Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146570 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »
Any chance we can get a beta?
I'd love to give it a go.
Maybe when the time comes.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »
Maybe when the time comes.
Ah, you're killing me, man.   :D
Feel free to PM.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2014, 11:43:57 PM »
Ah, you're killing me, man.   :D
When the release gets closer i might or might not drop here some keys.

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2014, 11:59:57 PM »
The last videogame I played is a little handheld that is CRAZY addicting called Shattered Planet. I recently got it on PC as well and I can NOT let it go (please refrain from singing the song). The last time I was addicted this bad to an RPG was Skyrim. I've also been playing a lot of Skyrim LOL and I recently got back into Dota 2 and Sims 3.
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2014, 12:08:33 AM »
The last videogame I played is a little handheld that is CRAZY addicting called Shattered Planet. I recently got it on PC as well and I can NOT let it go (please refrain from singing the song). The last time I was addicted this bad to an RPG was Skyrim. I've also been playing a lot of Skyrim LOL and I recently got back into Dota 2 and Sims 3.
Sims 3 is pretty addictive too! At some point I got really bored and made Sims of Tuuri, Lalli, and Emil...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Esko Oksanen

• "I'M A CLEANSER!" *shoots potato at wilderness*
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2014, 12:39:13 AM »
Sims 3 is pretty addictive too! At some point I got really bored and made Sims of Tuuri, Lalli, and Emil...
You. Are. Perfect.
*gives you 5 whole potato*
Fluent: :usa: :mexico:
Okay: ---
Terrible: :japan:
Learning: ---
Can teach: :usa:, :mexico:
Want to learn: :finland:, :sweden:, :norway:, :iceland:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2014, 08:46:39 AM »
The Humble Store is finally having its winter sale, which means it's time for me to stock up on video games again. So far I'm looking at:

Dear Esther
Proteus
Fez
Botanicula
Kentucky Route Zero (though maybe I'll wait until all the Acts come out, because I'm impatient like that)

In case you haven't noticed, I like video games that aren't very traditional and/ or have gorgeous visuals.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:21:35 AM by mithrysc »

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Oskutin/

Heres my steam.

But if you'll add me, please tell in advance, as i deny all unknown requests.

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2014, 10:20:01 PM »
Specifically Die2nite and Mush are great strategic survival games that I think could interest the SSSS fans.

I've played these for years on the French version of the website and they are really fun when people are "serious" about it :)

Die2nite (hordes) is about villagers trying to survive being attacked by zombies every night, you have to cooperate (or not) with the other villagers (and heros) to make the town survive the longest (or any other goal you might have).

Mush is about a team of almost random people stuck together on a ship to find EDEN while trying to survive attacks from aliens and fight a parasitic fungus. Paranoia, assassinations and a lot of fun ensues!

I had no idea if there was a place I could post this that already existed, if it does have a better place to be I don't mind being moved (?)
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 06:34:16 PM »
Oooh man. Steam sales. Hate them and love them.

*has just spent $23 that she did not plan on spending at all*

Oh, also, my Steam is over heeeere. Add me if you like, but if you have a different username over there as to here, please do tell me who you are first. I don't friend unknowns, haha.
Am notified of private messages via email.

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »
The Humble Store is finally having its winter sale, which means it's time for me to stock up on video games again. So far I'm looking at:

Dear Esther
Proteus
Fez
Botanicula
Kentucky Route Zero (though maybe I'll wait until all the Acts come out, because I'm impatient like that)

In case you haven't noticed, I like video games that aren't very traditional and/ or have gorgeous visuals.

I played Fez last year, and it's gorgeous, both graphically and in every other sense. My advice would be to use walkthroughs and the like as little as possible, although obviously you should play it however you think you'll enjoy it most. If you are going to go completely walkthrough free though, you should be aware that some of the puzzles are almost impossible to crack alone, and it took the amassed internet a fair while to solve them, so don't get too hung up. Oh, and use a pen and paper.

I've recently been playing Ocarina of Time 3D, which is my first Zelda game ever, and I've really been enjoying it. Interesting to see all the ways where it's clearly influenced Fez, actually.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
I played Fez last year, and it's gorgeous, both graphically and in every other sense. My advice would be to use walkthroughs and the like as little as possible, although obviously you should play it however you think you'll enjoy it most. If you are going to go completely walkthrough free though, you should be aware that some of the puzzles are almost impossible to crack alone, and it took the amassed internet a fair while to solve them, so don't get too hung up. Oh, and use a pen and paper.

I've recently been playing Ocarina of Time 3D, which is my first Zelda game ever, and I've really been enjoying it. Interesting to see all the ways where it's clearly influenced Fez, actually.

The whole perspective thing is also somewhat mind-blowing for me. I never get tired of just rotating the levels...

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »
The whole perspective thing is also somewhat mind-blowing for me. I never get tired of just rotating the levels...

Oh yeah, that's plenty of fun! There are some really cool environments too, but I don't know how far you are so I won't spoil any.

Rha

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2015, 11:25:29 AM »
Well, like most people I suppose, I don't have 'ONE FAVORITE GAME', even so, if someone asks usually the first title that pops into my head is Halo 2. Not just because I think it's a great game, but it actually sparked my interest for shooters. I was a very stubborn kid, a friend made me play it xD. The newest console I had back then was the N64 (talking about 2006).

Anyway, a list!

-Halo 2
-LoZ:Windwaker
-All the gameboy Zeldas
-LoZ:Majora's Mask
-Starcraft
-Pokémon S/G/C
-Half-Life
-Portal 2
-Age of Empires 2
-Homeworld + Cataclysm
-Halo: ODST
- Marathon (this one's really one of my absolute faves, here's a link http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Marathon)
- Borderlands 2
- Darksiders
- Metro 2033
- Bioshock
-Creatures (a breeding/gene manipulating/learning AI game thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%28artificial_life_series%29)
-EVE, I've played it for a while and I love it but I suckkk, I had to be a miner, can't handle the stress of getting attacked.
-Dungeon Keeper 2
-Mass Effect 1

I'm sure I left out a lot...

I read someone mentioning Halo : Master Chief collection. I'm going through it right now, and boy does the Halo 2 remake look great! Didn't expect it, after Halo CE anniversary..turns out, the campaign, multiplayer and the cinematics of Halo 2 weren't even remade by 343i so, haha...

Fluent
:spain:

:netherlands:

:usa:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
Well, like most people I suppose, I don't have 'ONE FAVORITE GAME', even so, if someone asks usually the first title that pops into my head is Halo 2. Not just because I think it's a great game, but it actually sparked my interest for shooters. I was a very stubborn kid, a friend made me play it xD. The newest console I had back then was the N64 (talking about 2006).

Anyway, a list!

-Halo 2
-LoZ:Windwaker
-All the gameboy Zeldas
-LoZ:Majora's Mask

-Starcraft
-Pokémon S/G/C
-Half-Life
-Portal 2

-Age of Empires 2
-Homeworld + Cataclysm
-Halo: ODST
- Marathon (this one's really one of my absolute faves, here's a link http://bungie.wikia.com/wiki/Marathon)
- Borderlands 2
- Darksiders
- Metro 2033
- Bioshock
-Creatures (a breeding/gene manipulating/learning AI game thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%28artificial_life_series%29)
-EVE, I've played it for a while and I love it but I suckkk, I had to be a miner, can't handle the stress of getting attacked.
-Dungeon Keeper 2

-Mass Effect 1

I'm sure I left out a lot...

I read someone mentioning Halo : Master Chief collection. I'm going through it right now, and boy does the Halo 2 remake look great! Didn't expect it, after Halo CE anniversary..turns out, the campaign, multiplayer and the cinematics of Halo 2 weren't even remade by 343i so, haha...

I like your style.