Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2331825 times)

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17430 on: June 22, 2017, 11:49:41 PM »
August is brutal where I live (and of course that's the only part of the summer I'm not missing...)

And then people who live in hot climates are prolly laughing at how wimpy we are. But I laugh at your wimpy "tolerance" of the cold. So there
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Shine

• Ranger
  • I'm probably a person.
« Reply #17431 on: June 23, 2017, 02:29:00 AM »
August is brutal where I live (and of course that's the only part of the summer I'm not missing...)

And then people who live in hot climates are prolly laughing at how wimpy we are. But I laugh at your wimpy "tolerance" of the cold. So there
I laugh at your puny climatic inadequacies! Through my mixture of powerful northern blood and resilient mediterranean blood (or maybe it was resilient northern blood and...whatever, no one cares) I am capable of wearing light jackets until 0C and breathing unassisted at temperatures over 40C!

So long as it's relatively dry, of course, humid heat can go die in a fire.
Native :italy:
Fluent :uk: :germany:
Want to learn :norway: :finland:

Survived:        :chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17432 on: June 23, 2017, 03:06:30 AM »
I'm with you there, Shine! Though I much prefer the cold, where I live now regularly reaches high 40s in summer, and will probably get hotter. Coldest we've had here is -12 C. I can live with both extremes, but humid heat is the worst!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #17433 on: June 23, 2017, 12:25:18 PM »
I don't much enjoy humid heat, but in general the warmer the weather is the happier I am. I usually have to wear a sweater in a regular room-temperature room, so warm sunny weather is really nice.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #17434 on: June 23, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
Instead of writing the essays that I need to write for Health, I've spent the past 20 minutes finding information and writing the equivalent of an essay to disprove someone in the YouTube comments of a video that was saying sea level rise isn't a problem. Clearly this has been time well-spent. Tho it was still fun, even if they are prolly going to ignore everything I wrote.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17435 on: June 23, 2017, 01:09:31 PM »
Glad midsommar!
Glade midtsommer!
God midtsommer!
Hyvää juhannusta!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #17436 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »
I had a horrible migraine last night

sorry to hear that

(Completely unrelated, the Village Voice has published perhaps the greatest movie review in history)

That is an excellent review. I suspect parts of it could be applied many recent movies...
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #17437 on: June 24, 2017, 04:59:02 AM »
That is an excellent review. I suspect parts of it could be applied many recent movies...
I guess the secret to writing such is to take your PC along to the grand premiere and whack the director with the keyboard while you have him at hand. :'D

(I pondered to write "whack him silly", but I guess that might be a task that makes the search for the Holy Grail pale in comparison.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #17438 on: July 02, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
For all your cute baby bunny needs.

An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17439 on: July 03, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #17440 on: July 05, 2017, 07:27:52 AM »
I am in the US south right now, and man. The dangerous thing about 4th of July celebrations is not the fireworks (though they are many and loud). It is the extremely good and large quantity of food :'''''3
Am notified of private messages via email.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17441 on: July 06, 2017, 02:26:46 AM »
I am in the US south right now, and man. The dangerous thing about 4th of July celebrations is not the fireworks (though they are many and loud). It is the extremely good and large quantity of food :'''''3

I'm jealous!!! I didn't get my yearly funnel cake in and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to.

Ack, I hope you successfully revive your lavender! I was sick all last week and my succulent ended up quite neglected. It had shriveled almost completely away by the time I was lucid enough to pay attention. There's also some weird mold looking type stuff on it, and the main stem snapped so I fear it is gone.  :'(
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17442 on: July 07, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »
Ack, I hope you successfully revive your lavender! I was sick all last week and my succulent ended up quite neglected. It had shriveled almost completely away by the time I was lucid enough to pay attention. There's also some weird mold looking type stuff on it, and the main stem snapped so I fear it is gone.  :'(

Thanks! And I do hope your succulent survives!

Also, my dad used to have a thing set up which made it so I couldn't access wifi after 11:00 (it was so we wouldn't stay up too late when we were younger, he just forgot to turn it off) and I asked him about it and he turned it off - Master has given Dobby internet! Dobby is finally freeee!~ :))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17443 on: July 07, 2017, 02:14:12 AM »
Luth, now you will just have to learn to deal with going to school on two hours' sleep.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17444 on: July 07, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
Luth, now you will just have to learn to deal with going to school on two hours' sleep.

Sleep is for the weak and sickly.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: