Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842938 times)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3195 on: July 16, 2015, 04:24:35 AM »

BONUS:

(This is not an "intermission" sketch, but I couldn't resist)

Heheheheheeee. This is great!
And the other teams think we have a peaceful life in group 5....
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3196 on: July 16, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »
Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches. It's under a spoiler because it's a lot of stuff.

Spoiler: show

From the top, left to right:

- Klarissa, Mith, Matthew
- Julian, Sara
- Jón, Rune, Kendall, Kurt
- Alexis, Fimbulvarg, Karri, Arbet
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

These are all so awesome! And I'm loving the 'bonus' sketch :D  'The Perils of Being in Group 5', perhaps...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3197 on: July 16, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
Better not to bother Fimby, isn't it ? ^^
Daéa, you're very talented :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3198 on: July 16, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)
Goes left to right by page
GROUP 2 TRAINING MONTAGE TO "I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU"!

That's what they were doing?? XD OMG my poor ssssona X,D

Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches. It's under a spoiler because it's a lot of stuff.

Spoiler: show

From the top, left to right:

- Klarissa, Mith, Matthew
- Julian, Sara
- Jón, Rune, Kendall, Kurt
- Alexis, Fimbulvarg, Karri, Arbet
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

They all look lovely :) your style makes everyone look so varied!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3199 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
Found a place w/ wifi. Art is awesome!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3200 on: July 16, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
Heeey

These are all incredible, but ohgod Jon's confused face is the absolute best.
You've got a real talent for expressions, actually. Well, a talent for everything.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3201 on: July 16, 2015, 01:44:16 PM »
Daéa Reina: those are so incredibly wonderful, I've gone back to look at them many times now because I love your interpretation of the characters so much O: Fimby's expression is perfect and the way you draw hair is so cool *___*

I drew pen doodles of Haiz on one of my many recent bus rides, and I like how this one turned out:

OH AND
ART TRADES HAPPENED
yes, art trades. plural.

Here's Trinka's Mimmi and Swagger!

this is as much bike i am willing to draw

aaand Gwenno! I've already drawn a little Gwenno here and there, always grinning... so I drew her a little more serious for a change:

Wheeoooo that felt really good to get done! I love drawing your characters :3
Here's who I've got left to draw, according to my list (in no particular order):
- Kizzy
- North
- Oh Deer
- AquaAurion
- Koalalou
please tell me if someone is missing. oooor if you want to be added O:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:46:24 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3202 on: July 16, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
Thank you so much for the comments, people!! <3
I already said that a million times, but I really really REALLY like drawing your ssssonas. There's so much variety, and all the different personalities to explore, it's fantastic!

I drew pen doodles of Haiz on one of my many recent bus rides, and I like how this one turned out:

OH AND
ART TRADES HAPPENED
yes, art trades. plural.

aaand Gwenno! I've already drawn a little Gwenno here and there, always grinning... so I drew her a little more serious for a change:

oohh, pretty art! I love all of it! *-*
You, Mimmi and Gwenno look so competent in these! Perhaps hope isn't lost for our expedition?

And Swagger's face. I specially love Swagger's face.
"BIKE RIDE, eeeee!"
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #3203 on: July 16, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
Daéa Reina: those are so incredibly wonderful, I've gone back to look at them many times now because I love your interpretation of the characters so much O: Fimby's expression is perfect and the way you draw hair is so cool *___*

OH AND
ART TRADES HAPPENED
yes, art trades. plural.

Wheeoooo that felt really good to get done! I love drawing your characters :3
Here's who I've got left to draw, according to my list (in no particular order):
- Kizzy
- North
- Oh Deer
- AquaAurion
- Koalalou

Those are awesome!
I'd like to do an art trade with you,Only if you think you have enough time and stuff.

And speaking of Art Trades, I'm looking to do a few myself to get back into drawing. PM me if interested.
Kick, yours is in the works.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3204 on: July 16, 2015, 02:09:08 PM »

Hee, I saw these on your tumblr 3 minutes before you posted them on the forum. They're really good!

Daéa:

Your take on expressions is very good, they are an inspiration to look at!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3205 on: July 16, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »
I love seeing your drawings of the self-insert but I have nothing to offer but words. If you're bored and without real art trades someday...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:12:30 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3206 on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
Eee thanks for the super nice comments! (Unlos, I didn't know you were on tumblr O:)

DancingRanger and Mélusine, I've added you to the list ^____^ I'm sure we can come to some agreement, Mel~
you'll know where to find me.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #3207 on: July 16, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
Daéa Reina, your group pictures are really awesome! Sadly my Self-Insert was too late for this...
All the other art in this thread is also remarkable, blanket kudos to you all!

Here is another example of my non-existing drawing skills, this time with non-exisiting colouring skills too  ;D

Aamu sitting on a stool playing kantele and singing. Yes, the brown thing in her lap would be a kantele, why do you ask?  :P

Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3208 on: July 16, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »
Okay, so I had an idea (which I'd act on myself, but oops, lack of talent):
Group 3's calm, kinda reserved skalds meeting the freaking terrifying very enthusiastic cleansers in Group 2, because just imagine the personality clashes.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3209 on: July 16, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »
Love it Daéa Reina (I too love the expressions) and Haiz (I love Swagger's expression, it is the MOST BEST)!!!  ;D

I'm glad to see a color version of your character Viisikielinenkantele, because -SURPRISE- I was inspired by her and started this a few days ago, but then realized I didn't have enough info to work from... ;)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:52:26 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8: