Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146574 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:49 AM »
Sooooo has anyone gotten a chance to play Overwatch yet who can say if it lives up to the hype or not ?

Also, just thought I'd mention here that there's a Swedish character in overwatch named Torbjörn
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:32:16 AM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »
Sooooo has anyone gotten a chance to play Overwatch yet who can say if it lives up to the hype or not ?

Also, just thought I'd mention here that there's a Swedish character in overwatch named Torbjörn

Excellent. No reports on the actual quality yet of Overwatch. My gamer cousin became slightly incoherent when he tried to tell me how awesome it was, so I'm guessing that there's at least some substance for the hard-core gamers like my cousin to enjoy? And for the light ones, like my sister, who cries with joy every time she gets a spare hour to sit down and play.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2016, 11:44:20 PM »
I got Mirror's Edge on the Steam Summer Sale (for $5)and it is AWESOME! SO MUCH PARKOUR! SO MUCH FUN!  ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

makute

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #558 on: June 25, 2016, 12:27:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'd like to recommend Unreal World: http://www.unrealworld.fi/. An old school survival roguelike, by the finnish developer Sami Maaranen. I've been playing videogames for more than 20 years now, and to this day UrW stays on my top five.

UnReal World, or UrW, is a unique graphical roguelike RPG taking place in the Far North long, long ago. It brings you a realistic game world rich with historical atmosphere in which northern folklore, knowledge and way of life play an important part. The atmosphere and game features are highly original and compelling. The world of the game is based on the ancient Finland in the late Iron Age.
Throughout the years, UnReal World has been praised for its depth, realism, atmosphere and immersion.

And now the circle is complete, as it was on the UrW where I knew of SSSS: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=6619, which hooked me inmediatly.

I know Minna don't read this forum, but I just wanted to share this little story and greet fellow readers.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #559 on: June 25, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »
Excellent. No reports on the actual quality yet of Overwatch. My gamer cousin became slightly incoherent when he tried to tell me how awesome it was, so I'm guessing that there's at least some substance for the hard-core gamers like my cousin to enjoy? And for the light ones, like my sister, who cries with joy every time she gets a spare hour to sit down and play.
That, yeah, I get pretty similar affects from my friends who play it. I'm hoping I can acquire more money soon so I can actually play it and live the hype myself. If not, meh, I can always just play TF2, I heard they're pretty similar in a lot of ways.

IKEA

« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'd like to recommend Unreal World: http://www.unrealworld.fi/. An old school survival roguelike, by the finnish developer Sami Maaranen. I've been playing videogames for more than 20 years now, and to this day UrW stays on my top five.

And now the circle is complete, as it was on the UrW where I knew of SSSS: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=6619, which hooked me inmediatly.

I know Minna don't read this forum, but I just wanted to share this little story and greet fellow readers.
Cool, it sounds worth checking out! Survival games are always fun.
As a side note, welcome to the forum! Head on over to the Introduction thread to introduce yourself, and feel free to contact staff members (listed here under Important Information) or just us ordinary posters with any questions.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #561 on: June 30, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
Soooo anyone gotten a chance to look at the trailer for some of the new pokemon coming out with sun / moon ?

I'm intrigued by the water / fairy type that's a pink flowery fish, it's getting a lot of hate because a lot of people find its design ugly but I for one think the water / fairy mix is kinda cool and want to try it out.

But I'm most pumped about the cute little winged thing that's a bug / fairy type (any guess on my favorite pokemon type ?  :P ) it looks adorable, plus hopefully if it's bug it can use sleep / poison attacks and I like the idea of a pokemon that has that stuff and some of the fairy attacks too  :D

I'm weary on the bug / electric type that looks like a caterpillar toaster. I'm not one to be blinded by nostalgia and pretend that every generation including the first hasn't had some weird designs in it, so I guess every generation has to have its weird ones and by golly I think the caterpillar toaster wins that for this generation.

But also there's the electric / psychic type snake that turns into what looks a lot like a mecha ? Why do we have a snake turning into what looks like a giant anime fighting robot ;_; I'm intrigued by it, but thrown off at the same time.

ALSO my friend told me in this one apparently you can PET YOUR POKEMON IN BATTLE !!!! So like, it's not just restricted to the pokemon amore or whatever it was called bonding ap within the game, you can pet your pokemon whenever ?!?  :D

One last thing, has anyone heard of any new types that might be coming out with this game ? Or are they just going to continue to expand on some of the other recently introduced types ? There seems to be a lot of new fairy types coming out with this game (yay !!!!) so I'm guessing the latter ?

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #562 on: July 06, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »
I am so sorry to double post, especially considering this will be my second post in a row about pokemon BUT POKEMON GO WAS JUST RELEASED IN MY AREA !!!!! I was giggling the entire time I was downloading it then I cried because there was a BULBASAUR in my room ! It was standing on my pile of dirty laundry naturally BUT IT WAS THERE AND ITS MY STARTER WOW. I feel like a small child on Christmas morning  ;D

meshebe

• Ranger
  • altruistic idiot
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #563 on: July 07, 2016, 12:20:54 AM »
I am so sorry to double post, especially considering this will be my second post in a row about pokemon BUT POKEMON GO WAS JUST RELEASED IN MY AREA !!!!! I was giggling the entire time I was downloading it then I cried because there was a BULBASAUR in my room ! It was standing on my pile of dirty laundry naturally BUT IT WAS THERE AND ITS MY STARTER WOW. I feel like a small child on Christmas morning  ;D

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS I DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR ME I CAUGHT A BULBASAUR IN MY BACKYARD!

* meshebe is not excited at all nooooo
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01:

Avatar made by the most awesome Tap.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #564 on: July 18, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »
Pokemon Go was released in Canada today.

AaaaAAAAAHH I don't even care that I don't have full capabilities due to playing it on ipod touch, I'm just so glad that this is something that exists in the world.

...I'm probably going to end up with a team full of Drowzees, they're the only thing that reliably comes within my wifi range, pfffffft.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #565 on: July 18, 2016, 01:02:47 AM »
Pokemon Go was released in Canada today.

AaaaAAAAAHH I don't even care that I don't have full capabilities due to playing it on ipod touch, I'm just so glad that this is something that exists in the world.

...I'm probably going to end up with a team full of Drowzees, they're the only thing that reliably comes within my wifi range, pfffffft.

So many Drowzees EVERYWHERE D: at least you'll probably have a pretty powerful Hypno in no time !

Then there's my apartment which I'm pretty sure has a Weedle infestation . .

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #566 on: July 18, 2016, 05:06:19 AM »
I don't play but there's apparently a bunch of Pokemon in my backyard. People keep sticking their phones over the fence to try to catch them.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #567 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:07 AM »
I was cleaning up some iTunes stuff, looking for a track listing to an OST from an old game and discovered that that a company, GOG, has taken all 3 games from the series and revamped them for Win 7. The first one which was very 8 bit-ish was completely upgraded to contemporary standards. We're talking 20+ yr old games here, The Journeyman Project. I bought them, very cheap, downloaded them, installed and they ran flawlessly! There are a few artifacts in some of the graphics but nothing bothersome. I used to play one of them with my son when he was 9 or 10. Talk about nostalgia. Great fun, puzzle adventure types games with time travel. The company, GOG, has a whole stable of older adventure, horror, puzzle games. Some I remember but a lot I never heard of. They're also offering a pre order of No Man's Sky. Which looks to be a super adventure type game.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #568 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:26 PM »
Been playing dark souls 2 and 3....

Subjective opinions:

While 3 doesn't hold any punches 2 doesn't even try to hold your hand... *got killed by the pigs more than once*

Also the abyss watchers can go die in a fire.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
Also the abyss watchers can go die in a fire.

Fire just makes them stronger though.
Champion Gundyr on the other hand, he can go die in a fire.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3: