Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842450 times)

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2400 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
Random, but I had a thought:

Do you think they have vacuum cleaners in The Known World? I mean there are can tanks and other machines but maybe vacuums wouldn't be seen as necessary. But then, if the disease can be spread by vermin beasts and the like, maybe having was to clean stuff like that would help to stop outbreaks. While the cats kill the rats and other small beasts, someone immune could help clean out the nests that might be in a normal house.

And if they were common enough, households might have them too. Also then Ilmari could be found vacuuming the window drapes or something equally awkward. (this is what i get working for folks cleaning their house all day.)
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2401 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
Firstly for Koalalou ^_^
I think this may be the calmest art trade I've drawn. Seriously, it has no trolls, no fire and no explosions, what the serious hell was I thinking? I quite like it though :P

Asdfghasdfs I get back and find this piece of gorgeous and now I don't know what to do with myself

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2402 on: June 18, 2015, 01:49:01 PM »

I got inspired by the voice acting thing in the "scenes we'd like to see" thread, but since I'm not confident enough to voice any other characters than myself......... I did this instead, plus a norwegian version, even if the 'canon version' would be in icelandic.
(I hope the link works, I posted it as a private post on tumblr, I don't have anywhere else to upload stuff sorry)
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2403 on: June 18, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
I got inspired by the voice acting thing in the "scenes we'd like to see" thread, but since I'm not confident enough to voice any other characters than myself......... I did this instead, plus a norwegian version, even if the 'canon version' would be in icelandic.
(I hope the link works, I posted it as a private post on tumblr, I don't have anywhere else to upload stuff sorry)

Woah
Woah
WOAH
YOU SOUND NOTHING LIKE I THOUGHT YOU DID

(i mean not in a bad way, bc you have a nice voice, but STILL)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Moving Hunger Games posts
« Reply #2404 on: June 18, 2015, 02:06:04 PM »
All the posts relating to the Hunger Games simulator have been moved to their own thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=503.0

I left a couple of messages here if they related to regular Self-Interest topics as well as the simulator.
I deleted my original "hey, I'd like to move these" post, but not various replies to it; you may want to delete those in the interest of good housekeeping. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2405 on: June 18, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
thanks for the move, sunny! are you gonna include the simulator talk from whichever other thread had it, too?

Woah
Woah
WOAH
YOU SOUND NOTHING LIKE I THOUGHT YOU DID

(i mean not in a bad way, bc you have a nice voice, but STILL)
NOW I AM GENUINELY CURIOUS AS TO WHAT YOU THOUGHT I'D SOUND LIKE
......... like blorptroll?

(also gosh thanks?? nice voice? me?? aaa)
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2406 on: June 18, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »

Haiz your voice is pretty! I like it. Also I really like the sound of Norwegian ^^
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2407 on: June 18, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
thanks for the move, sunny! are you gonna include the simulator talk from whichever other thread had it, too?

Uhhh.... yeah, sure, of course I was going to move the simulator messages from ... um, whatever thread had them.  (Frantically scrambles to look them up.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2408 on: June 18, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »
Uhhh.... yeah, sure, of course I was going to move the simulator messages from ... um, whatever thread had them.  (Frantically scrambles to look them up.)

From Scenes We'd Like to See, starting with this!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2409 on: June 18, 2015, 02:26:56 PM »

NOW I AM GENUINELY CURIOUS AS TO WHAT YOU THOUGHT I'D SOUND LIKE
......... like blorptroll?

Uh...deeper, I guess. And I don't have an ear for accents whatsoever (lemme tell you about the time I mixed up British and German), so my brain translates your accent as 'nice voice' apparently. Also more regal-sounding-ish , I think?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:30:34 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2410 on: June 18, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »
Like, calm and clear ? :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2411 on: June 18, 2015, 02:36:49 PM »
Haiz, your voice is really pretty! And, just like KicknRun, I imagined your voice completely different. I don't know why, but I thought it would be a higher pitch voice (nothing to do with the BlorpTroll, I swear).
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2412 on: June 18, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »
Anyone up for an art traddde??

Edit: Wait if any of you say "yes" your ssssona would be in a group beach pic. Is that ok?

Yes! Group pic on the beach sounds great :)

I can still see her face... I believe you are underestimating his fluffiness!! Also, I can fully believe his collar being hidden in his fur xD
You mean it would probably be more a case of:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:54:26 PM by Unlos »

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2413 on: June 18, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
I have decided Haiz I still like the sound of your voice, even when you're not reciting amazing poetry x3
I like it even better in Norwegian
Didn't understand a word of it
But it still sounded really nice xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2414 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »
Haiz, I really like your voice! I, too, didn't imagine it as it was (I thought it would be lower for some reason?) but it's really cute! especially your accent I love accents so much
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan: