Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146600 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »
Yeah, they did. I've been playing it and it's a pretty decent adaptation.

I suspected as much.
Well, I may need to look into getting it, then.  All my friends had N64s, so I only got to play it at friends' houses.

I think I might be enjoying this one more than Twilight Princess.  It has a lot more to just randomly discover, I think.  And Medli is the freaking best.  I'm at the part where she's sailing around with me right now.  :D
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
I think I might be enjoying this one more than Twilight Princess.  It has a lot more to just randomly discover, I think.  And Medli is the freaking best.  I'm at the part where she's sailing around with me right now.  :D
I take it you haven't watched the full game grumps playthrough then. There are some golden moments involving Medli in that series.

Twilight Princess is good but it's far from my favourite.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2015, 03:21:16 PM »
I take it you haven't watched the full game grumps playthrough then. There are some golden moments involving Medli in that series.

Twilight Princess is good but it's far from my favourite.
Nah, I skipped most of that one.  I plan on watching it through once I finish the game though.

Yeah, it's the only one I've actually played, before now, so it was the only one I knew about.  Having not played a Zelda game before it, I thought it was fantastic.  It seems a lot slower than Wind Waker, though.  Like, there are a lot of times in the game where... not much happens.
Feel free to PM.

Rha

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »
Twilight Princess is generally seen as the worst Zelda game, after the CD-I ones, of course.. I personally think it's pretty decent, could have been a lot better tho..but I DID enjoy it more than Skyward Sword (don't kill me, Zelda fans..). I think the worst I've played was the 'sequel to windwaker' on the DS, I even forgot the name..there were two, I didn't bother with the second one.

My first Zelda game was Oracle of Ages, it's super cute. I always picked the dodongo companion : 3
Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
Twilight Princess is generally seen as the worst Zelda game, after the CD-I ones, of course.. I personally think it's pretty decent, could have been a lot better tho..but I DID enjoy it more than Skyward Sword (don't kill me, Zelda fans..). I think the worst I've played was the 'sequel to windwaker' on the DS, I even forgot the name..there were two, I didn't bother with the second one.

My first Zelda game was Oracle of Ages, it's super cute. I always picked the dodongo companion : 3

The DS games were Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (now that I think about it Spirit Tracks sounds like a moonshine smuggling operation). Phantom Hourglass I played to the end despite the outrageous "Temple of the Ocean King" thing which made so many people dislike it. I liked the game but I rank it below Twilight Princess. Spirit Tracks is slightly better than Phantom Hourglass but Ironically I didn't finish all of it.

Oracle of Ages is the only Oracle game I've played. I liked the island with the severely birdbrained reptiles.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2015, 04:39:05 PM »
Oooohhh :D That's awesome, I love Pokemon Trozei! When the newest one came out, the place I was living didn't have wifi that my 3DS liked so I had to take the train all the way to bestbuy, get a nintendo points card, then go to a McDonalds near my house and leech their wifi for like 40 minutes while it dowloaded >_>

IN THE RAIN, NO LESS!!!
Gah, doing things in the rain is really tiring. :I
I love leeching BK's, McD, and the library's wifi if I ever need them. :P (And DD if they have a good connection; I haven't used theirs much)

Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »
Starbound has updated...
I may need to stock up on food.
Feel free to PM.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:06 PM »
The DS games were Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (now that I think about it Spirit Tracks sounds like a moonshine smuggling operation). Phantom Hourglass I played to the end despite the outrageous "Temple of the Ocean King" thing which made so many people dislike it. I liked the game but I rank it below Twilight Princess. Spirit Tracks is slightly better than Phantom Hourglass but Ironically I didn't finish all of it.

I've played both and I think Spirit Tracks solved a lot of problems that Phantom Hourglass had, like: unnecessary timed dungeons, clunky stealth portions, and kind of generic storyline. I hadn't finished it yet because I am horrible at finishing games (and I lent my DSi to a friend), but I loved the trains and being able to adventure with Zelda and the bunnies and just ~everything~ about it.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Rha

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2015, 04:52:11 AM »

Oracle of Ages is the only Oracle game I've played. I liked the island with the severely birdbrained reptiles.

Yes, I actually played through Phantom Hourglass (thanks) a few times, it's just after the wind waker, it seems so weak of a sequel.

Ah yes, the reptiles! That was a fun part...and I remember thinking the Zoras were underwater ghosts xD
Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
For anyone interested in that free pokemon game, it comes out on February 18th

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
I've played both and I think Spirit Tracks solved a lot of problems that Phantom Hourglass had, like: unnecessary timed dungeons, clunky stealth portions, and kind of generic storyline. I hadn't finished it yet because I am horrible at finishing games (and I lent my DSi to a friend), but I loved the trains and being able to adventure with Zelda and the bunnies and just ~everything~ about it.
Oh yeah, there was some bunny stuff now that you mention it. I have this vague memory of hunting down and blasting rabbits with train-mounted cannons. Then there was this amazonian all-male lumberjack village that was looking for ma!l-order brides. Now I want to play the game again to get these things sorted out.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
Oh yeah, there was some bunny stuff now that you mention it. I have this vague memory of hunting down and blasting rabbits with train-mounted cannons. Then there was this amazonian all-male lumberjack village that was looking for ma!l-order brides. Now I want to play the game again to get these things sorted out.

I think both of those are correct :D

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2015, 05:33:32 PM »
For anyone interested in that free pokemon game, it comes out on February 18th
*tries to make an attempt at scribbling it in her mind so she remembers*
Oh wait, that's during my mid-winter break! Hooray!! :D

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »
I saw free and pokemon, what?

Also, I am going insane, got my confirmation call that I can go get my limited edition Majora's Mask New 3DS (xl) and I cannot wait~ <3
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »
I saw free and pokemon, what?

Also, I am going insane, got my confirmation call that I can go get my limited edition Majora's Mask New 3DS (xl) and I cannot wait~ <3
A free-to-play Pokemon game called Pokemon Shuffle, coming out Feb. 18th! :D