Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 40955 times)

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
Spoiler: "a little blahblahblah because I love doing blahblahblah" • show
I have always loved animals and present myself as one of them. I remember being in kindergarten, I learned how very realistically imitate horses' neighing, and I loved horses, were horses everywhere @__@ I remember that once I called children from neighboring houses, and we ran into the field with tall grass and playing in Wolves (wow,not horses!). And then I was fascinated by spiritual garbage, I read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman and get crazy хD So I'm started wondering a long time ago what animal would describe me (what would be my dæmon\totem\luonto\blahblahblah).

I definitely could tell that my luonto a terrestrial predator. I mean, I absolutely can't see myself as something flying or floating. Something, that prefers to live alone, not in flock, but at the same time prefer to have their own kind somewhere on the periphery of vision (because I'm actually not the most sociable person in the world, I'm better off on my own). But there is still a huge selection! Big and small cats, wolves, different dogs, bears, raccoons, ferrets... I would rather die than read description EVERY of the predator and said "aha, I see myself in this s***".
And then I saw a link to test that you left here! So I decided to use it with words "well, why not? It's will be funny, anyway!"  ;D

And as a result the test gave me a cougar (puma concolor) and I'm just "yes, please?!"! Cougars prefer nocturnal and solitary lifestyle, can live in almost any terrain and hunt almost anyone, and they still don't like anybody! It's so me :'D  And what most importantly - I really can imagine it, and nothing in my mind & soul isn't against such turn of events :з

Spoiler: "some photos of cougars, in case if you forgot or do not know how they look" • show
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:43:13 AM by heiteru »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
I've never said anything here because I am the most indecisive creature on the planet, but I finally took that test and got spider, which I find hilarious because I would be constantly freaked out by my own luonto.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »
Spoiler: "a little blahblahblah because I love doing blahblahblah" • show
I have always loved animals and present myself as one of them. I remember being in kindergarten, I learned how very realistically imitate horses' neighing, and I loved horses, were horses everywhere @__@ I remember that once I called children from neighboring houses, and we ran into the field with tall grass and playing in Wolves (wow,not horses!). And then I was fascinated by spiritual garbage, I read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman and get crazy хD So I'm started wondering a long time ago what animal would describe me (what would be my dæmon\totem\luonto\blahblahblah).

I definitely could tell that my luonto a terrestrial predator. I mean, I absolutely can't see myself as something flying or floating. Something, that prefers to live alone, not in flock, but at the same time prefer to have their own kind somewhere on the periphery of vision (because I'm actually not the most sociable person in the world, I'm better off on my own). But there is still a huge selection! Big and small cats, wolves, different dogs, bears, raccoons, ferrets... I would rather die than read description EVERY of the predator and said "aha, I see myself in this s***".
And then I saw a link to test that you left here! So I decided to use it with words "well, why not? It's will be funny, anyway!"  ;D

And as a result the test gave me a cougar (puma concolor) and I'm just "yes, please?!"! Cougars prefer nocturnal and solitary lifestyle, can live in almost any terrain and hunt almost anyone, and they still don't like anybody! It's so me :'D  And what most importantly - I really can imagine it, and nothing in my mind & soul isn't against such turn of events :з

Spoiler: "some photos of cougars in case if you forgot or do not know how they look" • show

(tried taking out the comma in the spoiler heading to see if that would enable it to display)
Nope, that didn't work.
(tried changing the apostrophe in 'don't' to 'do not')
Success! Rewarded with pretty cougar pics!  Heiteru, please change your spoiler heading, as it doesn't like apostrophes!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:22:07 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2016, 08:45:39 PM »
(tried taking out the comma in the spoiler heading to see if that would enable it to display)
Nope, that didn't work.
(tried changing the apostrophe in 'don't' to 'do not')
Success! Rewarded with pretty cougar pics!  Heiteru, please change your spoiler heading, as it doesn't like apostrophes!

Yes, the spoilers won't open if you use an apostrophe in the title. All other punctuation seems okay.

Cougars are awesome!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
Just caught my cat eating peas out of the strainer in the sink. When I tried to pick him up and put him down, he climbed the screen over the window and is now hiding in the cupboard where the tea cups live.
If I had a luonto, it would be my cat.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »
Your cat is a Contrarian?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OwlsG0

« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2016, 01:29:07 AM »
Your cat is a Contrarian?

What does that mean? If we're talking about breed as far as I know he's some kind of short-hair and he was born to a feral mother. So was his sister, but she doesn't feel the need to hunter-gather like he does. Unless there are moths on offer.
I saw the future.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:43 AM »
Sorry! A Contrarian is a sentient being of any species, of whom the one thing you can be sure of is that they will do, say or think something utterly unexpected, out of the blue and incomprehensible. I think originally it was a philosophy, but the term has passed into slang.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OwlsG0

« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:51 AM »
Sorry! A Contrarian is a sentient being of any species, of whom the one thing you can be sure of is that they will do, say or think something utterly unexpected, out of the blue and incomprehensible. I think originally it was a philosophy, but the term has passed into slang.

In that case, no, my cat is totally predictable. A slave to his love of vegetables (any vegetables), number one enemy of socks and wiggly toes under blankets, scaler of trees (though I've had to get him out of one more than once), opponent of his sister, hater of the vacuum and occasional cuddle-bug.
I totally should have seen the vegetable thing coming. He got a bath last week and now every time I try to pick him up near any source of water, he thinks I'm about to wash yard dirt off him again and scrambles for the nearest hiding spot.
I saw the future.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2016, 05:59:57 AM »
Heiteru, please change your spoiler heading, as it doesn't like apostrophes!

Yes, the spoilers won't open if you use an apostrophe in the title. All other punctuation seems okay.

!!! I didn't know about it! Thank you for your sharp eyes! Changed it!
*remember for future: don't use apostrophe in spoiler code*
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2016, 10:52:15 AM »
Looks like mine's a crow. I'm fine with that, I have a lot of them at home so I know how intelligent they are when it comes to things that they want (mostly my fruit).
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
That's a lovely creature.

They certainly are, but I love it when they look like silly little dorks

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »
I got owl... *thinks about the implications of similarity to Onni*
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Wil Van Ture

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Desparately in need of Snow
  • Preferred pronouns: Any
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2017, 01:29:17 AM »
Well, according to the test I got Spider, but a Squirrel would probably be more fitting...  Probably some type of pine squirrel, likely a red squirrel.  Yep.
It's all fun and games until someone loses their mind.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2017, 04:59:46 AM »
The test said I'd have an otter, but half the questions didn't have any answers that fitted so I don't trust it :P
Powers: Healing

Otters are nurturing, playful, and easygoing.  You often put others’ needs before your own, offering what seems to be a bottomless well of compassion and care.  Though your decisions are guided by your feelings, at heart you’re pragmatic and self-possessed, making you the ideal head of a family or small business.

Best matches: Horses, Wolves, Swans
Watch out for: Foxes, Cougars, Hawks
I need to watch out for a lot of you people if this test is correct though...

Personally, I've always seen Golden Retriever as my Spirit Animal, because they love to play and fetch and they're always so happy and they love water but are also hindered by not being able to breathe under it and they make friends with everyone and if you bribe them with food they'll love you forever <3

According to ginger I'm a sheep though so I dunno :D
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.