Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 391201 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2550 on: July 24, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
Well, Reynir is an Icelandic citizen astray in the dangerous outside world. They'll want him back.

Only if they think he's important.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2551 on: July 24, 2017, 08:43:04 PM »
Only if they think he's important.

There aren't that many Icelanders, total.  Every Icelander is an important Icelander, I would think.  Also, my headcanon is that with no fewer than *four* children from the Dagrenning programme, this family is on the map with the authorities, even if this one is a 'natural.'
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 04:49:07 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2552 on: July 24, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
Plus I would not be surprised if those four Dagrenning siblings of Reynir's have enough influence to get things moving. Or if the Icelanders, due to their political position in the Known World, feel it as necessary as the Americans of our world used to do to ensure the safety of their wandering citizens.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #2553 on: July 25, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »
We're definitely seeing character development for Sigrun I think.  She really is a lot more caring and attentive than people give her credit for, as shown by her picking up on what Lalli is trying to do and wanting to help him with it.  She may not always be good at showing it, but she does care for the people under her command.  Losing one of them has hit her hard and she's trying to not let the others see it, and whether or not thats a good idea is debatable.
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Ilral

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2554 on: July 25, 2017, 01:39:15 PM »
We're definitely seeing character development for Sigrun I think.  She really is a lot more caring and attentive than people give her credit for, as shown by her picking up on what Lalli is trying to do and wanting to help him with it.  She may not always be good at showing it, but she does care for the people under her command.  Losing one of them has hit her hard and she's trying to not let the others see it, and whether or not thats a good idea is debatable.
I mean, you don't get to be a captain by being a bad leader.
:chap14:
:chap15:
:chap16:

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2555 on: July 25, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »
I'm pretty glad Mikkel got the clock out, poor Lalli looked like he was just about to get an aneurysm with everybody else discussing what to say in their own languages...
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2556 on: July 29, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
I'm pretty glad Mikkel got the clock out, poor Lalli looked like he was just about to get an aneurysm with everybody else discussing what to say in their own languages...

But at least now (pg 760) he is getting some space to do his duty to his family.
I'm not so sure about how well meatballs will serve a convalescent who's been in a coma for a few weeks, though, poor Onni.  Just eat the broth, okay?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #2557 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:01 AM »
I can imagine that it'll be even harder for Onni and Emil's family to talk about anything regarding the mission. It seems that he saw Tuuri's spirit before he woke up, so he probably knows she's dead. The family only knows that she was infected, the radio probably died with the cattank, and they certainly show no signs of believing a single thing that Onni lives with as a mage.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2558 on: July 30, 2017, 03:02:36 AM »
Actually, the radio dying with the cattank was confirmed on page 724.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2559 on: July 30, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
I can imagine that it'll be even harder for Onni and Emil's family to talk about anything regarding the mission. It seems that he saw Tuuri's spirit before he woke up, so he probably knows she's dead. The family only knows that she was infected, the radio probably died with the cattank, and they certainly show no signs of believing a single thing that Onni lives with as a mage.

Taru at least will believe him. She might be able to talk the others round a bit. And I don't think we have any info on Trond's views on magic. As a Norwegian he should at least be open to the idea that Onni has some insider knowledge.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Ilral

• Tumblr
« Reply #2560 on: July 30, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »
They knew she was bitten, though--she told them via radio in Chapter 14. I doubt any of them are seriously expecting her to make it back to the ship.

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
« Reply #2561 on: July 30, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »
But could they expect her to die so soon? Could any of them expect Onni to find out what's happened to her?
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2562 on: July 30, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »
But could they expect her to die so soon? Could any of them expect Onni to find out what's happened to her?

Taru likely could expect that of Onni, being Finnish and knowing how things tend to shake out in their culture/spiritual system - she's a former military strategist, she ought to be aware of the capacities of mages if she was any good at her job at all, and she wasn't particularly fazed to call out Torbjörn on the "struck by lightning inside the house" thing. Trond is a wildcard - but he's Norwegian, so he ought to at least believe in magic even if he's unclear on the Finnish system. Torbjörn and Siv? Not.

As for expecting Tuuri to die so soon... no. I don't think so. It must have been around ten days -possibly longer - since Odense, so she's perfectly in time for showing symptoms (two weeks being the normal quarantine duration), but Hilde Rasmussen lived another two weeks after showing symptoms, and it's been implied in the hospital flashback that people may survive longer (and then trollify), so Tuuri would have had time, physically (the voices are a different question, she may not have been herself), and it sounded like they were expecting her to make it to the ship from the last radio interaction there was. It also seemed like they were harbouring some hope that she might have gotten away somehow. Her suicide was out of the blue, and will probably be received as such.
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2563 on: July 31, 2017, 02:11:35 AM »
I doubt any of them are seriously expecting her to make it back to the ship.
To the ship, shouldn't have been a problem. Onto the ship while already showing symptoms, much less back off a quarantine ship when infected at all, no.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Ilral

• Tumblr
« Reply #2564 on: July 31, 2017, 02:34:59 AM »
To the ship, shouldn't have been a problem. Onto the ship while already showing symptoms, much less back off a quarantine ship when infected at all, no.
eh, same end result