Poll

Would you be Interested in a creative Writing group or Critique Circle?

Yes! I would love both of them!
27 (67.5%)
Yes! I want readers but I don't care for critique.
1 (2.5%)
Yes! Good Critique, sounds great.
3 (7.5%)
Hmm, I'm not sure I would have the time.
7 (17.5%)
Hmm, I think I could commit to this.
2 (5%)
No...(Please say why.)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Creative Writing Group?  (Read 14549 times)

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
Re: i invented a co-operative game to get myself and amity writing
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2018, 04:30:20 AM »
Does sound really interesting, and I happen to almost have enough dice for that (I'm one d4 short).
I need to focus more in writing myself, so maybe I should try and get this game going with somebody.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

hexdit

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Quickest Book-reading in the West
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: i invented a co-operative game to get myself and amity writing
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2018, 11:06:27 PM »
what about doing this in the forum? we could organize groups of three or four, and post the finished things in a separate thread.

EDIT: or in the General Scriptorium?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:08:37 PM by hexdit »
native: :usa:
learning: :japan:
someday: :vaticancity: :finland:
"I don't care what I say, I like me" - Erma Bombeck

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
Re: Creative Writing Group?
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »
Is this still a thing?

I apologize to the mods if it isn't.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2018, 12:12:10 PM »
Aaa I really wish I could take part in something like this, but I don't have a lot of time for reading/writing these days :/ But if this is still a thing and remains a thing for the next several months, I'd love to join in later
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2019, 11:49:24 AM »
Hijacking this thread because Creative Writing Group? Yes please.

I have entertained the idea of starting something up for a while now. It won't be much of the reading part of the writing, and instead we'll focusing on the actual writing of stuff.

Here's what I've been thinking about:
We'll get together a few times each week (I want to schedule stuff so as many as possible can find a group to join for), probably over at the IRC. I've chosen IRC partly because I'm used to it, partly because it's pretty simple and mostly because you don't need to create an account for using it. I'll gladly take other suggestions because this is still in the "I have this idea"-stage.

Sessions will last for a couple of hours (exact lenght of sessions is up for debate and we'll probably figure a good lenght out after a while). You can come and go as you want during this time but you might get confused :P
During the sessions we'll whine talk about writing, I'll try to come up with some silly short writing exercises* for whoever want them (these will be timed so you'll have 15 minutes to work but if you get into the zone feel free to continue when time's up) or you can just sit there and work on whatever WIP you have lying around. If interest and need exists we'll do wordwars (see who writes the most words in a set amount of time).

I'm not sure if we'll do any sharing of what we're writing during sessions, we'll sort that out later as well. Anyway, would anyone else be interested in a group like this? Because if no one is then there's little use of me even thinking about how to go ahead and do this :P

(I have a little experience in leading a writing circle, but I ain't no expert so if we do this please be patient with me <3)

*The goal of the writing exercises will not be to get awesome grammatically correct words onto a document, they'll be mostly to spark ideas**
**Also perhaps to try stuff out and learn new things. We'll see what happens.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.