Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 146574 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »
Is anyone else totally stoked about the new LoZ game: Breath of the Wild ?!? I can't stop watching the trailer and gameplay previews they released at E3  ;D

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »
Is anyone else totally stoked about the new LoZ game: Breath of the Wild ?!? I can't stop watching the trailer and gameplay previews they released at E3  ;D

I heard about it earlier and I just watched the trailer and YES! SO MUCH YES! I DONT EVEN HAVE A WII U BUT I WANT ONE NOW JUST SO I CAN PLAY THIS! ;D ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »
I finished SOMA! I recruited my SO to defeat the monster I couldn't run from :D

It was pretty good though. I liked it. I was able to do the rest of the game with the monsters, it was just that one chase scene that got me.

Now I am playing A Story About My Uncle. I think the beginning is set in sweden because I saw some letters written in swedish, which I thought was pretty neat. I'm not far but I really like it so far.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »
I heard about it earlier and I just watched the trailer and YES! SO MUCH YES! I DONT EVEN HAVE A WII U BUT I WANT ONE NOW JUST SO I CAN PLAY THIS! ;D ;D

Going to have to second that. All the things that I've seen look SO GOOD.

I don't have a Wii U but... uh. When this game is released, I might be tempted. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2016, 11:50:58 PM »
Going to have to second that. All the things that I've seen look SO GOOD.

I don't have a Wii U but... uh. When this game is released, I might be tempted. :Va
Sighhhh same, but the good news is that with the NX coming out soon this means that maybe the price of the Wii U might drop become more affordable ? I'm hoping so because, I need that game

On that note I've owned a copy of Skyward Sword for over a year now and a special edition Princess Peach Wiimote Plus that I bought specifically just to play Skyward Sword with because I figured that if I was going to get the needed Wiimote Plus I might as well get a cool one, except I haven't had a chance to play it until today and holy wow I'm so happy. I know a lot of people really don't like Skyward Sword because of the art, but I actually really love the art style of Skyward Sword and don't understand all the hate it gets, it's a neat blend of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. The criticisms of the game mechanics however, yeah I guess I can understand that, I'm not even that far in and already some of the mechanics especially behind flying the loftwing and using the sail felt really awkward and almost unpleasant. But I think I love the art and the story too much to care all that much about awkward game mechanics, plus again I'm not that far in so maybe I'll find some game mechanics I really like. At least the sword fighting mechanics are simular enough to Twilight Princess'.

But getting back to my apartment today thinking about how I'd finally have a chance to play Skyward Sword for the rest of the day had me like

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #545 on: June 21, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
If anybody wants a free video game LIMBO is free for the next day or so on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/
It's spooky and there is a big spider in it so it might not be for everyone but it's very good.
Pretentious? Moi?

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #546 on: June 21, 2016, 11:03:55 PM »
If anybody wants a free video game LIMBO is free for the next day or so on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/
It's spooky and there is a big spider in it so it might not be for everyone but it's very good.

Awe shoot, I forgot isn't the big Steam sale going on right now ?!? SIghhhhh of course when I'm flat broke. But thanks for the tip of the free game !! Ah gosh I love spoopy games, I'll have to check it out c:

Athena

« Reply #547 on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:14 PM »

Ok, I've been playing it for about the past hour and I'm already halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it! Kittos! :D

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2016, 03:38:01 PM »
Yoooo so Animal Crossing, a game series that I've been pretty obsessed with on and off since I was about 9 or 10-ish I think. I'll go a few months binge playing constantly then just forget about it for a while, but I think that's how it goes for most folks who are into Animal crossing.

I'm considering deleting and restarting my village because first of all, it's homestuck themed after I made it at the peak of my homestuck hype, but now I'm over that hype so the theme doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'm actually thinking it might be fun to make an SSSS themed village if I did restart Lalli somehow becomes the mayor of a village of colorful cartoon animals There's also the fact that I've pretty much 'beat' the game as much as you can in an open world game that doesn't really have an ending. I don't know what else to do and the game isn't as fun without any more goals to reach. That's also the problem though, I have a bunch of rare limited edition furniture items you can't get anymore such as the entire zodiac set and I don't know how I feel about giving that up . . I might just do a big giveaway or something because the zodiac themed furniture was cool when I had a homestuck themed village but I don't know if I'd want or need it with my new house and village. But also, my 15 year old and 8 year old cousins have accounts in my village too and even though I only get to see them and let them play a few times a year it would probably make them really unhappy, especially the 8 year old . .

But now I'm thinking about how fun making an SSSS themed village would be, I could collect some of the more 'spooky' themed villagers such as Lucky. I've seen quite a few people do lovely winter themed villages too, or get a lot of the rustic / cabin themed furniture as well as the fun magical nature themed stuff like the flower set or the bug set. There's also a few ornaments I can get around my village that kind of look like ruins, such as Stonehenge and a stone tablet looking thing. Hmm yesssss :3c

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
Odin protect us, the steam summer sale is upon us!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »
[Animal Crossing]

Ah, yes, I remember playing Animal Crossing quite a lot when I was younger! I can't help you get rid of your stuff, as I think we have different versions (mine is the original gamecube one), but I think a SSSS themed one would be really cool! I remember when I first got the game, I didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing to name the town, and so I just started typing the name of the game into the space. I only got to "Animal C" before I ran out of spaces, though, and that's what my town ended up being named. It was sort of embarrassing at first, but whenever I restarted the game, I kept the name  ^-^

And on a different note that fits in this thread, I played Undertale for the first time about a week ago. I may be a little late to the party, but I'm really glad I did! It's my sort of game, and it's killing me trying to decide whether I should reset and do it again or leave them all be.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2016, 04:24:11 PM »
Quote from: Double H
Nooooo, I missed this by two hours. ;-;
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
Ah, yes, I remember playing Animal Crossing quite a lot when I was younger! I can't help you get rid of your stuff, as I think we have different versions (mine is the original gamecube one), but I think a SSSS themed one would be really cool! I remember when I first got the game, I didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing to name the town, and so I just started typing the name of the game into the space. I only got to "Animal C" before I ran out of spaces, though, and that's what my town ended up being named. It was sort of embarrassing at first, but whenever I restarted the game, I kept the name  ^-^

And on a different note that fits in this thread, I played Undertale for the first time about a week ago. I may be a little late to the party, but I'm really glad I did! It's my sort of game, and it's killing me trying to decide whether I should reset and do it again or leave them all be.

Yeah I have New Leaf so it totally wouldn't have been compatible, luckily a friend of mine let me keep a few things in her village while I reset  :D

Aaaand I now have the village "Silent" (because Silent World was too long . . ) with Mayor Lalli presiding over it. Right now my village is still pretty fresh so I don't have anything cool to show for it yet, but when I'm further along perhaps I can show some screen shots ~

Edit: Ahh undertale, it somehow managed to make me cry through all three final boss fights ;_;

Athena

« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »
Odin protect us, the steam summer sale is upon us!

(some profanity but I don't think videos show in spoilers)

GenericNerd

• The 'iiiiit' in 'wait for iiiit'.
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »
In hindsight I should have waited for the sale to buy Stellaris. In practice I am not that patient.