Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146584 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »
Quote from: Solokov
Also the abyss watchers can go die in a fire.
I am going to admit I rolled away from them all, occasionally threw a fireball, and just let them fight themselves. Works like a charm.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #571 on: July 23, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »
How about older (early 2000's) games?

Anyone played games like Zeus: Master of Olympus, or maybe Empire Earth? Any love for oldschool strategy/city-building games? v;
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »

Anyone played games like Zeus: Master of Olympus, or maybe Empire Earth? Any love for oldschool strategy/city-building games? v;

Dude I still have Age of Empires II LAN parties :3 I'll never get tired of that game . .

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #573 on: July 23, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »
*resurfacing memories of playing Warcraft 2, Command & Conquer 2, Heroes of Might & Magic 2, Civilization 2, and later Age of Empire and Total Annihilation*
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #574 on: July 23, 2016, 07:13:52 PM »
Asdfghrabblerobblerobble *foams at the mouth over trying to fight the consumed king*

I seriously thought that transition fromaldritch almost directly to the boreal dancer was bs, this guy is just broken.. the last two attempts right out of the gate he was hitting me was his stage 2 abilities.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #575 on: July 23, 2016, 07:18:47 PM »

I would still probably be playing age of mythology with my brother if we had two PCs. That's an awesome game.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Solokov

« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »
I take it back the twin princes are worse than the transition from Aldrich to the Boreal dancer....
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #577 on: July 28, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »

Empire Earth was an awesome game, much better than the second one. Too bad it doesn't like my current video card and monitor and simply refuses to launch, even with the NeoEE patch that supposedly fixes its compatibility problems.

Don't even get me started on strategy games. City-building games - I played all SimCity games except the very first one and many, many others. Too bad good city-building games are very rare these days, especially the ones dealing with modern cities - there's Cities: Skylines and that's all, and even then it's not perfect. I'd pay good money for a game that combines (most of) its game mechanics with the art style and modular buildings of SimCity 2013.

---
I'm trying to figure out Football Manager 2016. It's extremely difficult and extremely complex, but its the only game that has my failtastic home town football club, along with the rest of Belarusian football clubs.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #578 on: July 28, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »
I take it back the twin princes are worse than the transition from Aldrich to the Boreal dancer....
Are you playing as a sorcerer, pyromancer or maybe a raw melee fighter, if I may ask.
I'm running as a pyromancer but focus more on melee.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Solokov

« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2016, 01:09:16 PM »
Are you playing as a sorcerer, pyromancer or maybe a raw melee fighter, if I may ask.
I'm running as a pyromancer but focus more on melee.

strength/dex melee build. I got the elder prince down and then the hodor/bran teamup happened and  couldn't even dodge as a cluster of pain hit me square in the face.

...probably just gonna take some practice, kinda like dodging the opening teleport attack...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »
strength/dex melee build. I got the elder prince down and then the hodor/bran teamup happened and  couldn't even dodge as a cluster of pain hit me square in the face.

...probably just gonna take some practice, kinda like dodging the opening teleport attack...

If you need some advice: the fight is considerably easier if you use the dragon crest shield, since that can block most of Lorain's attacks, just watch out for the overhead smashes and watch your stamina.

If you can use those, a great shield with good fire resist is even better, I think Havel's and Black Iron are the best at that.

Basse

• Scout
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2016, 08:40:59 PM »
I think Havel's and Black Iron are the best at that.
Problem with greatshield is that they are just sooo heavy, especially Havel's shield, but If possible they are the best.
There is no shame in summoning people for bosses, just saying.
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Solokov

« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »
If you need some advice: the fight is considerably easier if you use the dragon crest shield, since that can block most of Lorain's attacks, just watch out for the overhead smashes and watch your stamina.

If you can use those, a great shield with good fire resist is even better, I think Havel's and Black Iron are the best at that.

May have sold that shield.

Problem with greatshield is that they are just sooo heavy, especially Havel's shield, but If possible they are the best.
There is no shame in summoning people for bosses, just saying.

No internet up in the barracks, and messed up sirris's quest, and haven't bought all the spells for orbeck.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Basse

• Scout
« Reply #583 on: August 06, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »
Champion Gundyr in Dark souls 3 ng++

Worst. Decision. Ever!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2016, 06:30:39 PM »
Guyssssssssssssss I just beat Inside. It was awesome.  ;D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help