Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843130 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3480 on: July 30, 2015, 05:12:08 AM »
(Damascus steel, or one of its relatives like wootz or crucible?)
Yes ! (Hello, I can't find a word and it's too special for a dictionary but I can try to explain ^^) I knew someone who was doing that :)

These look awesome!! :D I especially love Martti's jacket! Haiz might not be the only one who has to worry about missing clothes now...
You know you'll be seen as "the person who always want to steal the other's clothes", isn't it ? ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:15:30 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3481 on: July 30, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »
Is the axe... errr... *Had the word in french but only in french* in a special blacksmith technique which imply folding down the metal several times in order to have patterns inside ?

I think it looks more like a Celtic knotwork engraving. Pattern welding in a forge results in a quite random pattern usually without the layered knotwork. Incidentally, the vikings knew how to pattern weld, but they also liked engraving a lot.

Mélusine

« Reply #3482 on: July 30, 2015, 05:44:03 AM »
I think it looks more like a Celtic knotwork engraving. Pattern welding in a forge results in a quite random pattern usually without the layered knotwork. Incidentally, the vikings knew how to pattern weld, but they also liked engraving a lot.
... I need to see that in a museum. Or maybe several museums.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3483 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:23 AM »
here's my art trade with North:

Spoiler: original mucha poster • show

'prince of denmark', that's not too far away from 'king of the north', right?

as if tracing and stealing the background wasn't bad enough, I've also yoinked the axe decoration from... here, apparently. But I think all the tracing I'm doing lately is making me better at digital lineart! so that's exciting even if the proportions end up all weird for some reason
These are looking really cool! :D

I am posting here with some information about them:

Riika is a Scout, only day scout, night would be deadly dangerous for her and she often wear mask and some glasses if she goes out to the wildness. She has sense if the dangerous is around, like she feels the trolls, beasts or giants, and get away in time, and warn the others if the area needs to be cleansed again.

Martti is a Cleanser, but as a back-up cleanser, he can’t go to the front either, He also wears mask each time he goes to burn the lands, the mask is both against the illness or the smoke. He actually writes down all stuffs that happens around him. he often sits down and write a diary, or sometimes he even writes stories.
I adore the design of these two *w*

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3484 on: July 30, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
OK. Now that I am home I have a few weeks to do my art trades. It takes me about a day or two to do one, and I plan on starting either today or tomorrow. Here we go!!!!
* Feartheviolas is so happy to be arting again

Right now I have 6 people on my list:

Gwenno
Mad Robin
Alethryia
Kizzy
Curry
Ana

Please let me know if I forgot you or messed up the list somehow.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3485 on: July 30, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »
and heres my the last of my art trades
Featuring Unlos' sona, Una!

unlos said that una was good at " legging it downhill in case she meets anything too big to whack" ,so

the version without TROLL! covering everything, UNDER THE CUT

Spoiler: show

STILL TAKING ART TRADES

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3486 on: July 30, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »
Sorry I was gone for so long, I was on vacation for over two weeks without proper internet ;o;

I finished both my art trades so I figured I would post them both at once. Under spoiler tags because the photos are big.
For North, Martine: I was intrigued by the axes she carries.

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE :0 I just completely missed it??? what in the world
This looks super cool!! She looks all ready to cleave some trollbutts, bun and all  8)

Finally got to the page with this--it's awesome North! Thanks so much--it's much more impressive than you seem to think--I'm pretty jelly of the shading job actually, I can never seem to get my own coloured pencils to do the shading I want q 3q I'll try to get my end o the trade up as soon as I can, I promise TT vTT
shushhhh don't feel bad, there's no need to rush
I'm glad you like it!! I did try my best, even though I am in an eternal struggle with coloured pencils /clutches chest

North (pose was inspired by this - yes that was where I found that other one too)

This looks super cool, I love the pose!! Man, I gotta practise my poses. My sona would totally practise stick-fighting.
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3487 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
Question: Would it be silly to cosplay a Ssssona? Because I just realized I could whip up a closet cosplay really similar to my Ssssona's original outfit in like 2 seconds.
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

daiseerose

« Reply #3488 on: July 30, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
Question: Would it be silly to cosplay a Ssssona? Because I just realized I could whip up a closet cosplay really similar to my Ssssona's original outfit in like 2 seconds.
I dont think so :)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3489 on: July 30, 2015, 03:48:36 PM »

DO DO DO IT

(i could also, if i wasn't in haiti)

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3490 on: July 30, 2015, 03:51:07 PM »

No it wouldn't be; I almost considered doing it for the meetup a couple weeks ago. (minus the coat and flamethrower, of course)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3491 on: July 30, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
and heres my the last of my art trades
Featuring Unlos' sona, Una!

unlos said that una was good at " legging it downhill in case she meets anything too big to whack" ,so

the version without TROLL! covering everything, UNDER THE CUT

STILL TAKING ART TRADES

Oh I love this!!!!!!!!!!! The expression, the colours and the pose, well done!!!!!!! Big big grin over here right now!!!!!!!
(Ok I wasn't going to post yours before it's finished, which will be day after tomorrow or the day after, but WIP under the spoiler)

North, I'm glad you liked the sketch :), my intention was to put her together with Gwenno so they could have a practice fight together but I never got around to do it.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3492 on: July 30, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
I did it!

(<<< This one is my favorite!) 

I would have taken more......but it is quite literally 100 degrees right now 
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3493 on: July 30, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
Oh I love this!!!!!!!!!!! The expression, the colours and the pose, well done!!!!!!! Big big grin over here right now!!!!!!!
(Ok I wasn't going to post yours before it's finished, which will be day after tomorrow or the day after, but WIP under the spoiler)

North, I'm glad you liked the sketch :), my intention was to put her together with Gwenno so they could have a practice fight together but I never got around to do it.

thank you! i'm glad you liked it

*clicks spoiler*
scream?
SCREAM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the pose is amazing everything is amazing i can't wait to see it finished oh my god

Icon drawn by Piney

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3494 on: July 30, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »
~doubleposts like a cool kid~

anyway, since its red cloud's birthday, i wanted to draw xyr something.

so here's galatea
giving a birthday cake to galatea

i used 8 layers on this i am the anti-haiz

well i merged them all at the end but that was so i could move the image around and not separate layers

Icon drawn by Piney