Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2384900 times)

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8580 on: July 23, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »
*sits on suitcase*
leave my clothes alone

So are you going to have to haul your suitcase all over Prague now, just to keep Violas out of your clothes? :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8581 on: July 23, 2015, 05:07:04 PM »
So are you going to have to haul your suitcase all over Prague now, just to keep Violas out of your clothes? :D
hmmm
maybe i'll leave it in the mirror maze where you'll never find it

but for the moment im gonna use it as a nest to sleep in because im hecka tired
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8582 on: July 23, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
*sits on suitcase*
leave my clothes alone

I didn't say anything about clothing. Maybe I just want to pop by for a quick visit? *looks very innocent*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8583 on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »
what the heck are sailors doing in the czech republic

*Shrugs* No idea. Surely you must have seen them though, prancing about down by the river. Maybe they are some kind of Village People cult.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:18:39 PM by Fimbulvarg »

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #8584 on: July 23, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
*skids to a stop in the middle of the thread*

I'm alive! I also have great news! I'm moving! Getting into a bigger and better place! Woot! So if I'm scattered or missing for a couple weeks that's why. I'll try to post pics as I can.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #8585 on: July 24, 2015, 01:39:20 AM »
Yup, that is adulthood. Good luck with everything... and I hope you get better. I've had health problems my entire adulthood (What, you just turned 20? HERE HAVE SOME CANCER) but it's been okay. :)
Oh, fun. :(

And I did indeed jinx myself yesterday. It must be that prophetic thing again.
*getting out piece of glass*
*glass swings into my thumb, cutting it in three places*
*goes to get paper towel*
Framer: "Is the glass for [customer] getting cut?"
Me: "Yup! I'm working on it!" *displays thumb* "Evidence!"
Framer: "Aw! Your first cut in the frameshop?"
Me: "Actually twenty-third, fourth, and fifth."

Also one of the cashiers told my boss that I'm really good with customers!
Of course most of my interactions go like this:
Me: :) Good morning/afternoon! Can I help you?:)
Customer: Yeah, I want *fill in the blank*
Me: :)
Me: :) Okay, let me go and get you one of our framers, and he can help you, okay?:)

Babysitting went well. They're sweet kids, although I always forget how high-intensity and absolutely draining children are at those ages (three, five, and seven). The little girl is a cuddle-bug, the middle boy sensitive and eager to please, and the oldest is conscientious and smart. I had a good time with them, even if I am now past the point of complete exhaustion.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8586 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
Babysitting went well. They're sweet kids, although I always forget how high-intensity and absolutely draining children are at those ages (three, five, and seven). The little girl is a cuddle-bug, the middle boy sensitive and eager to please, and the oldest is conscientious and smart. I had a good time with them, even if I am now past the point of complete exhaustion.

Aw, that sounds adorable.  Did you play hairdresser salon with them, like Emil?
I can certainly empathize about kids being draining, even -- maybe especially -- when they're fun to be around.  I spend a lot of time with my nieces and nephews (now ages 8 to 15) and it is *quite* a workout.  (Particularly when you're playing "Wizard of Oz" and guess who has to be the Wicked Witch of the West and be dramatically melted about 6 times in a row...  :o )
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #8587 on: July 24, 2015, 01:50:54 AM »
*skids to a stop in the middle of the thread*

I'm alive! I also have great news! I'm moving! Getting into a bigger and better place! Woot! So if I'm scattered or missing for a couple weeks that's why. I'll try to post pics as I can.

Congrats!  That's great about getting a bigger and better place (not really an option here in the overcrowded Bay Area).  We'll look forward to pictures of your new home when you have a chance. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #8588 on: July 24, 2015, 04:54:21 AM »
Go for it Laufey! XD

I am fighting "Alex" since an hour. Why on earth did I have to buy anything with so many drawers? Ikea naturally wants me to put each piece together on my own (yes I knew that beforehand) but... but...

and forward I go, only two more pieces of furniture to fight when I am done with that  :-[
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8589 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:08 AM »
Right I don't like the sound of that... better device a back-up plan that includes every known spot with ac. And more mochi ice cream. I'm going home 10kg fatter, or at least that's the plan.

I don't know how hot the Reynir costume is, but expect 19 degrees and sunny/partially overcast. Sounds like a good excuse for an ice cream bonanza though.

I am fighting "Alex" since an hour.

I thought Alex was a person there for a moment. Welcome to the wonderous world of IKEA self-assembly.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8590 on: July 24, 2015, 08:16:18 AM »
I didn't say anything about clothing. Maybe I just want to pop by for a quick visit? *looks very innocent*

OH AND MÉLUSINE GAVE ME COOKIES?

YELLS IN EXCITEMENT

and they're actually really good

im actually about to head out and meet up with her now! phew, work for this week finally over. I enjoy working in the kitchens, actually - as far as repetitive tasks go, peeling apples is pretty enjoyable. I guess I get to add an artistic flair to it that I can't with cutlery. but it's also nice to finally remove all the stains from my glasses afterwards, too... apple juice, blood orange juice, cottage cheese fluid... ew.
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8591 on: July 24, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »

Awwww don't give me that look ;)

A small relfection on my time so far in Iceland:
It's so strange for me at least to have this kind of freedom. Before when I was living with my parents it was always what they wanted to do, and I'm not used to doing what I want to do and hanging out with friends so much and just not coming home to sleep on a whim. There's just so much new and so much freedom. I feel so much less stressed and I feel like I have so much space. I'm learning that so many things I thought were scary or horrible are really not so bad and I can do so much more than I thought I was capable of. I am learning how to be responsible with things on my own, and I feel like I'm finally learning how to live after years of having someone tell me what to do. I am really enjoying myself here. I don't think I've laughed so hard so often before. Aside from the one really awkward incident the other day everything is going really well and I am very glad that I will be living on my own now.

The only slightly less than good news is that I think I might have made a mistake in climbing Esja while being slightly sick from the camping trip because now I think I might have a fever and I feel kinda dizzy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:20:53 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #8592 on: July 24, 2015, 11:17:57 AM »
Aw, that sounds adorable.  Did you play hairdresser salon with them, like Emil?
I can certainly empathize about kids being draining, even -- maybe especially -- when they're fun to be around.  I spend a lot of time with my nieces and nephews (now ages 8 to 15) and it is *quite* a workout.  (Particularly when you're playing "Wizard of Oz" and guess who has to be the Wicked Witch of the West and be dramatically melted about 6 times in a row...  :o )
I missed my chance! (It would have been a really bad idea though, since my hair would've been the only stuff long enough and last time I let somebody play with my hair I had to spend over an hour taking out the braids)
Kids are unreal. I love them so much.

YELLS IN EXCITEMENT

and they're actually really good

This reminds me, I was laughing so hard the other day because Lallicousin let me look at his notebook (I love seeing peoples' notes to themselves, it's like a peek into their minds) and on the first page was written: "cookies" second page: "cookies?" third page: "COOKIES!!!"

(It was because he was trying to remember to bake cookies to bring to work. He's also got Mikkel tendencies.)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8593 on: July 24, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »

YELLS IN EXCITEMENT

YELLS WITH YOU IN EXCITEMENT those do look really good...

A small relfection on my time so far in Iceland:
It's so strange for me at least to have this kind of freedom. Before when I was living with my parents it was always what they wanted to do, and I'm not used to doing what I want to do and hanging out with friends so much and just not coming home to sleep on a whim. There's just so much new and so much freedom. I feel so much less stressed and I feel like I have so much space. I'm learning that so many things I thought were scary or horrible are really not so bad and I can do so much more than I thought I was capable of. I am learning how to be responsible with things on my own, and I feel like I'm finally learning how to live after years of having someone tell me what to do. I am really enjoying myself here. I don't think I've laughed so hard so often before. Aside from the one really awkward incident the other day everything is going really well and I am very glad that I will be living on my own now.

The only slightly less than good news is that I think I might have made a mistake in climbing Esja while being slightly sick from the camping trip because now I think I might have a fever and I feel kinda dizzy.

It sounds like this trip has been really good for you!  ;D But you should take it easy if you're feeling sick (and also maybe find a thermometer to check for sure if you have a fever, because then you should go get some medicine). *sends chicken noodle soup*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8594 on: July 24, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
Help yourself!

Done!  ;D
I posted RTR's drawing where I thought it was most appropriate.  I keep botching up the img code, so I have to ask you to click the URL, and scroll back one image--or else click on the 1st PhotoStream image grouped below the initial picture.   :P
https://m.flickr.com/photos/126519674@N08/18693608626/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:37:16 PM by ReturnOfDaveBro »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)