Author Topic: The Video Games Thread  (Read 144934 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Video Games Thread
« Reply #705 on: October 27, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
I'll be curious to see that *-*
My computer is too old for allowing me trying it, but they have a prototype on Steam.

Let's be honest, if I had Steam, I would probably waste so many hours playing Caesar III like when I was a teenager, or Ticket to Ride... ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
  • Hapless ham-fisted French
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #706 on: October 27, 2017, 05:42:12 PM »
My computer is too old for allowing me trying it, but they have a prototype on Steam.

Let's be honest, if I had Steam, I would probably waste so many hours playing Caesar III like when I was a teenager, or Ticket to Ride... ^^°

The design is very nice and cute hehe. I'll check on the prototype once back to my appartment, with my real gaming computer (because my laptop is a small sensible animal...).
Default settings: :france:
Oddly more or less mastered : :uk:
Studied it five years and still can't speak a word: :spain:
Seriously studying and can swear in this language: :german:

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
Go play Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. I have never had so much fun in an FPS lately besides DOOM 4.

In a time of mediocre shooters. ID software's IPs continue to dominate fun>story.

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2017, 01:26:34 AM »

It looks cool! I’ll have to try installing the demo, see if it works. I’ll let you know what I think! :)

Also, steam is doing a big Halloween sale! So I got the Amnesia collection, Kholat, Layers of Fear, Oxenfree, and SOMA. Now I just have to find time to play them all.....
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:28:22 AM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2017, 01:34:36 AM »
It looks cool! I’ll have to try installing the demo, see if it works. I’ll let you know what I think! :)

Also, steam is doing a big Halloween sale! So I got the Amnesia collection, Kholat, Layers of Fear, Oxenfree, and SOMA. Now I just have to find time to play them all.....

You'll love amnesia. Dark Descent is scary, but a machine for pigs is more philosophical. Along with soma.

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
  • Hapless ham-fisted French
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2017, 04:48:46 AM »

Noooooooo just when I don't have money :'( Why sales are always when I'm broke...
Default settings: :france:
Oddly more or less mastered : :uk:
Studied it five years and still can't speak a word: :spain:
Seriously studying and can swear in this language: :german:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #711 on: October 29, 2017, 05:27:44 AM »
All my free time lately has been going to playing Hollow Knight.

If you like Metroidvania type exploration and combat system, and a Dark Souls saving and death system and the similarly hidden lore, this is probably a game you will very much enjoy. It also helps that it's easily the prettiest 2D game I've seen in a long while. I like it even more than Ori and the Blind Forest's art (the quality is equal, but the style and atmosphere suit my tastes more).

Edit: Also, if you're a person like me who dislikes levelling systems - congratulations, this game doesn't have any. You get more powerful through equipping different types of equipment, upgrading your main weapons and spells, and getting better at playing. Screwing yourself over by picking wrong stats is not possible, and you can change builds whenever you like. Also brief warning: movement speed is an upgrade. To some the game might feel painfully slow at the start. It picks up relatively quickly, though (by the second area you get an upgrade that speeds things up).

Also the last free DLC for it just came out, so it's a good time to get it~
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:38:01 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #712 on: October 29, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »

I haven't played the other games but I can definitely recommend Oxenfree
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #713 on: October 29, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »
Not much for scary games but I did like what the first Bioshock game tried to do for scary moments.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #714 on: November 22, 2017, 08:44:53 PM »

Horror games *o*

Layers of Fear is great! Only thing is that it gets kinda tedious bc you have to play the whole thing 3 times if you want to see all the endings and there isn't very much difference in the main storyline before the endings.

I EFFING LOVE SOMA. I CANNOT EVEN WORDS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS GAME. It's scary and sci-fi and post apocalyptic and philosophical and beautiful and amazing and play all of it.

Amnesia collection is also good! The second one is more walking sim than the second one but it's good in its own way. Just don't expect it to be like the first one.

You should get the penumbra series. Also very good and not expensive.

Lmk what you think of Kholat, I've been considering that one.

Recently I played Observer which is by the Layers of Fear people. It was pretty good! It's a dystopian future murder mystery. I recommend having a strong stomach for that one tho. It gets gorey.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #715 on: November 24, 2017, 03:01:35 AM »
Recently I played Observer which is by the Layers of Fear people. It was pretty good! It's a dystopian future murder mystery. I recommend having a strong stomach for that one tho. It gets gorey.

I have seen Observer in action. It plays off of memories so well and there’s so much personality that it makes the walls bleed. While I would call it more horror story than murder mystery, I will also say that it’s a story to be looked into either way.
Also, I would suggest playing Observer in bursts, for some reason it’s great at causing motion sickness or something similar.

On a separate note, I have three big ($19 or more) ideas of games to get this Friday, but I’m unsure which one:
-Space Hulk: Deathwing
-Xcom 2: War of the Chosen
-Destiny 2?
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #716 on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
I finished Hyper Light Drifter. That was pretty neat.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #717 on: December 12, 2017, 03:47:08 PM »
I don't even know what Kojima is anymore. I've lost the ability to comprehend.

/>

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #718 on: December 12, 2017, 04:40:42 PM »
I don't even know what Kojima is anymore. I've lost the ability to comprehend.
I'm not sure whether I should be afraid or excited for a Kojima with creative freedom.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #719 on: December 12, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »
For you that got Uplay, you can get Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for free now up until the 18th december.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3: