Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841968 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2700 on: June 28, 2015, 04:48:45 PM »
Soon. Let us a few more weeks or months. This thread is constantly growing :)

I'll be doing something special for the 100th SSSSona (probably just a colored headshot, but you know.)
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2701 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »
I'll be doing something special for the 100th SSSSona (probably just a colored headshot, but you know.
Why am I not the 100th SSSSona, why ? ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2702 on: June 28, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
I was away too long, unforgivable long. Like, two days?
I just try not to think about all those things I've missed.
Unlos YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IT'S PERFECT! I love the idea, i love the style, and omg Bosse! Everything is even cooler with Bosse. THANK YOU!!!

Keeper. Be prepared, I'm going to squeal again (I have no other way to express my emotions, thanks to my poor english, so...) EEEEEE your guess is absolutely correct! She really loves to feed the birds! Among other things, it's partly explains why she's always late. "... but... these poor hungry birds!" Also, I'm sorry, my half of our AT isn't finished yet :(

SectoBoss I would like to comment it... but everything has already been said *sigh* it's sad but amazing.

Martti Kakkiainen heeey! You have no idea how much I want to learn more about your ssssonas

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2703 on: June 28, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
Martti Kakkiainen heeey! You have no idea how much I want to learn more about your ssssonas

I added few more information in the first post of them. I wish I could like work with other ssssonas, to make them as friend or someone they worked/work with or anything, it could be cooler, but for working on that par I need other's ssssonas, I don't want to choose randomly.....

my characters basically lived mostly some places in Finland as really young, then moved to Sweden (they studied there) then came back to Finland. the parents were most that kind who loved to travel, even it was not the safest, but they both grew up with danger, so they are not affraid to go out to the wild either (even they need mast all the time)
I didn't decide on cities/places, neither for Finland or Sweden. they were Born in Saimaa, and they once lived in Keuruu as well, that's it, and lived at some other finnish places also. for Sweden, only one city they lived, where they had studies (what you can offer to get studies????) probably visited more places there, but not living other places.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2704 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »
I wish I could like work with other ssssonas, to make them as friend or someone they worked/work with or anything, it could be cooler, but for working on that par I need other's ssssonas, I don't want to choose randomly.....
If they ever end up in Iceland, you've got free use of Sonja.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2705 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
Hey whadda ya know. I FINALLY finished some proper character art for Maja back on... what... page 151? Holy crap this thread moves fast..

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2706 on: June 28, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
...Are you trying to insinuate something here? *innocent glance*

It would be updated if all y'all would send me your dang information!
I've said it two times before, and I'll repeat myself until I think I have it all:

If you've made a SSSSona in the past month or posted new art or information about your ssssona, PLEASE PM ME EITHER THE INFORMATION ITSELF OR A LINK because although I am a benevolent organization god I do not have the time to go through this gigantic fast-moving thread to get all your information!

So sorry for the gigantic text but this is my THIRD TIME SAYING THIS and I'd expect most people to skim it anyway.

EDIT: I found a list of most of the new SSSSonas that were posted, but I'm pretty sure that I missed some that were posted, so please continue to PM me new information unless I PM you first :0 Thank you guys so much, it's a bit difficult keeping up the infodump sometimes (especially because KauniitaUnia, my other mod, isn't as active here.)

How come? Are you putting together some sort of list? Wouldn't it be much easier to just have an open Google Doc or something so that anyone could edit in and work on their own character information?

Thanks for doing it, though. But you might want to see if you can get that kind of information in the OP, if the person who started the thread is still active on the forums.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2707 on: June 28, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »
How come? Are you putting together some sort of list? Wouldn't it be much easier to just have an open Google Doc or something so that anyone could edit in and work on their own character information?

Thanks for doing it, though. But you might want to see if you can get that kind of information in the OP, if the person who started the thread is still active on the forums.
Um...there is a google doc

I'll try to get to a computer today and put the link to it in the into post that I still need to write--at the very least I should have put that in so people could be directed to the doc more easily > A<
Sorry guys, that's my bad

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2708 on: June 28, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »
Um...there is a google doc

I'll try to get to a computer today and put the link to it in the into post that I still need to write--at the very least I should have put that in so people could be directed to the doc more easily > A<
Sorry guys, that's my bad

That would be really nice. It's great that someone is putting together all the info and stuff, but as a newbie I can't really comb through over 180 pages to find the summaries that may or may not be there.. you probably wouldn't need to repeat yourself so much if there was an easily accessible 'master post' with all the information an SSSS fangirl would need to jump on the self-insert train ;)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2709 on: June 28, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »

Ahh your art is really pretty!

And yes, it's a google doc with everybody on there for ease of art and fanfiction writing-reference. It would certainly be easier, but I've had some less-than-great experiences with open google documents, so although it's inefficient I can make sure that nothing majorly terrible will happen ;__;

As for that (koalalou this might be easy to just copy over) I've actually made an index on the first post of my organization thread so that should help??
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2710 on: June 28, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
ohh gosh I finally caught up with the thread, everything is wonderful, as usual, blankets blankets

- this thread didn't start the way threads usually do, it was ripped out of the fanart thread because the self-inserts started growing in there - and while I was the first to post a self-insert, dear darling koalalou was ended up having the first post to get turned into this thread, making her the OP. Which is a shame in that she was then gone from the forum while the thread actually appeared and till it grew like, 80 pages or something? meaning the first post never got updated into something informative - it should be soon, though!

(koalalou you know I love you so don't take this as any critique! I'm merely implying that if I had ended up as the OP the first post would've maaybee been super informative from the get-go ahaha ha... when you get around to fixing it, please add links to the doc, the self-insert expedition thread (the thread for fics about the inserts!), the expedition organization thread, and maybe even the collaboration project, while it's still going?)

- and everyone who is afraid of posting things: please don't be!!!! a lot of us are super interested in whatever you have! and even if it doesn't seem to get a lot of comments, it's as Trinka said - a lot people just lurk without commenting on everything, and that does not mean it went unappreciated. I always appreciate everything, even if it takes really long for me to catch up on text-heavy stuff.
We don't want to intimidate non-artists away!!!
you'll know where to find me.

the_visionary_narwhal

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2711 on: June 28, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
Are we allowed to just pop up randomly and say "hey, I want this character to exist" or is there like an initiation process we have to go through in order to be a proper self-insert?

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2712 on: June 28, 2015, 07:32:15 PM »
Are we allowed to just pop up randomly and say "hey, I want this character to exist" or is there like an initiation process we have to go through in order to be a proper self-insert?

Nope! Just give your character a bio,and you're good to go!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2713 on: June 28, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »

You have to click your heels three times in a row, backwards, and the if Laufeytroll appears in the mirror you can have a self-insert.

Ahaha, no, of course you can just show up with a character! Although if you do the above and Laufeytroll DOES appear I must say you're probably blessed by the self insert gods or something
YEET

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2714 on: June 28, 2015, 07:43:56 PM »
You have to click your heels three times in a row, backwards, and the if Laufeytroll appears in the mirror you can have a self-insert.

Ahaha, no, of course you can just show up with a character! Although if you do the above and Laufeytroll DOES appear I must say you're probably blessed by the self insert gods or something
Is it a curse if you get the blorptroll instead?