Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841456 times)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3915 on: August 22, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
Aaaaa I haven't posted in a while... again. Sorry!

A quick question; would anyone like to start an art trade with me? I've been a bit unmotivated in terms of art recently, and trades would be a great way to give me some inspiration/goals etc to help me improve, as well for me to actually contribute something to the forum because I haven't really done anything in a while.
Of course nobody is under any obligation to agree! I know I'm not quite up to the standards of other people and there are a lot of trades already taking place, so I'm perfectly happy to think of other things to do ;)

I'm going to have to wait a couple days before I can start anything, so if you want to trade pm me and I'll get back to you asap. Just a quick warning that I am quite busy at the moment with one thing and another, so it might take me a little while to complete requests (hopefully not too long, fingers crossed!)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3916 on: August 22, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you like it; I changed it last minute to look cooler :D

Well success, because you made her look way cooler than she really is. ;) She just likes to pretend she's cool, which is just as good.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3917 on: August 22, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
Thank you so much Mad Robin, this is wonderful :) I got back yesterday and things have been a bit rough, but this cheered me up no end. Trees are my most favourite things and this picture is just perfection in every way thank you

I think I should be finished with yours tomorrow, at least I hope so ^_^ we shall see

(also, please don't die Mad Robin, you are too much a source of awesomeness for that to happen!)

And again: I don't know what Gwenno's doing. But it's obviously related to the troll hunting somehow.

That's all.
And that's how Mad Robin died.
The end.

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3918 on: August 22, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »
Photoshop Day 2:

So here is Sóley as drawn in photoshop. She looks like she's 12 and just stole a whole bunch of cookies. Also her hair is really poofy.

Also I drew this

I'm not sure who that is, but she likes to make runes.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3919 on: August 23, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »
I come bearing the rest of the 'sonas: (Including some people I've art-traded with or will art trade with but whose headshots I haven't drawn)

(Left to right: KMK, Luth Nightbreeze, M-ew, Martti (x2), Mélusine, Misea, North, ParanormalAndroid)

*has no idea how to react when someone draws any of my sonas, but really happy*
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3920 on: August 23, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
Ana Nymus: I love how you used the apple picker as an arrow!

Piney: As Haiz said, you deserve all the admiration for keeping up with all the ssssonas. I love seeing all of them in your style, they look so cute!

North: Now I really want to see more of your art, your style is really pretty!

Viola: I think your photoshop drawings are really cool! I like her hair and the way you colored her clothes, and the runes are cool too. The only thing that I think could be changed is the first drawing's resolution, it is a little granulated.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3921 on: August 23, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
*has no idea how to react when someone draws any of my sonas, but really happy*

I'm glad I can make people happy \o/

Piney: As Haiz said, you deserve all the admiration for keeping up with all the ssssonas. I love seeing all of them in your style, they look so cute!

Thank you! ^-^ I intend to keep keeping up!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3922 on: August 23, 2015, 11:54:43 AM »
Viola: I think your photoshop drawings are really cool! I like her hair and the way you colored her clothes, and the runes are cool too. The only thing that I think could be changed is the first drawing's resolution, it is a little granulated.

Yes how does one do that because it is bugging me like crazy
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3923 on: August 23, 2015, 12:00:52 PM »

Just draw on a bigger canvas! I usually use upwards of 1000x1000 and save as a .png, not a .jpg/.jpeg, because jpg/jpeg compress the file and lose quality.
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3924 on: August 23, 2015, 12:02:32 PM »

I'm not a expert, but I think it can be because of the format. You must have saved it as JPEG, which is the format with the lowest resolution. Perhaps if you save it as PNG the resolution will be better!
Or it can be that the drawing is small and you resized it, or the site resized it automatically, distorting the lines.

EDIT:

Ninja'd by Curry! :o
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:05:43 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3925 on: August 23, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
Just draw on a bigger canvas! I usually use upwards of 1000x1000 and save as a .png, not a .jpg/.jpeg, because jpg/jpeg compress the file and lose quality.
I'm not a expert, but I think it can be because of the format. You must have saved it as JPEG, which is the format with the lowest resolution. Perhaps if you save it as PNG the resolution will be better!
Or it can be that the drawing is small and you resized it, or the site resized it automatically, distorting the lines.

Oh I didn't know that. Thank you! I will look into it :D

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #3926 on: August 23, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »
North: Now I really want to see more of your art, your style is really pretty!

Thank you! I'm currently working on my part of an art trade with Haiz, so you'll hopefully see something soon :) My style is a bit all over the place, especially since I tend to switch colouring mediums a lot, but I'm glad you like it! ::)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3927 on: August 23, 2015, 01:34:39 PM »
Finished my art trade with Unlos (:

Spoiler: With background: • show

Spoiler: without background: • show

Also, there's way too many people for me to quote, but I still really enjoy what people draw, it's really impressive (:

And, people have a set style, unlike me, who just sort of involuntarily jumps from one thing to another ;_; :P

Still up for art trades.

Aaaaa I haven't posted in a while... again. Sorry!

A quick question; would anyone like to start an art trade with me? I've been a bit unmotivated in terms of art recently, and trades would be a great way to give me some inspiration/goals etc to help me improve, as well for me to actually contribute something to the forum because I haven't really done anything in a while.
Of course nobody is under any obligation to agree! I know I'm not quite up to the standards of other people and there are a lot of trades already taking place, so I'm perfectly happy to think of other things to do ;)

I'm going to have to wait a couple days before I can start anything, so if you want to trade pm me and I'll get back to you asap. Just a quick warning that I am quite busy at the moment with one thing and another, so it might take me a little while to complete requests (hopefully not too long, fingers crossed!)

I'd love to do an art trade with you (: Should I just PM you details?

I'm glad I got him down!
Nah, I wouldn't force someone to do an art trade like that. It's part of an effort to draw all the 'sonas - I did months ago when there were fewer people. But if you want to draw a mini-portrait of my 'sona, I'm not discouraging you... :)

I'll do that then :P Everything from the neck and up is within my comfort zone (which is part of why I'm finding these art-trades so valuable, it's a good way to do something I don't normally do :P Then again, I also don't normally draw a lot of girls either >_>)

Edit:

There, done:

Spoiler: Mini-Piney • show

I have to admit the expression was me guessing based on the picture in the infodump >_> Hopefully it's at least not too out of character >_>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:36:13 PM by DarkRawen »

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3928 on: August 23, 2015, 02:37:02 PM »
Well this is going to pale in comparison to recent art, but I finally finished my art trade with Unlos. Sorry it took so long! This was the thought process: Hmmm, apples, apples. How do you get apples off the really high branches? *remembers when her brother and father decided to use a bow and arrow to get a frisbee out of a tree* Yeah, that could work. So now your sona has the impractical and silly apple picker arrow to shoot at those really high branches. ;D

Wow, I didn't see this until now (work yesterday, and my phone doesn't display most of the art), so I haven't replied until now, but I love it! Such a great idea, most best apple picking method indeed! Thank you thank you!!

Finished my art trade with Unlos (:

Spoiler: With background: • show

Wee, that is lovely! I love it, the hair, the expression, the pose and the shine on the apple. Thank you, yours is in the works!
(working all day again tomorrow but tuesday is my day off and a good day to finish it, I think:-)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3929 on: August 23, 2015, 03:13:28 PM »
Wow, I didn't see this until now (work yesterday, and my phone doesn't display most of the art), so I haven't replied until now, but I love it! Such a great idea, most best apple picking method indeed! Thank you thank you!!

I'm glad you like it! I love coming up with silly ideas to draw :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!