Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842130 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3405 on: July 26, 2015, 06:50:11 PM »
*looks down at toes* Do you think possibly maybe at some point if you have time you could make me one? I like purple. Then I wouldn't have to steal your green tunic cape thingie.
haiz has quite a few artistic talents but sewing is not one of them
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3406 on: July 26, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »
haiz has quite a few artistic talents but sewing is not one of them

I was meaning a drawing ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3407 on: July 26, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
I was meaning a drawing ;)

"i was supposed to go to bed an hour ago" more like "where did my drawing skills go"

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3408 on: July 26, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
WOW I love this!!!! The style is amazing! I really really really like your green tunic cape thing too. Mig langar :D

Just saying that I now know what 'mig langar' means specifically because you say it here so often :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3409 on: July 26, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
Just saying that I now know what 'mig langar' means specifically because you say it here so often :D

It's for some reason wired into my head above "I want" so it comes out first when that is what I want to express. Usually when the language I'm not currently using comes up first I tell it to go away and use what comes next. The exceptions are when I'm really tired, drunk, or in a situation where it doesn't matter what language gets there first.

You could honestly ask my friends, they all have a few icelandic and french phrases memorized from texting me or being in my vicinity constantly. It's a side affect :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3410 on: July 26, 2015, 08:02:07 PM »
It's for some reason wired into my head above "I want" so it comes out first when that is what I want to express. Usually when the language I'm not currently using comes up first I tell it to go away and use what comes next. The exceptions are when I'm really tired, drunk, or in a situation where it doesn't matter what language gets there first.

You could honestly ask my friends, they all have a few icelandic and french phrases memorized from texting me or being in my vicinity constantly. It's a side affect :D

I can confirm this. Confirm this so, so much. Also, if she's especially tired, she switches languages in the middle of sentences. That's fun to try and sort out.  :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #3411 on: July 26, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »
woow so much happened in the two weeks I was gone! blanket you-are-amazing to everyone, and blanket thank-you-so-much to those who drew my ssssona. ^.^

also I'm open to an art trade with people if no one minds the possibility of it taking a while on my end because I forget to draw sometimes
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3412 on: July 26, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »
also I'm open to an art trade with people if no one minds the possibility of it taking a while on my end because I forget to draw sometimes
I'm also kinda-half-looking for art trades, given that you also don't mind it maybe taking a while (or maybe not, drawing time varies wildly)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3413 on: July 26, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
I have already missed the chance to comment on everything without posting a wall of text, so I've been just lurking for a few weeks. Everything is really pretty! <3

Yess, art trade! I have two non-finished art trades already, but I have no self control.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #3414 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:14 PM »
Haiz > it's funny that you chose this particular Mucha picture because it's a poster for a production of the play "Lorenzaccio", by Alfred de Musset, where the main character is male, but has often be played by female comedians (kinda like Peter Pan, if Peter Pan was a dark romantic shakespearian tragedy); Sarah Bernard, who is refered to on the poster, was actually the first person to portray the character on stage.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3415 on: July 27, 2015, 12:31:43 AM »
Haiz > it's funny that you chose this particular Mucha picture because it's a poster for a production of the play "Lorenzaccio", by Alfred de Musset, where the main character is male, but has often be played by female comedians (kinda like Peter Pan, if Peter Pan was a dark romantic shakespearian tragedy); Sarah Bernard, who is refered to on the poster, was actually the first person to portray the character on stage.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT because that's 80% the reason I picked this picture. I'm shallow/predictable like that

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3416 on: July 27, 2015, 03:35:42 AM »
Just to break the trend of excellent art, here’s a thrown-together story!

Can you fuse magic and science? That’s a question my SSSSona (a dangerously optimistic Swedish scientist called Julian) has been wondering a lot about recently – and it turns out Sunflower’s SSSSona might know more about that than she’d like to let on. So this is a story of the two of them ‘sneaking’ into the Mora archives offices, trying to find out what happened to a previous magic/science research team that vanished in mysterious circumstances.
(It’s something of a sequel to this, which ended up on the expeditions thread)

Infiltration
(because coming up with titles is hard)

Hope you all like it, and thanks again to Sunflower for letting me write her SSSSona!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3417 on: July 27, 2015, 03:49:30 AM »
Just to break the trend of excellent art, here’s a thrown-together story!

Can you fuse magic and science? That’s a question my SSSSona (a dangerously optimistic Swedish scientist called Julian) has been wondering a lot about recently – and it turns out Sunflower’s SSSSona might know more about that than she’d like to let on. So this is a story of the two of them ‘sneaking’ into the Mora archives offices, trying to find out what happened to a previous magic/science research team that vanished in mysterious circumstances.
(It’s something of a sequel to this, which ended up on the expeditions thread)

Infiltration
(because coming up with titles is hard)

Hope you all like it, and thanks again to Sunflower for letting me write her SSSSona!
Excellent and engaging writing. Hmm, how did Gustav get that chocolate, I wonder. Chocolate being extremely expensive and all.. And oh dear, Julian, try not to kill off the remaining known world, please!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3418 on: July 27, 2015, 04:29:08 AM »

tracing Alfons Mucha's art

Spoiler: original poster • show

(I bought this as a humongous poster at the mucha museum and I'm excited to find out if I have space for it anywhere at home)

yes that is indeed dreamworld haiz. wonder why the dreamworld doesn't provide proper archery armguards and stuff... anyway if it wasn't too late I would've tried to draw my own background (and turn the dragon into a unicorn), but it is very late and i have work tomorrow and i don't want to go to work but I should sleep.
UM YES ALPHONE MUCHA INSPIRED ART. YES YES.

VERY GOOD. THIS PLEASES ME.

I am stupid in love with that man's work. Like ohmygod, so beautiful, life goals. I am that person that will take any opportunity she gets to work him into her school projects somehow: essays, style mockups, logo design, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

ie. this menu I designed as a college assignment for a local coffee shop a couple years ago. All hypothetical, of course.
Spoiler: This is totally in the wrong thread • show

The front

The back
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Mélusine

« Reply #3419 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:41 AM »
Wow, it's a very good new version of this famous poster ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: