Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2345924 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17850 on: November 27, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »

Because every time someone falls in the ice and snow, it is undoubtedly the queen's fault XD

Now I wanna know who fell while ice skating and tried to sue the queen.

The Queen, being the sovereign of Canada, is the one being defended in any lawsuits against the states.

So in jurisprudence, a case will often look like "So and So vs. Her Majesty the Queen"
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #17851 on: November 27, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »
The Queen, being the sovereign of Canada, is the one being defended in any lawsuits against the states.

So in jurisprudence, a case will often look like "So and So vs. Her Majesty the Queen"

Yeah, I just find it kinda funny that they have to put all that in there for official reasons.

One time at an event at work there was a photographer and we all had to sign disclosure forms that said something to the extent that we were giving the queen permission to take photos of us through the representation of this person.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17852 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »
I wish I had time for the forumssss these days :(
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17853 on: November 27, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
Yeah, I just find it kinda funny that they have to put all that in there for official reasons.

One time at an event at work there was a photographer and we all had to sign disclosure forms that said something to the extent that we were giving the queen permission to take photos of us through the representation of this person.

Don't you sometimes feel pressured to do things you might not want to do, though? Saying no to the queen is a bit daring :D

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #17854 on: November 27, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »
Don't you sometimes feel pressured to do things you might not want to do, though? Saying no to the queen is a bit daring :D

Not really.  ....although I had to swear an oath of loyalty to the Queen when I started working for the government so maybe I am just one of her mindless zombies now  :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17855 on: November 27, 2017, 02:35:52 PM »
I wish I had time for the forumssss these days :(
But I trust RL is being good to you lately?  Business (and in its original connotation of busy-ness) happens. 

The Queen is the titular head of state for New Zealand as well, which still sort-of blows my mind.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17856 on: November 28, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »
...wondering if I just stumbled across a troll paper or if they just didn't think anyone was actually going to read the paper.

the existing concepts about the Habitable Zone completely overlooked the risk posed by Zombie attacks.

We propose indeed a new biomarker completely overlooked in previous studies: beer. We argue this biomarker is universal: everyone drinks beer and, contrary to wine and vodka, non-alcoholic beer does exist. Another robust piece of evidence is that beer is cheaper than water and sodas in most parts of Earth.

Wait a minute...

*looks at date*

Yep, April 1st. I should have known.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17857 on: November 30, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
But I trust RL is being good to you lately?  Business (and in its original connotation of busy-ness) happens. 

Oh, absolutely.  Just the combination of being onsite at a client and not having my laptop most of the time, and then going out to dinner every single night.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #17858 on: December 02, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »
New laptop has arrived, xourtesy of my older brother because I am a government wage slave and can't afford noce things.

Pros: holycrap it's an awesome laptop.

Cons: I'm too busy to be home and get ot set up and recover data off the one that died the night of black friday.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17859 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »
New laptop has arrived, xourtesy of my older brother because I am a government wage slave and can't afford noce things.

Cons: I'm too busy to be home and get ot set up and recover data off the one that died the night of black friday.

Wow, big kudos to your brother!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #17860 on: December 02, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »

Nice of your brother, I hope you'll be able to recover the data fast
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #17861 on: December 02, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »
Heyo, I've been keeping an eye on /tg/ and the SSSS PnP RPG.
Here's the core rules now, it's about 75 pages long. It's a thing, read it! I mean, if you want to.

https://github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr/blob/master/Vikingr%20Core%20Rulebook%20Draft%2011.pdf
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #17862 on: December 02, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »
Here's the core rules now, it's about 75 pages long. It's a thing, read it! I mean, if you want to.

https://github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr/blob/master/Vikingr%20Core%20Rulebook%20Draft%2011.pdf

It's a thing indeed! Holy moly, somebody has put some time, probably a lot of time, into this. It will be interesting to see where this goes and if it catches on. It will take a while to digest all 75 pages.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #17863 on: December 03, 2017, 12:06:55 AM »

The threads have kind of been lagging lately desu. Have fa/tg/uys lost interest again in an SSSS RPG?

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #17864 on: December 03, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
The threads have kind of been lagging lately desu. Have fa/tg/uys lost interest again in an SSSS RPG?
A few threads ago, there was an agreement to stick to ~1 a week on saturdays. This attempt has certainly got further then the previous abortive attempt. But yeah, it's going on slowly. As long as it continues to be updated, I'm happy.
It'll be slow until they get another cute picture of Reynir and can debate how it affects their sexuality.
Or one of Lalli, or Emil. Frankly, anything sort of discussion that should go on /cm/.
It's a thing indeed! Holy moly, somebody has put some time, probably a lot of time, into this. It will be interesting to see where this goes and if it catches on. It will take a while to digest all 75 pages.
Yeah, somebody clearly has two obsessions: RPGs and SSSS.

Also, whoops, forgot the GM's handbook. Which, in usual /tg/ fashion, puts pressure towards actual RP and not being murderhobos.
https://github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr/blob/master/Vikingr%20Game%20Master's%20Handbook%20V4.pdf
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:47:59 AM by GunmanRex »
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot