Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841381 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2040 on: June 07, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
It most definitely shall! :D

I'm actually making a tentative new thread for organization of teams and such as well as people signing up for the possible teams, however that is organized 8)
Oh yesyesyes! I can't wait--imma sign up for that asap--it's a great idea, Curry!

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2041 on: June 07, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »

I'm actually making a tentative new thread for organization of teams and such as well as people signing up for the possible teams, however that is organized 8)
*Little voice* I absolutely don't want to avoid anyone to create, but might I just finish to write what I have ? I'm a little slow in english, sorry ^^° And I'm really, really happy to read all your reactions :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:44:23 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2042 on: June 07, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »

*waves of excitement* And maybe you guys will learn a thing or two about my back story ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2043 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:01 PM »
*Little voice* I absolutely don't want to avoid anyone to create, but might I just finish to write what I have ? I'm a little slow in english, sorry ^^° And I'm really, really happy to read all your reactions :D

Ahh that is entirely okay!! Don't worry, I'm happy to wait however long you need, no pressure here ^w^
YEET

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2044 on: June 08, 2015, 02:52:12 AM »
Slowly working through his backlog... I have gwenno's phofile photo...kinda done?... not the way I like it though..I might restart and try a different method, it's not working out the way I want it to..... half tempted to just do shading and sepia the photo or something though that would be the easy way out...

Sorry work has been crazy and I spent two hours extra today providing intel regarding wind conditions and location to our dispatch center after I called in a fire. (yes I work weekends)
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #2045 on: June 08, 2015, 03:27:26 AM »
Nnn this idea sounds good. I'd totally be in, but I'm off travelling the next three weeks and then organizing STUFF the two weeks after that, so maybe I'll join in later.

I'll probably be available as another cleanser (eh, so many directions things can go in...), but a sparkly new cleanser. My character will just have lost patience with parties that do not want an SSSS equivalent of a bard, and gone and done the training instead, even though it did take a chunk of her life. (Cue family freaking out again.)
Am notified of private messages via email.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2046 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:17 AM »
So I finally updated/redid/fleshed out my SSSSona's backstory.

Spoiler: actually not grumpy for once • show

Not quite right, but the best for now. I'll someday do something in color.

Nationality: .......... Swede
Area of Birth: ..... Luleå
Immunity: ................ Yes
Profession: Skald, Bookbinder/Archivist
Languages: :sweden: :iceland: :finland:

Born in the far northern reaches of Sweden, the girl who called herself Mith soon decided that if she was ever going to get anything done, it would be in the capital. Mora was far away enough from the trolls and the hunting parties. And then, of course, there were the books and the researchers and everything! After several months of scrounging up funds and dodging questions, she took the longest train ride of her life (and the most tension-filled one, despite the crew's constant reassurance) and got off in the capital.

Of course, as soon as she was through inspection, she realized the major flaw in her plan: mainly, the lack of an actual plan. After several days spent longingly drawing the outsides of research buildings (and maybe libraries!), she worked up the courage to go and apply a job. Given what she had heard about the poor materials and bindings of pre-Rash books, she figured there would also be a need for someone to try to put the books together.

While working (and also while not working...), she prefers quietness and areas free of other people who might mess up her projects. She doesn't completely dislike socializing, but the times she does want to talk she doesn't know what to say, and usually ends up just staying silent and impassive. She also dislikes danger very much. The Silent World is very, very intriguing--old ruins and old books!--but there's also the problem of trolls and beasts and whatnot. Maybe if she had people to hide behind that didn't burn or explode everything in sight...

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2047 on: June 08, 2015, 11:50:26 AM »
Nnn this idea sounds good. I'd totally be in, but I'm off travelling the next three weeks and then organizing STUFF the two weeks after that, so maybe I'll join in later.

I'll probably be available as another cleanser (eh, so many directions things can go in...), but a sparkly new cleanser. My character will just have lost patience with parties that do not want an SSSS equivalent of a bard, and gone and done the training instead, even though it did take a chunk of her life. (Cue family freaking out again.)

Awwww YES, another cleanser! B) I can't wait!

So I finally updated/redid/fleshed out my SSSSona's backstory.

This is really cool! :D Both of you guys' slides have been updated!

Also, I made a thread for the organization of the expedition! Look at me, actually doing things for once. here it is! Everybody should go join B)
YEET

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2048 on: June 08, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »
Karri: "Sorry about that. But we've got one book, right?"
Lára: "Yeah."
Beth: "But... that book?"
Lára: "I'll make a different cover for it."
Lára, NO.

This whole interaction is perfect oh my goodness.
And thus I joined group three in the other thread. :D
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2049 on: June 08, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »
This whole interaction is perfect oh my goodness.
And thus I joined group three in the other thread. :D
We're doomed.
(But it's gonna be AWESOME)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #2050 on: June 08, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »
We're doomed.
(But it's gonna be AWESOME)

Exactly :D
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #2051 on: June 08, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
Okay so, I fiddled around with the contrast and the lighting for a bit with this one, I don't think it came out as good as it is in RL. But whatever! I am too excited/nervous for this because it's my first art trade with Curry!!
So Curry, here's a Karri. I hope you like it.

I'd imagine Karri would sometimes take her glasses off, put them between the flaps as she gazes off into the distance of the burning buildings.
(and yes, there is fire in her eyes because why not)

Spoiler: I was feeling silly • show

^ that's Alice With Karri's hair, btw

^ that's Karri with Alice's hair, btw

Another one of Alice's failed rune magic, that's what happened *nod nod*
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2052 on: June 08, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »
Okay so, I fiddled around with the contrast and the lighting for a bit with this one, I don't think it came out as good as it is in RL. But whatever! I am too excited/nervous for this because it's my first art trade with Curry!!
So Curry, here's a Karri. I hope you like it.

I'd imagine Karri would sometimes take her glasses off, put them between the flaps as she gazes off into the distance of the burning buildings.
(and yes, there is fire in her eyes because why not)

Spoiler: I was feeling silly • show

^ that's Alice With Karri's hair, btw

^ that's Karri with Alice's hair, btw

Another one of Alice's failed rune magic, that's what happened *nod nod*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *takes deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is SO CUTE and eeeEEEEeeEEeeEEEE maybe I should cosplay blorptroll next
These comics are actually so adorable and wow?? I'm going to stare at this for a while :__3
I'm just. Ahhhhhhhhhh I can't get over how adorable this is?? The flames in the eyes are beautiful and I really really love that their name is stitched into their collar so much <3 <3

The comics are too accurate for words omg. Karri is way too used to weird things happening with their hair ehehehe
YEET

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #2053 on: June 08, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
Hm
I wouldn't mind making a self-insert, seeing as it looks like harmless fun and would be interesting

Buuuuuut I can't draw for jack so if I were to have 'me' illustrated I'd totally welcome that!!! Though I have no reference photo of myself whatsoever sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *shrug*

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #2054 on: June 08, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
Haha, I've been lurking around here waiting to post this. But photoshop is both new to me and extraordinarily uncooperative on my computer, so here's hoping it turned out for the best. So without further ado, my self-insert! Woo!  :P

Bio down here:

Spoiler: show

Name: Ana Nimetön
Immunity: Yes
Nationality: Finnish
Area of Birth: Saimaa
Profession: Skald
Languages: Finnish, Icelandic, Danish, can read various pre-rash languages (English, Spanish, French, German)

Bio:

She spent most of her childhood in Finland, where her parents were some of the few Finnish academics. She had a small talent for magic, and so was taught some skills of a mage. However, when she was thirteen, her family moved to Denmark, and she became interested in the old world and its secrets. She became a skald and specialized in deciphering texts in lost languages. She has a collection of old world dictionaries for this purpose, which is her prize possession. She always keeps transcripts of the dictionaries and other supplies in her bag. Being an adventurous and slightly foolhardy soul, her dream is to man an expedition into the silent world to collect all the books she can find.

Hope you all like it!  :)

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!