Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841417 times)

daiseerose

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3135 on: July 13, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
It's great, thank you so much!! Worth the wait, I'd say. And I love the idea of making apple pies, I'm adopting that idea right now and expanding my business to include beekeping!
I'm glad! Sorry if she looks weird.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3136 on: July 13, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »
Prompted by the parkour thing I drew one of our scouts, Hanna AKA KauniitaUnia (Tutorial for how I colored it is over here:

HOW DID I MISS THIS OH MY GOD

Sorry for bringing up an older post, but I just wanted to comment...
I love it so much! How you manage to make the poses so dynamic is beyond me, but they all look absolutely fantastic. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:00:12 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3137 on: July 13, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
I bring more drawings that aren't art trades (sorry)
i felt like drawing mage!haiz today but not feeling like putting much effort into anything

I drew over a non-serious selfie, but I was listening to this on repeat so it turned into a serious draw
(also it was fun and I might mageify other selfies later......)

and here is a drawing dedicated to Karri's floff

(we're looking for lost civilizations)
Noooooooo, don't ever be sorry for arts! Your pictures makes the worldforum a better place, most especially when you draw what you feel like drawing :P Which in this case appear to be shiny blue mage selfie..... *stares at swirlies forever*
Also, the floomf very nearly deserves it's own slide on the infodump, it's just developed so much character by now :P

Gwenno, beautiful painting, and the salt effect reminds me of adding salt to silk paintings (which I did exactly 2 of in high school), seems like the effect is kind of similar. I had no idea it would do the same thing on paper, it looks really cool!
This is so pretty! The sky and the trees are really well done!
Thanks guys ^_^ It makes me so happy to have people say such kind things about my pictures

I did Dancingranger today! I'm starting to get ridiculously pleased with these, and as a conseqence I use more and more time on each.

I wonder if you ever get bored of me repeating the same compliments each day? I just don't know what else to do though? It isn't as though I can *not* comment on how great these are, or how you can see the improvement pretty much with each picture, or how the parkour scouts series is turning out to be one of the best things ever! To do so would be inconceivable!
Heh, funny side note now that you're including WIPs, I didn't actually know that artists who drew people used the building blocks until very recently. Just assumed that they popped out near-perfect lineart straight onto the paper :P

Finished my art trade with Jesty! :D

Jesty's 'sona Alice is a mage, but there's also lots of art of mages doing mage things and no art of knife-throwers throwing knives SOOO I went with the more dynamic option! :D what is perspective and dynamic posing, ahahahaha
I believe that perspective and dynamic posing would be the thing you have just demonstrated brilliantly with this picture  :) I'm loving it! As you said, we have looooooads of mages, and it's actually pretty nice to have something different

art trade for unlos! I had no idea what clothes to put you in, so I just put you in the clothes in the comics. btw, you are holding an apple pie. sorry for the wait!
*tilts head sideways* aaaaaaww, this is so cute ^_^ pie is a nice change from the usual apple stick pictures, and the hair is so lovely and wavy :) nice job
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3138 on: July 13, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »

Here's Group 3.

Another normal day for the group: the skalds are skalding, the foresters/hunters/biologists and whatnot are chatting, and the mages are making all the runes fly by accident. No big deal.
I'm late probably, but, I love it!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3139 on: July 13, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
Aaand I'm done!

Here's the last drawing of the group series. I would like to thank my mom, my dad, the Academy and my pet frog George everyone for all your kind words and your encouragement, you guys are the best! I can't believe I did it! :D

P.S.: I know there are some ssssonas that entered the groups after I had drawn them. Please, don't feel left out! If you want me to draw you, just PM me!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3140 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:59 PM »
Aaand I'm done!

Here's the last drawing of the group series. I would like to thank my mom, my dad, the Academy and my pet frog George everyone for all your kind words and your encouragement, you guys are the best! I can't believe I did it! :D

*showers you in confetti* \o/

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3141 on: July 13, 2015, 08:39:16 PM »
Aaand I'm done!

P.S.: I know there are some ssssonas that entered the groups after I had drawn them. Please, don't feel left out! If you want me to draw you, just PM me!

I love this simply for Julian in the background and that suspicious trail of smoke. XD
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3142 on: July 13, 2015, 08:42:46 PM »
Aaand I'm done!

That's just delightful!  I don't know what I like best:  Helle-Mai's intent expression (presumably while carving some expedition-specific rubber stamps), Helga and Una discussing pastries, or the cute little epaulets you've put on my outfit.  (Plus, I do in fact talk with my hands, even when on the phone.)
Julian, of course, is a whole bucket'o'funny by himself.  (I hate to think what just blew up in his lab, and clearly Marja and Bosse feel the same way.)

My only regret is that Rollo's SSSSona didn't turn up in time to be included in your portrait: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg50470#msg50470
Because how awesome would it have been to have *two* crazy-smart, red-haired guys on our team?  (Even if their "polite academic discussions" get a little... vigorous sometimes.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #3143 on: July 13, 2015, 10:28:29 PM »
I did Dancingranger today! I'm starting to get ridiculously pleased with these, and as a conseqence I use more and more time on each.
(If any of the remaining scouts find a parkour pose they really want their sssona in, just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best! (Elisabeth, Claire, Emil (if he is a scout, I'm not sure?), Adrai, Frenci and Sabrina, this means you :) So far I've done Hanna, Shane, Riika, Matthew and KMK in these poses (Solokov, Ilmari and Clara got drawn before I stumbled on this trend)

reference pose: http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/05/09/1226638/165375-gcb-parkour.jpg
I'll put in the WIP's later, if you like

*EDIT* WIPS!:
Spoiler: show
First try that I scrapped. The pose was really hard for me to understand.

For the second try, I did the trusty old draw the spaces outside the person instead of trying to to place limbs correctly, and it worked much better:

It's so awesome! (My tablet could take it and spazzed.) So awesome!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #3144 on: July 13, 2015, 11:05:55 PM »
My only regret is that Rollo's SSSSona didn't turn up in time to be included in your portrait: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg50470#msg50470
Because how awesome would it have been to have *two* crazy-smart, red-haired guys on our team?  (Even if their "polite academic discussions" get a little... vigorous sometimes.)

Ah yes, someone needs to draw/write this :)
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3145 on: July 14, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
Boo! ;D I finally finished my part of the art trade with FeartheViolas and in the process discovered that salt can be used to create pretty cool stars and things :D (it's seriously blowing my mind here  :o iz just too cool).
Anyways, this is supposed to be Sóley playing about with the demon cats in her dream realm (which I designed based on her answer on the personal dreamworld thread - no books sorry, I just couldn't think how to fit them into the picture without making it look weird, and the demon cats are slightly more insubstantial because erm.... reasons, dreamworld things.... pretty sure demon cats could do that if they wanted to.... right?). Hope you like it ^_^

Such pretty colors!! And I really like what you did with the cats! ;D

I bring more drawings that aren't art trades (sorry)
i felt like drawing mage!haiz today but not feeling like putting much effort into anything

Oh~ I like the blue glow OwO

(If any of the remaining scouts find a parkour pose they really want their sssona in, just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best! (Elisabeth, Claire, Emil (if he is a scout, I'm not sure?), Adrai, Frenci and Sabrina, this means you :) So far I've done Hanna, Shane, Riika, Matthew and KMK in these poses (Solokov, Ilmari and Clara got drawn before I stumbled on this trend)

Wow, this looks so cool! You've really been improving with these last few draws and I'm really impressed! :D

Finished my art trade with Jesty! :D

Jesty's 'sona Alice is a mage, but there's also lots of art of mages doing mage things and no art of knife-throwers throwing knives SOOO I went with the more dynamic option! :D what is perspective and dynamic posing, ahahahaha
As the others have already said: I love the dynamic pose! :D

Aaand I'm done!

Congratulations and thank you for doing this! :D I think all of them have been lovely and it feels like you've really tried to capture each character :)
Did Bosse cause whatever blew up in Julian's lab? XD

I did a quick comic thing! Why Sofie should not be allowed to wait for team 1 & 2 to call back to the others :P

I need to practice drawing chibis

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3146 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:37 AM »
Aaand I'm done!

Julian opening the door is exactly what I could expect from him ^^

Ps. *Raises a shy hand - But it's my fault, my character isn't in a group yet -__-*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3147 on: July 14, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »
Aaand I'm done!

This is just perfect!

That's just delightful!  I don't know what I like best:  Helle-Mai's intent expression (presumably while carving some expedition-specific rubber stamps), Helga and Una discussing pastries, or the cute little epaulets you've put on my outfit. 

The discussion by the table:

Una – So, you made this pastry with the apples I brought.
Helga – Yes, but according to the recipe I should have used some Old World spices. I wonder what cinnamon or cardamom was taste like...
Una - Have no idea, but I have a friend, whose uncle's neighbour tasted cinnamon once. He said it was delicious.
Helga - I bet it was good! Ummm.... do you think we can ask our brave explorers to look for old recipe books … errrr… unofficially?  For personal use.
Sara – Come on, this is an expedition for the sake of mankind!
Helle-Mai – Well, if you have money, or good connections, or some blackmail material…

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3148 on: July 14, 2015, 05:45:46 AM »

Such a calm mood. The contrast with the other groups is tangible.

12AM, Mora, in the headquarters of group 5
"By jove Aamu, your flute play is absolutely sublime!"
"Won't you try another biscuit"
"Why I would be delighted dear!"
"Which one of you rascals put coffee in my alembic!?"

Meanwhile, at groups 1, 2 and 3's place
*Screen cuts to the groups in the field*:
*scenes of utter carnage*
"That troll is running away in our Cat-Tank, stop it"!!
"Gun-medic, I need a gun-medic"!!

I did a quick comic thing! Why Sofie should not be allowed to wait for team 1 & 2 to call back to the others :P

I need to practice drawing chibis

I think this would happen regularly enough to render your ssssona an emotional wreck.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3149 on: July 14, 2015, 07:23:46 AM »

Fantastic! And that's probably not an experiment gone wrong, Julian's just trying to make roast chicken again.

"Which one of you rascals put coffee in my alembic!?"

Julian is a modern scientist. I'll have you know his alembic is purely ceremonial.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3