Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146656 times)

Rha

Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »
Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »
Well, like most people I suppose, I don't have 'ONE FAVORITE GAME', even so, if someone asks usually the first title that pops into my head is Halo 2. Not just because I think it's a great game, but it actually sparked my interest for shooters. I was a very stubborn kid, a friend made me play it xD. The newest console I had back then was the N64 (talking about 2006).

Anyway, a list!

-Halo 2
-LoZ:Windwaker
-All the gameboy Zeldas
-LoZ:Majora's Mask
-Starcraft
-Pokémon S/G/C
-Half-Life
-Portal 2
-Age of Empires 2
-Homeworld + Cataclysm
-Halo: ODST
- Marathon (this one's really one of my absolute faves, here's a link http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Marathon)
- Borderlands 2
- Darksiders
- Metro 2033
- Bioshock
-Creatures (a breeding/gene manipulating/learning AI game thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%28artificial_life_series%29)
-EVE, I've played it for a while and I love it but I suckkk, I had to be a miner, can't handle the stress of getting attacked.
-Dungeon Keeper 2
-Mass Effect 1

I'm sure I left out a lot...

I read someone mentioning Halo : Master Chief collection. I'm going through it right now, and boy does the Halo 2 remake look great! Didn't expect it, after Halo CE anniversary..turns out, the campaign, multiplayer and the cinematics of Halo 2 weren't even remade by 343i so, haha...
I haven't played at least half of these games, heard of them, though. :)
But this list just started what I already had in mind. XD
..And I wanted to play Borderlands after seeing awesome cosplay of characters from the games.
I only have the Nintendo DS Lite and 3DS as consoles, so I'm limited, but there is the upcoming Majora's Mask for 3DS. ^^ (And there's a free Pokemon game coming sometime this month, I believe)
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Riona

• Tumblr
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »
I really like your list Rha!

So, I'm a huge Snes fan, my fav game is Lufia 2, I did prefer RPG or indies games

Here's my list:

-Lufia 1 and 2
-Chrono trigger
-Dinocity
-Legend of Zelda: link's awakening
-Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of time and Majora's Mask
-All pokemons
-Transistor
-Journey
-Persona 3,4, P4A
-Tokyo Jungle
-Skyrim
-Harvest moon
-Final fantasy I, II, III IV, VI, VIII, X
-Shin megami tensei Digital devil saga 1 and 2
-Dynasty Warrior series
-Bravely Default
-Threads of Fate
And some more I can't recall

You can add me on Steam, my nickname is borealfox
and here's my 3DS friendcode if you want to add me, and be sure to give me your friendcode too otherwise it wont work!
Friendcode: 4511-0637-9167
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:37:32 PM by Riona »

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »
Here's my list (Which doesn't consist of much...):
-Pokemon HG
-Professor Layton
-Pokemon OR/AS
-Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
-Bravely Default
-Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
-LoZ: ALBW
-Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
-Mogeko Castle
-Touhou Project
-SBB for Nintendo 3DS

That's all I've got, for now. (I might have more when the opportunity rises in the future)
And I would love to find more of those RPG VX, Ace, etc. games. I love playing those whenever I'm not doing much.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:38:28 PM by Silenter »

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »
Squad's Kerbal Space Program - Assemble rockets from easy-to-use components, launch them, watch them crash and burn. Then try to make them get into orbit! You can play in a sandbox mode, or try to run a space program with budgets, R&D and strategies, upgrading facilities when you have the cash.

EgoSoft's X:Rebirth. Finally mature after a very dodgy release, I'm just getting back into it.

The Elder Scrolls series, though for some reason I stopped playing Skyrim half-way through. I never seem to have the time to get back into it. The same for my attempts to play The Witcher - it's a brilliant game, but needs too much time per play-session.
My one-and-only: :uk:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:13 PM »

-Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

I bought this when I came out as a long-time persona fan! I love the writing and the character interactions but those battles are enough to make me want to throw my DS against a wall sometimes XD
(also I feel like it's harder to get new personas/make money compared to the other games?)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2015, 12:07:52 AM »
I bought this when I came out as a long-time persona fan! I love the writing and the character interactions but those battles are enough to make me want to throw my DS against a wall sometimes XD
(also I feel like it's harder to get new personas/make money compared to the other games?)
I didn't feel like tossing it yet, which is good. XD Except for when I repeatedly ran into FOEs by accident, and when I first encountered the Burning Beetle... And I accidentally once overwrote my 20+ hours of P3 side with the beginning of P4. Which made me nearly toss it onto the floor. (Which at that point I actually defeated the boss and went into the Love Cafe Dungeon)
It is kind of hard to get new Personas, I only a single pretty good one with skills that are potentially useful, and every other Persona was just "... Alright, who's out next? >:D" Otherwise, I search for Personas to combine, and sometimes it doesn't come up with anything good. (Or else it's with the Personas I'm currently using)
I don't know about the other Persona games, but it is hard to earn enough money, unless if you're in the last floor of the first dungeon, or else the other labyrinths, and just go all out berserk defeating everything in your path. XD 

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:46 AM »
I didn't feel like tossing it yet, which is good. XD Except for when I repeatedly ran into FOEs by accident

OMG  like that one FOE on Group Date Cafe floor 2 that makes you move in the opposite direction THAT GUY WAS SO ANNOYING >____<

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2015, 01:00:26 AM »
OMG  like that one FOE on Group Date Cafe floor 2 that makes you move in the opposite direction THAT GUY WAS SO ANNOYING >____<
Auugh, the torture. D:
Those Messengers of Love, I swear I'm going to get them someday.... T^T
Wait until we get to the Angel's of Love...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:02:24 AM by Silenter »

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2015, 01:04:19 AM »
Auugh, the torture. D:
Those Messengers of Love, I swear I'm going to get them someday.... T^T
Wait until we get to the Angel's of Love...
YEAH THOSE
JESUS LIKE
WHAT
WHY
WHY DOES ATLUS HATE US SO MUCH
T________T

the enemies on that floor are ridiculous too. Like "oh it's just a cute little ladybug-- Wtf it poisoned everyone?!-- WTF IT USED MUDO FOR A 1-HIT-KO???!!!"

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2015, 05:25:47 AM »
Squad's Kerbal Space Program - Assemble rockets from easy-to-use components, launch them, watch them crash and burn. Then try to make them get into orbit! You can play in a sandbox mode, or try to run a space program with budgets, R&D and strategies, upgrading facilities when you have the cash.

This game is pretty funny, but I have a special talent for not managing to get out of the atmosphere. It feels more like the Lithuanian space programme when one is forced to cover the entire rocket with duct tape (i.e. iron struts) to prevent it from immediately breaking up due to poor design choices.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »
... poor design choices ...

That's quite inspired. :)

Have you tried any mods? I always use Ferram's FAR mod, though I will compare it with the new stock aerodynamics once KSPv1.0 comes out.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
That's quite inspired. :)

Have you tried any mods? I always use Ferram's FAR mod, though I will compare it with the new stock aerodynamics once KSPv1.0 comes out.

Nnnno, I didn't know it was moddable (I use the steam version). Also aerodynamics sounds like a classic case of "tl;dr launch the darn thing".

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
YEAH THOSE
JESUS LIKE
WHAT
WHY
WHY DOES ATLUS HATE US SO MUCH
T________T

the enemies on that floor are ridiculous too. Like "oh it's just a cute little ladybug-- Wtf it poisoned everyone?!-- WTF IT USED MUDO FOR A 1-HIT-KO???!!!"
NOPE NOPE O_O'''
Looks deceive entirely in that game. >_<
ATLUS WHY
ATLUS?!?

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »
Nnnno, I didn't know it was moddable (I use the steam version). Also aerodynamics sounds like a classic case of "tl;dr launch the darn thing".

Oh! Well, then, hie thee down to the KSP Forum and check out the Add-On releases Sub-forum. All versions of KSP - on Steam or otherwise - can be modded. There are plenty of sticky threads with instructions on how to do this. If you get lost then PM me on the forum, my tag there is "softweir".

The aerodynamics mod makes launches easier. If you want to design ultra-stable winged craft (ie "spaceplanes") then it has all sorts of tools to help - but I doubt you will need to look at those.