Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2374576 times)

Rhynerd

• Ranger
  • Positively Rhynerdy!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17610 on: September 13, 2017, 03:52:44 AM »
There's an SSSS discord chat? How long have we had an SSSS discord chat and would I find anything to say in it if I were to join?
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:
This fellow here Is responsible for my current avatar.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #17611 on: September 13, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
There's an SSSS discord chat? How long have we had an SSSS discord chat and would I find anything to say in it if I were to join?
It's been around for a good while! You may find something to say. It's not exclusively for chatting about the comic.

Roulietta

• DeviantArt
  • Hapless ham-fisted French
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #17612 on: September 13, 2017, 06:55:57 AM »
What the ???  O_O is that thing ?
Default settings: :france:
Oddly more or less mastered : :uk:
Studied it five years and still can't speak a word: :spain:
Seriously studying and can swear in this language: :german:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17613 on: September 13, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »
One day I really needed to decompress after work, and instead I waste my whole evening fighting with my computer because the pdf reader abruptly decided it didn't feel like working anymore. (It was perfectly fine when I was using it for work.) If I can't read, I can't write. And if I spend several hours wanting to fling my laptop out the window, I can't relax. I'm three papers behind and I've gotten no writing done, all thanks to a stupid piece of software.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #17614 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
Computers will save you lots of time.

Then they will steal every bit of it back again; twice over, plus aggravation.

Good luck, Lazy8!

-- I don't know either what that thing is, or what a discord chat is. I expect I could find out; but see above.

Signed, thorny the clueless.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17615 on: September 13, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »
...I figured out what was wrong while I was brushing my teeth. I had my computer on a dual screen earlier, and when I closed out the window, it was on the external monitor rather than on my laptop. So it wasn't that it wasn't opening, it just wasn't showing up, because it was being projected onto a screen that no longer existed.

Of course, now it's too late to actually read those papers I had lined up for tonight...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #17616 on: September 13, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
Xavier renegade angel has reawoken me to the existential crisis I've just barely gotten over in the years.

Welp, that broke my brain. I'll see you all in the electric yellow inverse the duality sandwich beg the thanks of Birmingham? Yes.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17617 on: September 13, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »
Today's big surprise is a new CEO for $EMPLOYER
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #17618 on: September 15, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »
So, I discover that stupid persons destroyed more an abandoned place I went to help a friend in her photo project, because they "wanted to do something cool (!) with mini motorcycles inside a old house". Yeah, and the huge ugly tag on the beautiful painting in the stairs ? Motorcycles in the stairs ? Pretending respecting urbex and just doing the worst things possible for old places ? Why, people, why are you so stupid ? *Facepalms*
(I think that I'm angry.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17619 on: September 16, 2017, 03:04:46 AM »
Mélusine, sympathy and hugs! I hatehate hate when fools do stuff like that. I remember the photographs, it looked like such a magical and romantic place. I have been doing urbex since long before there was a word for it, and the whole point is to explore without disturbing, to pass through the spaces like a shadow and leave no trace, to look and not mess with things, as if you were visiting the time they come from. The most I've ever done is pick fruit from abandoned gardens, and rescue a violin from under the floorboards of a house that was being demolished.

I think I'm angry too.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #17620 on: September 16, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »
So this happened:

Yesterday I was thinking "it would be weird if Harry Dean Stanton was the next cast member of Alien to die" [it would be weird because John Hurt died earlier this year and that would follow the order of the deaths in the movie; yeah I have happy thoughts like that all the time].

And then today, I learned that he died. Yesterday.

And the weirdest part is something like that *happened to me already*, earlier this year.

On the 16th of July, I suddenly had a hintch to listen to the soundtrack of "Night of the Living Dead". So I did.

Then, 2 days later, I learned that George Romero, director of "Night of the Living Dead", had died. On the 16th.

Kinda spooked right now.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17621 on: September 16, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »
Rollo, that sort of prescience is weird, isn't it? The most annoying part is that it is so rarely about anything even vaguely relevant. Might be more useful if it were!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #17622 on: September 16, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
Wait... wut George Romero is dead?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #17623 on: September 16, 2017, 05:10:51 PM »
Mélusine, sympathy and hugs! I hatehate hate when fools do stuff like that. I remember the photographs, it looked like such a magical and romantic place. I have been doing urbex since long before there was a word for it, and the whole point is to explore without disturbing, to pass through the spaces like a shadow and leave no trace, to look and not mess with things, as if you were visiting the time they come from. The most I've ever done is pick fruit from abandoned gardens, and rescue a violin from under the floorboards of a house that was being demolished.

I think I'm angry too.
At least I've been lucky enough to follow my friend and been one of these discreet person seeing the past of this place and how it was becoming old. When the painting was still wonderful, when there was still a special atmosphere there. I'll keep these memories with me.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17624 on: September 16, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
Mélusine, what a shame to see an old building ruined like that. I've never much had the chance, but I've always wanted to explore places like that.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:13:10 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race