, and my computer could not handle data. So I tried league. And it didn't work. But I did something and it started working. And I liked it. And then my PC crashed. Thrice. And now league does not work. And I forgot what I did to make it work. So now I don't play league. Cool story, right?
English, Hindi, Punjabi.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »
Those problems when you don't even know what is wrong are the worst.
I'm currently in the opposite situation: It took an awful amount of time and effort, but we've finally managed to solve our Steam connection problems and retrieve our password, so... I can play Skyrim again!!  ;D Wait, no, I can't, the gaming laptop is occupied today. But tomorrow, folks... *staring blankly into the distance"
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

asdasdasd2

• Mostly says meaningless things.
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
And those problems where you check the internet and most say, 'just wait for 5/10/20/60 minutes. That worked for me.' And you end up waiting the whole day and it still doesn't work.
English, Hindi, Punjabi.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »
I'm sitting here watching my thirteen year old sister try playing Portal for the first time - it's rather amusing. She really, really gets some things about portals, but can't figure out other, very basic things. She just got ahold of the orange part of the gun, so here's proud :P
In other news, I have introduced her to the wonderful world of SSSS, mwahaha...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
I'm sitting here watching my thirteen year old sister try playing Portal for the first time - it's rather amusing. She really, really gets some things about portals, but can't figure out other, very basic things. She just got ahold of the orange part of the gun, so here's proud :P
In other news, I have introduced her to the wonderful world of SSSS, mwahaha...
You're doing worlds of good for your sister. 
*Pins badge on Adrai*  *Salutes*
I just got my mom to play Journey (Her first video game), and I really need to get her to play Portal one day.  I just know it'd be entertaining.
Feel free to PM.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
You're doing worlds of good for your sister. 
*Pins badge on Adrai*  *Salutes*

Hooray! I'm a good brother!
My sister's actually a surprisingly avid gamer - she was playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour at age three, and was actually managing to get decent scores.

I just got my mom to play Journey (Her first video game), and I really need to get her to play Portal one day.  I just know it'd be entertaining.

Heh, it is quite amusing... Never heard of Journey, though. Might check into it.
I actually managed to get my mom to play Luigi's Ghost Mansion from Nintendo Land with the rest of my family - and she enjoyed it! I'm astounded. Of course, she had to quit after three games on account of it being "too stressful". Ah well...

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »
Hooray! I'm a good brother!
My sister's actually a surprisingly avid gamer - she was playing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour at age three, and was actually managing to get decent scores.

Heh, it is quite amusing... Never heard of Journey, though. Might check into it.
I actually managed to get my mom to play Luigi's Ghost Mansion from Nintendo Land with the rest of my family - and she enjoyed it! I'm astounded. Of course, she had to quit after three games on account of it being "too stressful". Ah well...
N- Nuh- Ne... Never heard of Journey?  :O
I'm definitely gonna recommend it, seeing how it's my favorite game!  :D  It's a PS3 exclusive, so that might be why you haven't heard of it, if you stick with PC and Nintendo.

My mom thought Journey was stressful as well.  Which is odd, because I picked it in part for how serene and relaxing it is.  And Luigi's Mansion is so lighthearted...  Moms are unusual. 
Feel free to PM.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2015, 08:55:57 PM »
N- Nuh- Ne... Never heard of Journey?  :O
I'm definitely gonna recommend it, seeing how it's my favorite game!  :D  It's a PS3 exclusive, so that might be why you haven't heard of it, if you stick with PC and Nintendo.

Yeah, I'm unfortunately limited on funds for buying game devices... but daaang, Journey looks cool. That's the kind of gaming experience I've always wanted to create!

My mom thought Journey was stressful as well.  Which is odd, because I picked it in part for how serene and relaxing it is.  And Luigi's Mansion is so lighthearted...  Moms are unusual. 

Agreed there. I guess they just aren't hardwired for this sort of thing? I'm personally amazed that she was able to figure out movement so quickly, though! That was cool.
Whoa... I'm going to be an old fart who can't figure out newfangled technology someday... o_O