Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2336430 times)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17835 on: November 22, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
Does anybody know what the music is playing during the short promo video?????????????????
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #17836 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:05 AM »
Repealing of Net Neutrality in the US \o/ Haven't seen this pop up yet here, though it's finally actually becoming a thing all over the internet now due to the actual announcement of the date of the vote. If you're in the US and you haven't heard about this, you probably should look it up: https://www.battleforthenet.com/ (yes, it's happening again. Like clockwork, yay u___u)
Am notified of private messages via email.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17837 on: November 22, 2017, 05:05:32 AM »
Lenny, thanks for putting up that information. The internet has enough problems without being taxed, restricted and over-censored. What next? Air?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #17838 on: November 22, 2017, 02:37:44 PM »
Does anybody know what the music is playing during the short promo video?????????????????

It's "Where" by Little Clubthing, it's taken from the middle of the song.
https://soundcloud.com/little-clubthing/where
Spoiler: show

It starts at 1:32
/>
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #17839 on: November 23, 2017, 09:56:58 AM »
With how much money the kickstarter has raised in such a short time, I truly wonder just how successful a possible patreon for Minna would be if Finnish law wasn't so weird about it.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #17840 on: November 23, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »
Happy thanksgiving minnions.

Róisín

« Reply #17841 on: November 23, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
And to you, and good wishes for the harvest and the coming winter.

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #17842 on: November 23, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »
It's "Where" by Little Clubthing, it's taken from the middle of the song.
https://soundcloud.com/little-clubthing/where
Spoiler: show

It starts at 1:32
/>

Basse, thank you very much for that. I'll have to see what else they have.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #17843 on: November 24, 2017, 07:42:11 AM »
I won’t put that in the comfort corner because I am more blasée that sad, but today when I arrived at the home I work, the mother had an appointment with two ladies (about selling the flat). I have two babies, I try to have them quiet and begins to feed them. A few minutes after, the ladies go. Not a look, not a word for me in the corridor with baby G. waving and saying goodbye at this moment. (Nothing for her either.) Ladies and gentlemen, I met people considering me as a piece of furniture due to my job.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17844 on: November 24, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »
I won’t put that in the comfort corner because I am more blasée that sad, but today when I arrived at the home I work, the mother had an appointment with two ladies (about selling the flat). I have two babies, I try to have them quiet and begins to feed them. A few minutes after, the ladies go. Not a look, not a word for me in the corridor with baby G. waving and saying goodbye at this moment. (Nothing for her either.) Ladies and gentlemen, I met people considering me as a piece of furniture due to my job.

I'm sorry that was so stressful for you.  Looking after small children is stressful enough without trying to be oh-so-clean and quiet and aesthetic as well.  But don't take it personally, it's not about you or the nature of your job, because from the buyer's POV, you need to keep a poker face on the whole time you're in the property.  You must appear neutral, because if you're too gushy or animated about it, the seller may try to take advantage of you (some go further and disparage everything while they're there, to give leverage for bargaining down later)(and bleargh to them).  Once safely away, the ladies may have relaxed and gushed about the flat and the sweet children and lovely nanny to one another.   
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #17845 on: November 24, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »
I disagree. I don't think that a simple greeting to the nanny and children counts as "gushing" or impacts the house deal in any way. So we're supposed to give up on basic civility when it MIGHT paint us as soft and worthy to be taken advantage of? Really? No. Greet the people who are in a private place you enter, there's no good excuse not to. It can happen under stress and such, but doing it deliberately is not good in my books.
Mélusine, I'm sorry this happened to you, it's in really bad taste.

Róisín

« Reply #17846 on: November 24, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
I agree with Sc0ut. Basic courtesy is never out of place. *hugs Mélusine and waves to baby*

Mélusine

« Reply #17847 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
They seemed to be that kind of person having a lot of contempt for the ones not at their level (of Parisian way of life with a loooooot of money : no metro, are you mad ? And going outside of the city, why ?) If I'm a nanny, I'm obviously someone not clever enough to have a better job and better pay, right ? How could we talk to these inferior persons ? Do they only deserve it ?
I'm not mad for me. I won't change them and will never see them again anyway. I'm more mad for the babies. They're learning how to be with other persons, and G. waves a lot, says "Coucou !" to unknown persons in common transports, has her way to say goodbye too and is never as much happy than when someone smiles back to her, waves, says hi. (Róisín, she would totally answer to you !) She was doing something nice, the right thing to do. And the ladies answer (lack of answer) is just wrong.
And yes : this kind of person still exists, even if I'm not in the richest area. Oh, wait, they would probably never employ someone wearing jeans to take care of their children, it wouldn't look good enough :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

« Reply #17848 on: November 25, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »
One of the babies whose parents are customers at the market always waves to me, and I wave back. He makes noises and is obviously very happy that I understand he is trying to speak, and I will make some answer back, or sing a note or whistle a birdcall to him. He likes that, laughs and kicks his feet and tries to whistle too. It's really sweet.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:06:27 AM by Róisín »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #17849 on: November 25, 2017, 02:38:56 PM »

Because every time someone falls in the ice and snow, it is undoubtedly the queen's fault XD

Now I wanna know who fell while ice skating and tried to sue the queen.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help