Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843318 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2715 on: June 28, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
Is it a curse if you get the blorptroll instead?
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2716 on: June 28, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »

Oh god
I can never use that mirror again

(Also thanks for the hair trigger art reflex, it's brilliant)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:51:07 PM by ParanormalAndroid »

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2717 on: June 28, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
Haiz first--that Blorp doodle is perfect and it may or may not have been what popped up in my own mirror...//shifty eyes//
Second--yeah, no, I don't take offence at all. I'll be the first to admit that you probably shouldn't put me in charge off something like that--I'm terrible at actually getting it done. Thanks for that outline btw, I'll be using that o vo (I honestly had no idea how to start so I panicked and put it off--it's a common problem I promise I'll try to be better about it) at the very least, if I don't get to a computer tonight (the one I'd been using before broke a couple days ago) tonight then I'll organize it in a notebook and type it up tomorrow

I'm really sorry about how long this has taken guys Q vQ

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2718 on: June 28, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »
Is it a curse if you get the blorptroll instead?

Probably, and if you get Lord Trolldemort the Jawful :V, it's probably the equivalent of 'ask again' on a magic 8 ball

Haiz first--that Blorp doodle is perfect and it may or may not have been what popped up in my own mirror...//shifty eyes//
Second--yeah, no, I don't take offence at all. I'll be the first to admit that you probably shouldn't put me in charge off something like that--I'm terrible at actually getting it done. Thanks for that outline btw, I'll be using that o vo (I honestly had no idea how to start so I panicked and put it off--it's a common problem I promise I'll try to be better about it) at the very least, if I don't get to a computer tonight (the one I'd been using before broke a couple days ago) tonight then I'll organize it in a notebook and type it up tomorrow

I'm really sorry about how long this has taken guys Q vQ

Don't worry about it! :0 It was kind of foisted upon you in the first place and I totally understand putting it off due to anxiety @___@ That's kind of like what I have going on right now with drawing all the new SSSSonas because good lord there are lots of you
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2719 on: June 29, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »
I drew a thing!! *insert fanfare and confetti* Feartheviolas asked me to draw this because she's sadly far away from most of her art supplies. So I want to make it very clear that the comic idea was hers. The dialogue is hers. I just drew it  :)

I think she's going to post some information about it as soon as I put this up, so stay tuned! Or something.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2720 on: June 29, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
I drew a thing!! *insert fanfare and confetti* Feartheviolas asked me to draw this because she's sadly far away from most of her art supplies. So I want to make it very clear that the comic idea was hers. The dialogue is hers. I just drew it  :)

I think she's going to post some information about it as soon as I put this up, so stay tuned! Or something.

Yes here is that promised information thingy. It's partially inspired by some stuff I had to yell for a school project recording thingy (You had to yell in Icelandic for a project at your English speaking school? Why? Ehhh well it's kind of a really long story that partially involves Hamlet) and also partially inspired by Laufey's Iceland day picture :D
Basically I wanted to give a bit of a picture of Sóley's character and the demon kitties and Ana helped me out with the art because travel is crazy and it would have taken me months to find the time. Thank you Ana!! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2721 on: June 29, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »
This drawing just got a bit more detailed than originally planned - there's still tons of fiddling I could do but at the same time I think it works as is: Art trade with Mad Robin (I originally planned on putting her on a bike but as Bosse seems to be opposed to that I started thinking of what kind of transportation Marja would use. I ended up with a winter version. She's really very skilled at Telemark style:

I just had a thought... what happens when she's going to fast and suddenly stops... poor Bosse!!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2722 on: June 29, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »
I just had a thought... what happens when she's going to fast and suddenly stops... poor Bosse!!
Well, that is a problem. For both of them, as it's in the nature of skiing to not stop suddenly unless you encounter an unexpected tree or stone. The turns at Telemark is a lot smoother than some other downhill styles, so he shouldn't fall off at those points either. So as long as Marja doesn't go over a cliff or into a tree, they should both be all right. I firmly believe Bosse will keep that from happening :D

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2723 on: June 29, 2015, 03:05:48 PM »
muehehehehehe
but on the other hand... Bosse has claws and fangs. Nobody wins in that situation.

So as long as Marja doesn't go over a cliff or into a tree, they should both be all right.
In this case they're doomed

Daéa Reina, RandomTexanReader you're my victims today!
Spoiler: show

Dia! A sweet little mechanic! I didn't want to paint it at first, but -ugh!- my sketches always looks too boring without colors.
Hope I didn't mess everything up with that, and it wasn't a crappy idea.     

Aaand voila - our incredible Lara! A skald, a mage and an unrivalled cook! Yes, her superhero cape is actually an apron.
Let's not talk about the strange pink smoke behind her.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2724 on: June 29, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »
Daéa Reina, RandomTexanReader you're my victims today!
Aaand voila - our incredible Lara! A skald, a mage and an unrivalled cook! Yes, her superhero cape is actually an apron.
Let's not talk about the strange pink smoke behind her.

*ahem* I love it.
Of course now the standard has been raised so it may take a little while to get something for my side that I'm happy with but it WILL happen before the end of this week!
(Also, I hope you don't mind, but this is now my new avatar because it's so. Awesome.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:40:27 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2725 on: June 29, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »
Look, I'm back, and with ART!

This art trade is for Koalalou, our poor misled Canadian. She read stories of vikings in her home country, but unfortunately the western world has a nasty habit of portraying vikings in not-so-accurate clothing. Big horned helmets included. The real vikings are kind enough to set her straight.

Don't question how they found a chest of perfectly preserved children's toys; it's comic logic
You have no idea how proud of myself I am of that hair: I'm actually starting to enjoy coloring hair now!

I swear my other art trades are happening! In my defense, I started working on this before others posted theirs, and I know that if I didn't finish it now, I never would  :-\
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2726 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »
Ana, your cartoon with Soley is really funny and well drawn.
Mad Robin, Láras expression is better than words.

I only managed one sketch in the ongoing nope-not-aiming-for-everyone-especially not at the tempo I'm drawing in series (It's Silenter):

Trinka, awesome!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2727 on: June 29, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »
Look, I'm back, and with ART!

This art trade is for Koalalou, our poor misled Canadian. She read stories of vikings in her home country, but unfortunately the western world has a nasty habit of portraying vikings in not-so-accurate clothing. Big horned helmets included. The real vikings are kind enough to set her straight.

Don't question how they found a chest of perfectly preserved children's toys; it's comic logic
You have no idea how proud of myself I am of that hair: I'm actually starting to enjoy coloring hair now!

I swear my other art trades are happening! In my defense, I started working on this before others posted theirs, and I know that if I didn't finish it now, I never would  :-\

It's an amazing drawing - I just have to point out though that "ingen" means "nobody".

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2728 on: June 29, 2015, 04:27:49 PM »
It's an amazing drawing - I just have to point out though that "ingen" means "nobody".

NOOooooOOoo, darn it all! I even checked google translate to make sure I got the right kind of "no". Last time I use that cruddy app  >:(
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2729 on: June 29, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
NOOooooOOoo, darn it all! I even checked google translate to make sure I got the right kind of "no". Last time I use that cruddy app  >:(
Ehh, you've got "Nei" in there which works perfctly in norwegian to. And "ingen" can be the beginning of "ingen vikinger hadde hjelm med horn", meaning "no vikings had horned helmets". I'm sure someone in that chorus wants to explain, in detail, why she can't do it, after all :P

Hey whadda ya know. I FINALLY finished some proper character art for Maja back on... what... page 151? Holy crap this thread moves fast..

And I forgot to comment on this, but it's lovely! The drawing looks professional, and I especially like the lighting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:37:42 PM by Unlos »