Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843503 times)

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2190 on: June 12, 2015, 03:07:45 AM »
Erm, not sure if this is proper forum etiquette posting this here and on separate thread, but here's what I've been working on for the collaboration project. Decided to shelf my last composition in favor of something simpler:

Still very much a work in progress, but I want to try and retain the loose quality that this sketch has.

ALSO. For those of you who are curious at what this collaboration project is, I have a link to the thread in my signature! There's still over a month before the event closes, and new participants are welcome.//end event-promotion
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2191 on: June 12, 2015, 04:34:24 AM »
And I also wanted to draw a low-speed chase.

AAAHAHAHAHAHA that'd be the lowest-speed chase ever. XD There's reasons why the Laufeytroll prefers ambush.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2192 on: June 12, 2015, 05:35:46 AM »
Huhuhu ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2193 on: June 12, 2015, 06:28:45 AM »
Sorry for spamming but I finished the drawing of Bosse wondering whose bright idea it was to bring a certain Blorp
From left to right: Jabberwocky, Bosse who's his very own Bosse, and Blorp who will never ever be Bossetrained! I have no idea who put that Bow on him - Cloud, was it you?

Someone posted this .gif on Disqus and I don't know why it reminded me of Blorptroll -- but it did.
I think it was the combination of the size and being perfectly oval in cross-section.

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2194 on: June 12, 2015, 08:21:52 AM »
Sorry for spamming but I finished the drawing of Bosse wondering whose bright idea it was to bring a certain Blorp
From left to right: Jabberwocky, Bosse who's his very own Bosse, and Blorp who will never ever be Bossetrained! I have no idea who put that Bow on him - Cloud, was it you?

Nice work on the cats! :D And blorptroll looks fab with that bow xD

ANYWAY i have fulfilled another art trade! KicknRun, hope I didn't mess up the dreamworld outfit too badly

Oh~ I like how the piece fades into darkness and how only the skirt sticks out :)

This made me laugh :D My ssssona would probably be the same xD

Erm, not sure if this is proper forum etiquette posting this here and on separate thread, but here's what I've been working on for the collaboration project. Decided to shelf my last composition in favor of something simpler:

Still very much a work in progress, but I want to try and retain the loose quality that this sketch has.
As long as it's art of your ssssona I think it can be in both? It looks really nice this far :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #2195 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
Are we still doing that Magical Girl thing? no, ok.

Spoiler: show
How could i make this transparent for the Art project thingy? I might just draw a digital one if I can't figure it out.
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2196 on: June 12, 2015, 10:38:51 AM »
Holy wow guys, I DID IT.
I read this whole thread in the span of 2 DAYS.

2 DAYS GUYS.
2197 posts, 147 pages, with accompanying text

I is dead now.

So yeah, just wanna say, great job with everything guys and galls! The art is great, and magical girls are very important. I feel like I get so many more references made on this forum now. BLORP TROLL FOR LIFE.

On a side note, anyone else noticed we have a disproportionately high ratio of girl inserts compared to guys. No? Just me?
OK then.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:18:42 AM by Trinka »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2197 on: June 12, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Holy wow guys, I DID IT.
I read this whole thread in the span of 2 DAYS.

2 DAYS GUYS.
147 posts, with accompanying this text.

I is dead now.

So yeah, just wanna say, great job with everything guys and galls! The art is great, and magical girls are very important. I feel like I get so many more references made on this forum now. BLORP TROLL FOR LIFE.

On a side note, anyone else noticed we have a disproportionately high ratio of girl inserts compared to guys. No? Just me?
OK then.

147 pages actually. 2197 posts. But yeah, congratulations!

It's funny that the short-lived mahoshona fad made such an impression out of all the things in here.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2198 on: June 12, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »
147 pages actually. 2197 posts. But yeah, congratulations!

It's funny that the short-lived mahoshona fad made such an impression out of all the things in here.

Whoops, you're right. I'll have to edit that.

And yes,even though I'll be super late on the trend bandwagon, magical girl deffonately needs to accompany my self insert when I finally get around to it.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2199 on: June 12, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
first of all, thank you for all the nice comments!! I'm glad you like my artistic shortcut to avoid drawing legs ^______^

Aaaaand then Blorptroll happened.

BLORP TROLL FOR LIFE.
Someone posted this .gif on Disqus and I don't know why it reminded me of Blorptroll -- but it did.
I think it was the combination of the size and being perfectly oval in cross-section.

ahahaha glad to see blorptroll is so appreciated! or not-so-appreciated, it seems, by others, hee. I didn't know that my tiny annoying trollsona would gain such popularity, but maybe that is the magic of a simple and easy-to-memorize design... I do feel a little bad for :V-troll with its 15 limbs though.......

also Trinka, congrats on reading through! I can't even imagine what it's like to catch up on this monstrosity from the beginning now. Maybe we should add explanations for some of the self-insert memes in that minnion meme thread, possibly linking to their origins... gosh that sounds like a lot of work i do not volunteer

this is amazing, thank you for including me in such a cool group drawing!! I love the action and roles we all have!!!

Oh Deer: all is possible in photoshop, but I'm bad at explaining... I could possibly do it for you later, but that would involve you sending me a mail with the file and things, and maybe someone else is wiling to help you/explain better in the meantime
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2200 on: June 12, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
If this is spamming, I want more of it. :D

All right! Drawing kitty fur was kinda absorbing, so I definitely can try some more of that.

Unlos, that is beautiful

Nice work on the cats! :D And blorptroll looks fab with that bow xD

Thank you! I only remembered afterwards that Rosepieces Bosse perhaps was a chocolate point - Rosepieces, ar you OK with his colouring or should I redo it in white/brown?

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2201 on: June 12, 2015, 04:18:54 PM »
Laufey, sooooooo... Aska and Sindri wanted to go for a piggy-back ride, and I had a hard time saying no. I hope you don't mind.

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2202 on: June 12, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »
Laufey, sooooooo... Aska and Sindri wanted to go for a piggy-back ride, and I had a hard time saying no. I hope you don't mind.

I never thought I'd be saying that a troll and two demons are cute, but there's no denying the facts. They're sooooooo cute! It looks like they're having a ton of fun, too. :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2203 on: June 12, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »

ahsgfkahsgfajhsgfa this is SO CUTE I mean what, my trollsona itself is decidedly non-cute. How did you make it cute. ;D
(lITtle DemoNs aRe frIEnds)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2204 on: June 12, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
I admit to being woefully behind, there are about 60 pages I haven't looked at, so my apologies if I've appeared anywhere and haven't thanked you - yet.  I have had a rare day off with time to draw, and have made a picture featuring some of you. I can't do a proper art trade because of how seldom I get to come here.  I also have not seen updates to your ssssonas.  Anyway....
This is a scene set in Norway in summer, a giant has been flushed out and is chasing a team back to base.  Here we see Karri holding open the door to the electric fence, Fenris is almost in, followed by Fimbulvarg, with Gwenno bringing up the rear after a valiant attempt at a flanking manuoevre.  Piney is calling back to the outpost to time the switching on of the electricity.  (Why is Piney in Norway? Dunno, leave me alone.)  Haiz and Almond Goddess have a plan, though - the falcon is to take a rock and drop it on the giant's main head from a great height.  But this is no ordinary rock, now that Haiz has cast a rune upon it for unerring accuracy and deadly effect, while not harming the falcon who must carry it.  (The off-duty personnel are not in uniform.)

This thread moves so fast I almost missed this. This picture, the scenario, both are super amazing!