Author Topic: Fanvideos  (Read 46325 times)

Soikia

• You never know when you'll need swing music
Re: Fanvideos
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »
I ended up getting inspired by this thread to try making my first video ever - and I'm pretty pleased with seeing as I went in with no experience at all haha;;

Today I learned that matching pictures with song lyrics is a lot harder than I thought it would be ???

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »
I ended up getting inspired by this thread to try making my first video ever - and I'm pretty pleased with seeing as I went in with no experience at all haha;;

Today I learned that matching pictures with song lyrics is a lot harder than I thought it would be ???
[youtube width=200]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24dFPZd8jMQ[/youtube]
"first video ever" "no experience at all"
You, my dear, are magical, and I am very glad that the thread inspired you and I hope that you contribute many more videos in the future!
Also I love this song so much and now you've got me on a Mumford and Sons kick
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Soikia

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
"first video ever" "no experience at all"
You, my dear, are magical, and I am very glad that the thread inspired you and I hope that you contribute many more videos in the future!
Also I love this song so much and now you've got me on a Mumford and Sons kick

Ahhhh thank you! I found the song while reading SSSS and found it fitting so I was like "eh lets try this out"
In the end I think I found a new hobby  ;D

I definitely will contribute more videos! I have a few in mind but I feel like its a good time to take a break - that video took about 4 hours since I was still trying to to figure things out hah

good Mumford and Sons is a great kick to be on

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2015, 11:17:20 PM »
I love Blues, I love Hoyt Axton, I love SSSS, so I decided to put them all together and now I'm sad.
http://1drv.ms/1CFVPuo
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Soikia

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »
I meant to put this up yesterday but I wasn't feeling well so I went to bed early
But I was on a music binge and found this. Then I challenged myself to make a video using only pictures of the crew that I had saved on my computer  :D

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2015, 07:08:50 PM »
I meant to put this up yesterday but I wasn't feeling well so I went to bed early
But I was on a music binge and found this. Then I challenged myself to make a video using only pictures of the crew that I had saved on my computer  :D

Okay, can I just say that I love your music taste because this is one of my favorite songs and I may or may not have listened to it on repeat for literally weeks.
John Steinbeck

Soikia

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »
Okay, can I just say that I love your music taste because this is one of my favorite songs and I may or may not have listened to it on repeat for literally weeks.

Ahhhh I've done the same, when it first came out I couldn't stop listening to it. I feel it's very fitting for the crew - but while I was making it I was left wondering how much the group misses their families. (Aside from Tuuri of course, at least she has a photo and her cousin with her, and I'm pretty sure Reynir is still kinda regretting his decision of leaving home aha)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »
http://1drv.ms/1MmKlkS
I would do anything to be able to strum like that. Except for actually practice, let's not get carried away here now.
(Also it's really stressful to listen to a version of a folk song that's ever so slightly different from the way you learned it. In our family the fox went out on a starless night and it's Old Mother Flipper-Flapper who jumped out of bed and there's another verse and yeah.)
John Steinbeck

Soikia

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »
I would do anything to be able to strum like that. Except for actually practice, let's not get carried away here now.
(Also it's really stressful to listen to a version of a folk song that's ever so slightly different from the way you learned it. In our family the fox went out on a starless night and it's Old Mother Flipper-Flapper who jumped out of bed and there's another verse and yeah.)

My mom actually used to sing this song to me a lot, I'd forgotten why it sounded familiar until you mentioned the fox going out on a starless night. It's very nice to hear it again, even if it's a little bit different than the version I was used to hearing 
You're very good at making videos, by the way!

On a side note I've been meaning to make a video but I'm stuggling to find any songs I find fitting - and the two that I did find fitting are like 5 minutes long and I don't know if I have that much motivation in me to work on a 5 minute music video  ???

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
I blame this thread for stucking songs in my head for weeks.
First it was Thomas Stenström, then I listened to "Polaroid" on repeat for days, and now I'm looking for the song on RTR's video and I'm sure that it won't get out of my head so soon.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
I blame this thread for stucking songs in my head for weeks.
First it was Thomas Stenström, then I listened to "Polaroid" on repeat for days, and now I'm looking for the song on RTR's video and I'm sure that it won't get out of my head so soon.
*evil cackle*
My mom actually used to sing this song to me a lot, I'd forgotten why it sounded familiar until you mentioned the fox going out on a starless night. It's very nice to hear it again, even if it's a little bit different than the version I was used to hearing 
You're very good at making videos, by the way!

On a side note I've been meaning to make a video but I'm stuggling to find any songs I find fitting - and the two that I did find fitting are like 5 minutes long and I don't know if I have that much motivation in me to work on a 5 minute music video  ???
Thank you!
Is there something specific you're looking for as a theme? Because I've been thinking that this song would be good for something with the three mages:
John Steinbeck

Soikia

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »
Not necessarily a theme, but I've been looking for songs about adventure/fear or just any fitting song in general about the main crew, recently the search has been delving into songs by The Hush Sound, Of Monsters and Men, and Florence + The Machine, but I haven't had much luck with those three yet.

Ohh but that song is very fitting indeed! I wish there were more pictures of Onni in the comic, I'd love to include him in videos more;;

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »

Awww, I love it!  2 1/2 minutes of total adorableness!  Your juxtaposition of images and music made me laugh -- like Sigrun as Old Mother Slipper-Slopper (because "Slipper-Slopper" is the one and only right way the song goes). 

I love "The Fox Went Out" -- my dad is an old-time folkie and he used to sing it for us while playing guitar.  *He* never left out the verse about John blowing his horn both loud and shrill. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:50:21 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »
Awww, I love it!  2 1/2 minutes of total adorableness!  Your juxtaposition of images and music made me laugh -- like Sigrun as Old Mother Slipper-Slopper (because "Slipper-Slopper" is the one and only right way the song goes). 

I love "The Fox Went Out" -- my dad is an old-time folkie and he used to sing it for us while playing guitar.  *He* never left out the verse about John blowing his horn both loud and shrill.
It's one of our favorite family sing-a-longs too! :)
Also very important sidenote: J.R.R. Tolkien's "Troll Sat Alone on His Seat of Stone" goes perfectly to this tune.
And please don't tell Sigrun what part I cast her in I want to live
John Steinbeck

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 04:55:02 PM »
For my twentieth fanvideo, Hoyt Axton's Country Anthem! Complaining about the Star-Spangled Banner like only a Baritone-Bass can. <3
http://1drv.ms/1HookyE
what do you mean I just used this as an excuse to look at Mikkel a lot
John Steinbeck