Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841714 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2925 on: July 04, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »
Ha, Sara sound like someone who would understand Clara's problems...
Clara, calling in to base: "WHO CHOSE THESE LEADERS?? They are so rash and irresponsible with record-keeping and Karri says they can speak Icelandic but they speak it kinda terribly, like y'know, I can help translate, but no, no one listens to me, and- and- and- ...Can I go home? Please?"

I approve your use of "rash" as a bad word, and I think that would be a nice thing to add to fics in general (looking at you, Sectoboss).
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2926 on: July 04, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »

Boy do I hope that plot armour is thick! (Terrible picture is terrible, sorry guys). Also, lucky for you guys I don't think anyone actually knows how to mutiny.....

Also, some excellent pictures today again Haiz and Unlos. Unlos I'm ver impressed with this series and each picture just gets better than the last :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:51:47 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2927 on: July 04, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »

Boy do I hope that plot armour is thick! (Terrible picture is terrible, sorry guys). Also, lucky for you guys I don't think anyone actually knows how to mutiny.....

Hee, hee, I like the sketch.  Is that super-soldier Arbet whimpering about "madmen" * while Alexis tries to talk some sense into him?  (* Or "madwomen" or "mad-agender-persons"... however that goes...)  And who's that hollering about death metal over on the right? 

Gwenno's reactions seem entirely reasonable, though maybe a bit out of character for someone we've seen whooping with glee while rappelling down the sides of exploding houses and the like.  Hopefully Captain Fimbulvarg and Lt. Karri will eventually figure out from the lack of motivation on the part of the rest of their crew that they should tone it down.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:21:10 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2928 on: July 04, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
Hee, hee, I like the sketch.  Is that super-soldier Arbet whimpering about "madmen" * while Alexis tries to talk some sense into him?  (* Or "madwomen" or "mad-agender-persons"... however that goes...)  And who's that hollering about death metal over on the right? 

I sort of assumed it was Clara? It seemed like a typical reaction for them, no offence.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2929 on: July 04, 2015, 07:52:46 PM »
I sort of assumed it was Clara? It seemed like a typical reaction for them, no offense.
Hey, I'm not the one who's going to live or die based on your command decisions. I'm safely behind a desk in Mora.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:14:44 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2930 on: July 04, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »
It was actually supposed to be Clara whimpering (as I said, terrible picture is terrible, Fimby managed to figure it out by the reaction though so kudos), but I like the idea of Arbet much better! The death metal person is Maja (Fauna), who I hadn't drawn yet so thought might as well stick them in (definitely an interesting character, with a thing for death metal - check out the info dump)

Edit: Uh wow, so immediately after I posted this the amount of people looking at the info dump went up from 2 to 21. Is that all you guys checking out Fauna or some weird coincidence  :o

Gwenno's reactions seem entirely reasonable, though maybe a bit out of character for someone we've seen whooping with glee while rappelling down the sides of exploding houses and the like.  Hopefully Captain Fimbulvarg and Lt. Karri will eventually figure out from the lack of motivation on the part of the rest of their crew that they should tone it down.
Eugh I knooooow, but I really wanted to draw the comic and felt bad about lumping one of the other sonas with the line that would undoubtedly bring about the righteous anger (or comical revenge?) of our glorious captains *sigh*, I'm just too nice is what it is  :-\ How about we assume that it was a rare moment of sensibleness, those do happen on occasion...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:05:48 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2931 on: July 04, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
I sort of assumed it was Clara? It seemed like a typical reaction for them, no offence.

I assumed it was her because of the popped collar. I wouldn't say it's a typical reaction for her though, she's a silent worrier. And calling them 'madmen' would be a bit of an overreaction.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2932 on: July 04, 2015, 11:39:39 PM »
I somehow had Ilmari figured for a teenager, and when rechecking the infodump on his occupation (after I had drawn him, duh) I noticed he's 26! Aghagh, sorry about that.

it's fine. irl i look young for my age, so *shrugs*. thank you so much for the art :J
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2933 on: July 05, 2015, 07:59:55 AM »
Hey, Clara'll learn!
(Overcoming fear of fire - Exposure therapy, anyone?)

And thanks for the lovely compliments on this series, people :D

I had forgotten that we had two Claras! Haven't seen Quabus in a while, though..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:28:11 AM by Unlos »

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2934 on: July 05, 2015, 09:30:41 AM »

It was actually supposed to be Clara whimpering (as I said, terrible picture is terrible, Fimby managed to figure it out by the reaction though so kudos), but I like the idea of Arbet much better! The death metal person is Maja (Fauna), who I hadn't drawn yet so thought might as well stick them in (definitely an interesting character, with a thing for death metal - check out the info dump)

Honestly, I only have four ways of comforting people-

1. I'm just gonna stay here
2. pat. pat
3. Who needs to be punched?
4. Hug.

Most of the time its 1&2, so imagining Alexis going pat pat while super soldier goes and debates his life choices or while Clara debates her life choices is enough to make me crack up.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2935 on: July 05, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »
Hey, Clara'll learn!
(Overcoming fear of fire - Exposure therapy, anyone?)

Ahh, thank you Unlos, Clara looks so cool! I agree, just doing her job will do her some good.
(I think I'll make this into an art trade :) )

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2936 on: July 05, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
Ahh, thank you Unlos, Clara looks so cool! I agree, just doing her job will do her some good.
(I think I'll make this into an art trade :) )
Weee!

I'm hogging the thread today, I've reached Petronella and have experimented with the background and lights a bit :)

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2937 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:32 PM »
weird, i specifically looked up animals up that way. i was trying for something small and normally not too dangerous. first thought was something like a groundhog, but those definitely don't live in Scandinavia. this is what i get for trusting wikipedia *shakes fist*
really nifty

Well a jackal wouldn't be native but if it was in the zoo in Year 0 then there could be a real jackal beast. Is there a zoo in your city? With the presence of a zoo in the bigger cities there is the chance for several exotic beasts.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2938 on: July 05, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
Well a jackal wouldn't be native but if it was in the zoo in Year 0 then there could be a real jackal beast. Is there a zoo in your city? With the presence of a zoo in the bigger cities there is the chance for several exotic beasts.
I don't think there's any jackals in the norwegian zoos, but I'm not positive. I have no idea about the other Scandinavian countries, though. If our expedition is even in Scandinavia? Not to mention that the zoo animals would run a high risk of both being infected, if they miraculously survived, being extremely inbred. And then for the local people to recognize the beast as jackal, and not a big fox? I find it highly unlikely. Still, the story works pretty well, and it only takes deus ex máquina to declare that that happened (but aww, I got all enthusiastic about the badger idea, I still think that would be better)

Also, some excellent pictures today again Haiz and Unlos. Unlos I'm ver impressed with this series and each picture just gets better than the last :)
Karris pose in this one cracks me up. What a glorious pair of leaders!

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2939 on: July 05, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
Beautiful work Unlos!

Anna will do everything in her power to keep group 2 alive... if she doesn't die from the stress of attempting to do so first!  ;)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8: