Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843328 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3570 on: August 03, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »
Ahhhh welcome John Candlebury! I love the concept of your OC! May I direct you to this topic here? :3c

Laufey that. is. GORGEOUS and I love the concept and yeassssssss goooooooooooooooddd
This is so beautiful eeeeee!!!! I'm so in love with how the blood looks?? Now let me just stare at it for three hours <3
YEET

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3571 on: August 03, 2015, 01:39:58 PM »
Ah yes another point! Villain outfits get more revealing, generally, but since you are a younger 'sona you could probably escape that. To be honest I was teetering on the edge of "ok but this isn't quite fanservice-y enough" the entire time I was drawing Karri.
Yup yup. All too true. And the outfits don't have to be revealing: in fact many villains wear bandages all over them in stylish places, like Haiz's VillainSSSSona.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3572 on: August 03, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »

Your art style is so good what the heck.

I like the idea, it's very original! And the drawing is fantastic! Rosie is amazing, I'm surprised people still know about that character.

Welcome to the world of SSSSona! Your art style is very distinctive and I hope to see more of it!

I'm back to bullying other people's ssssonas, hello. :D This time it's Karri, I had free hands as long as the ssssona would survive somehow and - well - they probably will, as long as they get medical help very soon. Inspired by Gísla Saga Súrssonar, where a character gets his stomach cut open and uses his belt to tie down his guts so they won't get in his way while he continues to fight, so warnings for guts hanging out.

They look fine! Just some flesh wounds probably! What's that? Those are entrails!? Uh... someone get team 4 on the line, pronto.

Ten points to Gryffindor for Hiimdaisy reference.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3573 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!!! It me!!! I love it so much ;o; You even made my hair a lil' curly <3 The mood is so relaxed. Sorry for replying so slowly, but I've been without internet for a while because I went on vacation.
Again, thank you sososo much!! I'm going to start working on my part tonight ;v;
Yay! I'm glad you like!
...Guys, I left for four days, and I come back to 10 new pages?!?!?!
Never stop.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3574 on: August 03, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »
Continuing with my one art trade a day, today I have Alethryia

Johanna: Defender of Books :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3575 on: August 03, 2015, 04:30:33 PM »

Welcome! :D Hilarious bio. And your art style is so awesome HOW *flails*

Trinka, Día as Rosie the Riveter is the most best :>

BLANKET STATEMENT OF APPRECIATION ALL THIS ART IS AMAZING :D

Eeeeeepppp! I love it! I love her hair, and its very awesome!!!!!
Yyyyyyaaaassss years of drawing floating heads with hair has paid off :D Hehehe, so glad you love it! (ノ´∀`*)ノ*:・゚✧

This looks SO WONDERFUL and the background is AMAZING ;w; and agreed, I love the hair!!!
Tanks bro :> Yo your drawing of Vide for the Art Collaboration is amazing HOW is your style so CUTE and the coloring *SCREECHES*

This is beautiful! I agree with the others about the hair :D
Your art style is so good what the heck.
。・゚ヾ(°∀°)ノ。゚・。*shoves face into blankets*

That's really nice! I can almost feel the warm sunlight! :)
Also love the little scene in the background.
Mission accomplished! And I couldn't resist XD The background needed something and then boom! Some Group 4 people

misea: Her hair looks amazing, the colors are amazing and... Who are those people arguing in the background? And is that Día sitting down?
It's Trinka's Mimmi and... I don't remember who's the other person, lemme check... I think it was DancingRanger's Matthew? And yes, it's Día! c: I think I made her hair a bit too long though ._. (And I think that's Solokov's Strelokov coming back) I'm pretty sure the background scene is so OOC but I needed some people :I

misea: *SCREAM* *SCEAMMMMMM* (how to you make your coloring style so soft and sparkly teach me your secrets)
I shall send a PM because this post is getting ridiculously long unless other people wanna know? Maybe I should make a tutorial... *tries to art* okay maybe not
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3576 on: August 03, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Here's the finished piece, Kick! I know I could have asked but I get a bit stubborn like"stupid search engine I will find the words I need so you'll give me the pictures I want, I know it's there", but then I got the pictures from you instead. Striped pants without reference is not as narural looking as I would like but still better than white pants. It's an homage to the skirt of a thousand pretty colored strips!
(click for full resolution, the face looks much better in the original size)

And welcome back, John Candlebury, I've been hoping to see more from you ever since the great drawing of AlmondGodess falconer!
And a big blanket appreciation for the rest of you guys.

*EDIT* Pose from Syccas stock
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:08:23 PM by Unlos »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Rosie the Riveter
« Reply #3577 on: August 03, 2015, 05:21:32 PM »
I like the idea, it's very original! And the drawing is fantastic! Rosie is amazing, I'm surprised people still know about that character.

I can't speak for Trinka, but Rosie the Riveter still occupies a significant role in U.S. culture (or should I say "memespace"?). 

There is a Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park about 30 miles from my house, at the site of a major wartime shipyard. 
They're having a huge Rosie cosplay (not that the extremely square National Parks Service even knows the word "cosplay") on Aug. 15: 
http://www.nps.gov/rori/planyourvisit/rosie-rally.htm

She's become a meme:  http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/propaganda-parodies

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/240379698837175043/

http://www.umbc.edu/blogs/changingaging/NewRosie.jpg

https://alixmacgillivray.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/media-trivialization.jpg

Now I kind of want to see Sigrun, Tuuri, Taru, or maybe Captain Àsa Hardardottir like that...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3578 on: August 03, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
misea: wAIT NO I USE FIREAPLACA IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU USE BUT IM PRETTY SURE ITS NOT THAT WE ARE NOT DRIFT COMPATIBLE WE ARE NOT DRIFT COMPATIBLE (but i'll see what i can do i guess)

anyway. heres my villainsona

very impressive, she is. veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery impressive.

unlos: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT LOOKS AMAZING IT LOOKS AWEOME OH MY GOD AND HES DOING A BUTTKICK POSE ALONG WITH HIS SWORDS AnD ITS IN COLOR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3579 on: August 03, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
For Haiz:

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3580 on: August 03, 2015, 06:38:08 PM »
misea: wAIT NO I USE FIREAPLACA IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU USE BUT IM PRETTY SURE ITS NOT THAT WE ARE NOT DRIFT COMPATIBLE WE ARE NOT DRIFT COMPATIBLE (but i'll see what i can do i guess)

TOO LATE

... Fire Alpaca is kinda like Sai (so I've heard), so maybe some of the stuff will work?...

who am I kidding =__=
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3581 on: August 03, 2015, 06:44:13 PM »
Art by me for the collaboration project:

Gee, that cat is gorgeous! Your colors are always so nice and smooth, too.

Thank you! Tim-Tim is based on my cat Joey, he was more than content to lounge about and have his photo taken so I could get the colors right!

congrats you will be forever stuck at food making duty
the collaboaration piece is so pretty!!

Thank you! If it means I can stick everyone else on KP duty, I am all for staying on chef duty!  ;)

Wohoo, let's be cooking buddies! \(^w^)/

YES!

Alethryia, I updated your infodump slide with a link to the new information. Would you like to also update your picture to one of the newer ones, or leave as is?

Thanks - I think leave the slide picture as is for now!  :)

... I think I've arted myself out for the week. Maybe for the next two weeks. *flops in art block hell*

OoooOOOooo ... so pretty!!!  ;D

Continuing with my one art trade a day, today I have Alethryia

Johanna: Defender of Books :)

Eeeeeee!!! So much fun!!!! :D

Here's the finished piece, Kick! I know I could have asked but I get a bit stubborn like"stupid search engine I will find the words I need so you'll give me the pictures I want, I know it's there", but then I got the pictures from you instead. Striped pants without reference is not as narural looking as I would like but still better than white pants. It's an homage to the skirt of a thousand pretty colored strips!
(click for full resolution, the face looks much better in the original size)

And welcome back, John Candlebury, I've been hoping to see more from you ever since the great drawing of AlmondGodess falconer!
And a big blanket appreciation for the rest of you guys.

*EDIT* Pose from Syccas stock

I think the pants are very fun! You drew the fabric wonderfully!

I drew my own character, which came out super cartoonish:

Spoiler: Bio? • show

Name: Mathias Haaning.
Profession: Radio operator.
Nationality: Danish
Area of birth: Reykjavik
Languages: :denmark:, :iceland:
Immunity: Yes

Abilities:
+Experienced seaman (much to his dislike).
+Astronavigator.
+Encyclopedic knowledge about electronics.
-Said enciclopedia only spoke about radios.
-Despises the sea.
-Will not stop telling you how much he hates the sea.

Biographic info:
-The Haaning family owns one of the oldest danish merchant firms, although the term "merchant firm" might be quite an overstatement, as their whole fleet consists of only 2 family operated ships. And as family tradition dictated, Mathias, along with his 5 older siblings, was raised aboard the family's merchant ships.

-Very friendly and outgoing, for someone who spent his whole childhood in a floating tin can.

-He joined the danish army at the age of 15, partly because he was hoping for an opportunity to explore the silent world as a cleanser, but mostly because he wanted  an opportunity to never set foot on a ship again. It didn't really work well, as he was assigned to coastguard duty, a post he had to endure for almost six years.

-After that he was finally  relocated to the Oresund Bridge Military base, where he works as a radio operator and maintainer. The job is considerably better than the last, if only because it occasionally involves repairing the relay stations along the silent world coasts.

Its almost funny how hard it was for me to come up with that bio, guess writing backgrounds isn't really my thing.

Welcome, your art is absolutely adorable!!! Your character bio is also excellent, I love the irony of his history and station!  ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And to all:

All the art coming out right now is so much fun ... I may have to get on the magical school girl and villain train!

*Slaps wrist, NO - finish the things you already have planned!*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:46:02 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3582 on: August 03, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »
Yay! So glad you like it! I figured since you tried the salt on me, I would have to try it on you. Also glad the rock is a big hit  :D
(and as I've offered to the others I've done art trades with, if I ever see you in real life, you may have the original)
Hehe, oh yeah, you've managed quite a good streak of giving the physical copies to their proper 'sonas haven't you :P. Well maybe if you go to Japan again I'll be there  ^_^ (or Wales, but I won't be around there for very much longer). Your art rate over the last few days has been impressive stuff as well, much pretty watercolours :) so did you catch the hair-trigger art reflex from Haiz, is it contagious? Should we be worried?

Here's my half of the art trade with daiseerose!

:o Oh this is so beautiful, and so much thought put into it as well! It's just like a snap out of their lives and I wish we had that sunshine over here ^_^ It's too bad you're too tired to art, I would have really loved to have seen a tutorial, but maybe next time you draw something you can take a screenshot of the progress or whatever works best for you?
Here I am with an art trade, I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.
Hope you like it; I felt like Rosy the Riveter would be a fitting model for Dia, who loves to fix things and DON'T NEED NO MAN, NUH-UH!

heehee, that's such an excellent idea and Dîa seems like just the perfect fit for Rosy :P The colouring is so tidy as well, seems almost like the actual poster
I drew my own character, which came out super cartoonish:

Spoiler: Bio? • show

Name: Mathias Haaning.
Profession: Radio operator.
Nationality: Danish
Area of birth: Reykjavik
Languages: :denmark:, :iceland:
Immunity: Yes

Abilities:
+Experienced seaman (much to his dislike).
+Astronavigator.
+Encyclopedic knowledge about electronics.
-Said enciclopedia only spoke about radios.
-Despises the sea.
-Will not stop telling you how much he hates the sea.

Biographic info:
-The Haaning family owns one of the oldest danish merchant firms, although the term "merchant firm" might be quite an overstatement, as their whole fleet consists of only 2 family operated ships. And as family tradition dictated, Mathias, along with his 5 older siblings, was raised aboard the family's merchant ships.

-Very friendly and outgoing, for someone who spent his whole childhood in a floating tin can.

-He joined the danish army at the age of 15, partly because he was hoping for an opportunity to explore the silent world as a cleanser, but mostly because he wanted  an opportunity to never set foot on a ship again. It didn't really work well, as he was assigned to coastguard duty, a post he had to endure for almost six years.

-After that he was finally  relocated to the Oresund Bridge Military base, where he works as a radio operator and maintainer. The job is considerably better than the last, if only because it occasionally involves repairing the relay stations along the silent world coasts.

Its almost funny how hard it was for me to come up with that bio, guess writing backgrounds isn't really my thing.
Ah this is good, you've so much character in your drawing style ^_^ I like how you're fitting this around what we already know of Oresund base and don't worry, it took me a few weeks until I wore an actual bio for mine so at least you managed to stick them all together from the start!

Heh, you've been taunting us with WIPS for too long now for this one :P, but the finished piece is very good ^_^ You've really got a good grasp of dynamic pose after all that practice you've been doing and the swooshy cloak and glowy swords are super cool!

Also, Villain-Sonas are becoming a thing now? Oh gosh I so want in on this >"< the ones so far look so cool and so much fun, but art trades and no scanner. Maybe I'll have to join you guys a bit later in villain-land :)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3583 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
My half of the art trade with Curry

We all knew this would happen one day  ;D
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3584 on: August 03, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »
My half of the art trade with Curry

We all knew this would happen one day  ;D

Beware the floof -- it grows like kudzu!  (Although who could fear the floof when Karri's expression is so adorably mischievous?)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: