Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 46435 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2015, 08:59:36 PM »
Laufey, you were wonderful!!  :D

And never deprecate your singing in my (actual or virtual) presence again.   >:(   So there.   8)

Yes very much agreed
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
Yes very much agreed

I second that! (Third? 164th? Something like that...)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »
whoop there's a non-ssss cosplay thread now! I can post my, ahem, attempts at cosplay!! I've found out that cosplaying isn't really my thing and I have more fun attending torucon as a volunteer, but I Tried:

first cosplay: eevee
Spoiler: warning: horrible • show

this is so long ago and very much improvised, made just right before the First Torucon because i had to cosplay as something, right? since the con was so small (300 people, max) and very few were actually cosplaying, I actually got a lot of nice comments from people there.

second cosplay: princess mononoke
Spoiler: show

this one isn't horrible and I'm pretty pleased with the mask actually

first photo by danarki, second picture by friend multi (this con was where i met her for the first time!!!!)

I went around in the city for this like a while. i took some selfies in a store when i was waiting for friends to get out of the changing cabins

third cosplay: flygon

I really like this one because I just made a bunch of accessories! including a Functional Hat if I ever wanna be lowkey flygon in winter

unfinished-and-may-never-be: john egbert
Spoiler: warning: homestuck trash • show

ha haha ha yeah...........

'cosplays' from attending midnight premieres for movies like the hunger games and the hobbit and stuff

elf?? I almost brought my bow and quiver but decided against it

I joined some Serious Cosplayers for the catching fire midnight premiere! we handed out prizes and stuff. I'm the random capitol person

katniss is starbit, other random capitol person is [url]batbunny[/url=https://www.facebook.com/batbunnycosplay?fref=ts], aand I don't know the cosplay pages for effie and haymitch sorry
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:37:52 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2015, 04:47:44 AM »
Morning all, I'm still a bit hyped from yesterday's show.  :D Caught a few questions now that I missed earlier: no mochi ice cream backstage,  alas, but soda, snacks and plenty of water. Radagast was another favourite of mine, her costuming and make-up skills were amazing. The Trondheim guy's cosplay was also on my favlist, besides he's pretty hilarious to be around (and what great taste of games)!

I think the winner may have been everyone's favourite, no one was surprised at her victory. I mentioned this before but the group spirit was great and very not competitive, and in fact just making it to NCC means you're already a winner. For me the best moment aside of the stage show was when one of my biggest cosplay idols came over to tell me she really liked our performance... I'm still a bit hyper about that! Now I have a day off and I'm planning on eating ALL THE MOCHI ICE CREAM and hitting the vendors hall, maybe a photoshoot w my Morrigan. A beer wouldn't go amiss either. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »
because this is the only good shot of me, even this is few years old now

I like this one too:

I had many cosplay, mostly simple one and mostly hetalia, and I am not good at making cosplays but I love them. also I never really had too many good shots of me in cosplay anyway, only this two I have found.

and an Extra:
Spoiler: my brother as "paper Mario" • show

I am so funny ;3;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

videovance

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
Laufey, that was a stunning performance! Your cosplay was amazing!! (also my friends who are obsessed with dragon age say they absolutely loved it!)

also I’m casually gonna drop these down because I don’t have any SSSS related cosplay yet (but I’m planning on fixing that soon 0u0)

Spoiler: the goods • show

These are the last two cosplays I did (which were both over a year ago, whoa!!)

Minori from Log Horizon:

It was super fun makin’ those poofy pants! 0u0

The windy dork guy from hamsteak (John Egbert) [gently high fives haiz for also doing a windy dork]

This is easily my favourite cosplay to date!! And of course I made the hammer:

Look at it. Pride and joy right there, folks (no seriously I love the hammer so much, iT'S MY FAVE (and also needs a repaint, yikes!))

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee haiz I love the flygon cosplay!! and martti, your hetalia cosplay is wonderful! (I laughed so much at the Paper Mario, oh man I'm so gonna make my brother do that too)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2015, 11:30:35 AM »
Ooh, I might as well throw these in. I haven't done much official cosplay because, well... I can't sew very well and I'm usually poor. BUT I love doing like, closet-cosplays... One day maybe when I have time I'd love to cosplay for real, but yeah... So... here's some stuff. Most of these are like, CELLPHONE PICTURES, my apologies.

Spoiler: "Cecily" from Welcome to Night Vale • show

maaay have posted this somewhere on the forum before, and if I have I apologize, but here is me cosplaying Fem!Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale for a live show last summer:

Featuring my best friend as Carlos (he is also the one that drew the eye for me! All in all I think it look us at least 2 hours to do the makeup... probably would've been less if I hadn't kept squirming and giggling XD ):

Shaky close-up of the tattoos before the show started:

I was dumb and didn't think to take a full-body picture until after I got home, 1 nightvale show and a few drinks with friends later, so this is A LITTLE messy, but shows off the boots:

Spoiler: Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica • show

This was ... gosh, at least 3 years ago! Maybe more! Nothing is the right color either soooo yeah.

:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »
Ooh, I might as well throw these in. I haven't done much official cosplay because, well... I can't sew very well and I'm usually poor. BUT I love doing like, closet-cosplays... One day maybe when I have time I'd love to cosplay for real, but yeah... So... here's some stuff. Most of these are like, CELLPHONE PICTURES, my apologies.

Spoiler: "Cecily" from Welcome to Night Vale • show

maaay have posted this somewhere on the forum before, and if I have I apologize, but here is me cosplaying Fem!Cecil from Welcome to Night Vale for a live show last summer:

Featuring my best friend as Carlos (he is also the one that drew the eye for me! All in all I think it look us at least 2 hours to do the makeup... probably would've been less if I hadn't kept squirming and giggling XD ):

Eeeeee!!! Nightvale cosplay!!! I love it! It's awesome! I've wanted to cosplay Cecil since forever :)

Also live show so jealous I want to go take me with you next time!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
I'm moving this here from the other thread, it's from a post I made a few weeks ago:

So I was talking to my sister about cosplay. She cosplays Homestuck stuff because she's cool and doesn't live under an internet rock like me. And we had a conversation that was sorta like this:

Me: I've never cosplayed before
Her: Yes you have
Me: No. When?
Her: Remember when you had your phantom of the opera phase?
Me: Ohhhhhhhhhh yeeeaaaaahhhhh. Wait. That was cosplay?
Her: *facepalm*

When I was in 9th and 10th grade I was obsessed with the phantom of the opera. And I made my own costume out of various clothing we had lying around the house. I still have the cape, sometimes I still wear it around the house :D

A funny story about the mask: I had to cut it because it was a huge mask made for a male face, and so when I was cutting parts of it off to fit my face I got rid of the attachy thingies that were there before. And then I had no idea how to get it to stay on my face. The night before I had to wear it I started experimenting. At first I tried tape. Then I got more creative. I thought maybe it would be a Really Good Idea to use my purple silly putty to stick it to my face. So I did. And it worked. Very well. And I was walking around with it stuck to my face for about an hour. Then I had to take it off. It came off ok. The silly putty did not. Looking in the mirror, I realized I now had melted purple silly putty stuck in my entire right hairline. I spent the next two hours pulling silly putty out of my hair. When I was done, my hairline was purple. The hair because it still had silly putty colour on it, the skin because it was bruised from me pulling on my hair for two straight hours. What can we learn from this? DO NOT STICK STUFF TO YOUR SKIN WITH SILLY PUTTY. EVER. In the end I found some clear fishing wire and tied it to my head, looping it through my hair so you couldn't see it. It was a MUCH BETTER solution. :D

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
Solovei, or anyone really;

"Fem!Cecil"?  I know it's not a spreadsheet reference to a value on a different worksheet; is it" Cecil, as played by s female?"
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

mamioja

• Just another labrat
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »

The whole forum: thank you so much guys!!! One of the best parts of this whole thing was you all backing me up, I was really, really happy to come back to this thread, most best ending for the awesomest competition!

I watced the competition with daughters live in TV. It was so awesome! You did so well, Laufey, we loved your performance!
When life gives you scraps make a quilt

survival :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:

Fluent in :finland: :uk:
Can get by :sweden:
Lost in time :germany:  :france:  :spain:  :russia:

Lived in :canada: :finland: :australia:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »
Solovei, or anyone really;

"Fem!Cecil"?  I know it's not a spreadsheet reference to a value on a different worksheet; is it" Cecil, as played by s female?"

Pretty much: Fem!Cecil is the female version of Cecil. It's a little different from simply a female person playing Cecil, because a girl could (and many do) cosplay male characters. In this beautiful cosplay, Cecil(y) is deliberately turned into a woman.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:40 AM »
Finally on our way home, but Stockholm first! The con was great fun and I hope I managed to convince the Thorin cosplayer to read ssss and cosplay Sigrun... she'd be so perfect. Norwegian - check. Tall - check. Very Sigrun-esque personality - check. I'll be doing a Sigrun cosplay myself as my next project, but there can never be too many Sigruns.

I found out you can get candy-flavour sparkling water in Sweden. Amazed, guys, I'm amazed!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2015, 07:04:59 AM »
Finally on our way home, but Stockholm first! The con was great fun and I hope I managed to convince the Thorin cosplayer to read ssss and cosplay Sigrun... she'd be so perfect. Norwegian - check. Tall - check. Very Sigrun-esque personality - check. I'll be doing a Sigrun cosplay myself as my next project, but there can never be too many Sigruns.

Yay for converting more people! I am currently in the process of converting my roommate :D

I found out you can get candy-flavour sparkling water in Sweden. Amazed, guys, I'm amazed!

What is the difference between candy flavoured sparkling water and just regular soda?

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2015, 09:11:27 AM »

What is the difference between candy flavoured sparkling water and just regular soda?

Less aggressive sweetening & carbonation, plus no coloring, maybe?
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)