Author Topic: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum  (Read 54991 times)

kahli

• Scout
Re: SSSS Crafting and Applied Arts Museum
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »
So! Hello again! It officially stopped being easter here half an hour ago, but I really wanted to share these. I saw Kahli's gorgeous eggs yesterday, and so today when my grandmother unexpectedly pulled out an egg dying kit after easter brunch, I just had to try to make them myself!

Also, happy (belated) Passover to those who celebrate it. My family happens to do both, so lots of good food this weekend! :D

Oooo! Very pretty! I love them! ;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »

Oooh, I love that you did the hannunvaakuna too! All the lovely egg art going on!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »
All you people and your awesome stuff!

So I've been working on a thing. My grandma and I have been talking about me making some needlepoint designs to sell since she goes to needlework trade shows a few times a year. (and painted canvases go for so much money, my gosh!) I've never painted on needlepoint canvas before, so I started to practice on some old, low-quality canvas. This is the first little practice piece!
And I'm quite aware of the major mistakes (such as one of the x's being a square too close)...since I'm not going to actually do anything with this one, I eventually got to the point of not caring. But I thought I'd share anyway. Plus a couple little doodles :P

Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 04:44:43 AM »

So I've been working on a thing. My grandma and I have been talking about me making some needlepoint designs to sell since she goes to needlework trade shows a few times a year. (and painted canvases go for so much money, my gosh!) I've never painted on needlepoint canvas before, so I started to practice on some old, low-quality canvas. This is the first little practice piece!
And I'm quite aware of the major mistakes (such as one of the x's being a square too close)...since I'm not going to actually do anything with this one, I eventually got to the point of not caring. But I thought I'd share anyway. Plus a couple little doodles :P

That looks so awesome! I wish I could do that tho
that girl in the corner speaking with that Icelandic/ Norwegian flag loks so similar to a drawing I made of me in school (?)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 05:30:35 AM »

Ooh! That might be interesting to some of the people on the yarncraft/handicraft thread. Would you mind sharing it there as well? :)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Legendancer

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
Hi! Long time lurker creeps out of the shadows of anonimity to add her two cents. Or maybe just one - it all depends on inflation. And my skills with a camera.  So let me show you what I came up with during the weekend:

And in case I messed up the image inserting (can't see it in preview no matter what I try, so probably), here's a link to the picture, too:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/33352687@N03/17261744706/
I know it's been almost half a year since Minna drew this picture, but the idea of the whole SSSS crew as cats kept haunting me in my crafting endeavors, and it was high time to let it out I guess. And there is no such a thing as having enough cats. I'm SO looking forward to the crew meeting their kitty!
Since I'm new to the forum, I'd like to ask for some help if this is not the right place to post this. Thank you.

Edit: I fail at inserting pictures.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:00:28 AM by Legendancer »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »
Hi! Long time lurker creeps out of the shadows of anonimity to add her two cents. Or maybe just one - it all depends on inflation. And my skills with a camera.  So let me show you what I came up with during the weekend:

And in case I messed up the image inserting (can't see it in preview no matter what I try, so probably), here's a link to the picture, too:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/33352687@N03/17261744706/
I know it's been almost half a year since Minna drew this picture, but the idea of the whole SSSS crew as cats kept haunting me in my crafting endeavors, and it was high time to let it out I guess. And there is no such a thing as having enough cats. I'm SO looking forward to the crew meeting their kitty!
Since I'm new to the forum, I'd like to ask for some help if this is not the right place to post this. Thank you.

AAAA THIS IS GREAT! What clay/plasticine/stuff do you use by the way- it looks like fantastic stuff! :3
I love Reynir-kitty's braided tail, and the cake detail! OuO

Also: welcome to the forum! :D
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »

Wow those clay cats are amazing
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »

Oh wooow, these are fantastic! You really showed off all their personalities <3
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »
blarg ART yay Is this even fanart? who cares anymore
I was bored. I was sick. I had a collection of unart-ified masks to be decorated. This was the result! I tried to make it after Lalli's dream troll thingy on the train  http://sssscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Trolls
here you go If you wish to see me wearing the mask... click the spoiler
Spoiler: show

god, I look so bored
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »
1. Yeah that does count as art because it doesn't go in cosplay.

And 2. THAT IS SUPER COOL

And about the pics I posted
I kinda cheated by upping the contrast and saturation a little. They still look pretty similar to the original drawings. And they are only so detailed because I have those drawings for when I don't have internet but I do have the urge to draw characters.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2015, 09:51:56 PM »
1. Yeah that does count as art because it doesn't go in cosplay.

And 2. THAT IS SUPER COOL

yay!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Stripey

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »
I make small leather keychains (among numerous other things) and was inspired to make these three based on the nifty patterns Minna has around her pages. 

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2015, 06:31:31 PM »
These are neat! The first one reminds me of a simplified endless knot. (Though it's a Buddhist symbol, so it probably wasn't meant to be similiar?)

You haven't read aRTD, have you? ;)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
These are neat! The first one reminds me of a simplified endless knot. (Though it's a Buddhist symbol, so it probably wasn't meant to be similiar?)
The endless knot is simultaneously more complicated and less standardized than the Hannunvaakuna.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15