Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 840313 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1005 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:25 AM »
i joined a really weeb version of deviantart and naturally had to make a new icon. surprise surprise it's basically karri? and it's also my new icon here, until i finish that reynir comic i've been planning for 32950809842098 years

That looks so awesome >w<
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1006 on: April 29, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »
I may ask for an english native beta-reader... I fear I'll still have mistakes and wouldn't like this kind-of-short-novel to be too hard to read because of them :-[ I suppose I could, hum, maybe write something for who could accept that ? Because you're too far to be thanked by biscuits.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1007 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:15 AM »
I may ask for an english native beta-reader... I fear I'll still have mistakes and wouldn't like this kind-of-short-novel to be too hard to read because of them :-[ I suppose I could, hum, maybe write something for who could accept that ? Because you're too far to be thanked by biscuits.
I'm sure that anything you write will be fine (especially considering the number of non-native English speakers we have here), but I am totally willing to beta-read for you. PM me stuff?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1008 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:47 AM »
Hey guys can't type much 'cause I need to get to bed soon, but here's my part of the art trade with Piney. Sorry it took so long to complete! ><

I think that the next and final art trade on my to-do list is for Mad Robin. Fingers crossed I can get it done this week too!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1009 on: April 29, 2015, 04:18:29 AM »
Hey guys can't type much 'cause I need to get to bed soon, but here's my part of the art trade with Piney. Sorry it took so long to complete! ><

That's lovely!  All those little details -- the flying hair, glasses slightly askew, sparking explosive (or whatever scary thing Clara's carrying), the ballerina-like posture combined with the unnerved expression -- wow!

It looks very Pixar-esque.  I mean that as a compliment; I could totally see this drawing in, say, "The Art of 'The Incredibles'" as an in-story illustration of some other Super.  Uniform by Edna Mode:  "White, darling, it's all the colors in one.  Special stain- and smoke-resistant coating on the snowsuit.  And as always, NO CAPES!"
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1010 on: April 29, 2015, 04:25:52 AM »

I think that the next and final art trade on my to-do list is for Mad Robin. Fingers crossed I can get it done this week too!

It looks absolutely beautiful!!! :O (Once again I really really wish I had the time to do art trades)

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1011 on: April 29, 2015, 05:00:28 AM »

Your work is so incredibly beautiful!
I think you did a wonderful job with the emotion in this one! She looks as if she's trying to be intimitating with her grenade-thingy (lol what is it called?), but her posture with the raised arm and her slightly leaning back suggests that she is frightened. (The facial expression too of course, but I think whatever she's dealing with probably wouldn't focus on that)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1012 on: April 29, 2015, 05:03:41 AM »

This is so, so cute. Very Curry.

I hereby declare myself your fan, that's just pure brilliance! Everything's perfect from the pose to the nervous expression and oh my the sparks! The cobblestones.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1013 on: April 29, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »

Yup, that's Piney alright  :D

Two things I really like: The expressiveness and the way you combine so much detail with a smooth watercolour-ish style. It's like... impressionistic (not that I know anything at all about actual art theory).

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1014 on: April 29, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »
Did I told you before "I love your drawings" ?
Well, I love your drawings.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1015 on: April 29, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »

EEEEE IT'S PERFECTTTT THANK YOU
I especially adore the look on her face and the windy effect. Also the askew glasses - my glasses already are really loose and kinda do that IRL so that's spot-on ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1016 on: April 29, 2015, 04:23:29 PM »

I love your drawings! You are an inspiration!

Also, I was practicing drawing expressions and poses and this thing just sort of happened:

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1017 on: April 29, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
I love your drawings! You are an inspiration!

Also, I was practicing drawing expressions and poses and this thing just sort of happened:

I love this!!  :D
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1018 on: April 29, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
Mélusine I'd be glad to beta-read if you would like another reader! :3

Almond-Goddess, you continue to inspire and impress! I agree with Unlos. You're so talented and I hope to someday have such a grasp over digital art and color and EVERYTHING ahhhhh

Unlos, that is both hilarious and adorable! In a weird, troll way, of course...
YEET

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1019 on: April 29, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA BRILLIANT

i JusT WaNt tO hElp StoP CoME ClOseR *accordion noises*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: